Audio Monitor

Audio Monitor 0.8.5

BeerHunter

Love this plug-in, but unfortunately on my system (OBS 29.0.2 and Mac with OS 13.2.1), the delay function does not seem to work at all.
Trying to use it to sync audio between my microphone and virtual camera and raising or lowering the delay in Audio Monitor makes no difference at all.
As I'm using VB-Cable, I've obviously disabled the "standard" monitoring method.

My config below - have I done something wrong?

1678980796998.png

AaronD

Hello! I love this plugin! Is there a possibility that they can make a port to Linux?
I asked a long time ago. The answer was that every system does audio differently, and each port to a new one is essentially a rewrite of that connection. Exeldro understands Windows and Mac audio, but not Linux.

He did say, at that time, that he would be open to someone else doing that part. I've used Linux audio in the sense of JACK'ing different apps together, but I'd be just as lost in actually writing one as he is. Would you happen to know someone that can do that?

malonero88

I asked a long time ago. The answer was that every system does audio differently, and each port to a new one is essentially a rewrite of that connection. Exeldro understands Windows and Mac audio, but not Linux.

He did say, at that time, that he would be open to someone else doing that part. I've used Linux audio in the sense of JACK'ing different apps together, but I'd be just as lost in actually writing one as he is. Would you happen to know someone that can do that?
Unfortunately not. I currently use the audio monitor in conjunction with the application "Steel series Sonar" and "Virtual Cable". "Sonar" generates 4 audio sources in which I can divide into which application is going to sound in each source and with "Virtual Cable" I send the sound of the applications that I want the people with whom I am participating to hear. I think it is very difficult to find alternatives in Linux that can meet all these needs with my audio configuration.

MisterMuell

First of all thank you for the Plugin. This is the Feature i have missed since i have started using OBS.
I do however have the Issue that Audio is about 100ms Delayed compared to the internal OBS Monitoring and about 90ms compared to Windows "Listen to this Device" Feature that i am currently using. is that a generall Issue or is that unique to my specific setup?
I would very much like to use your Plugin because it would really "clean up" my setup.

Qfactor52

Exeldro submitted a new resource:

Audio Monitor - Audio Monitor filter for OBS Studio

Read more about this resource...
Hello, I've been reading and hearing great things about Audio Monitor. Unfortunately, I am unable to install Audio Monitor 0.8.2 on my Mac (OS 11.5.1 Big Sur). See attachment for the error message. The file is also unusually small (Universal: 179 kb). Could it be that something went wrong with the upload of this version?

Attachments

• Audio Monitor no install.png
    Audio Monitor no install.png
    110.7 KB · Views: 34

DaDzzzz

Hi guys,

I need some help. I'm new to mac, i installed and use audio monitor for mac (universal version on a M1 chip).
I no longer need it for now.
I can't find how to uninstall it. Can't find it in the app part of finder.

Could you please help to uninstall it cleanely ?
Thanks in advance
David

patrickbaltieri

Since upgrade to OBS 28.1.2 and plugin version 0.8.2
Some Meters are not showing on start of OBS.

Only the ones that have active sounds playing on startup will show the Meter.

The ones that do not show, can only be reviuced, if you play a sound on that source, then deactivate --> reactivate the source.

Issue here is, if that source is a "Global Audio Device" from OBS, you can only make it show up by deselect --> reselect the device in the OBS settings.
This will remove all Filters, and other settings, for that specific Device/Source - So not a option.

@Exeldro Is this in the "investigating" status already?

I have the same issue... only audio sources receiving audio show the meter active...

Tyr808

Hello, I'm unfortunately having an issue with websockets and this plugin, it seems to be so sensitive to crashes, even connecting a stream deck style app and having this filter on a source causes crashing. A weird workaround is to reboot, it will usually work then. After closing the applications the crashing will keep continuing every time I try to connect via websockets unless I remove the filter entirely.

I can't seem to replicate things better than that or isolate why the reboot sometimes gets it to work first launch, but I'd be happy to try to generate more detailed logs or run any kind of debugging process to help. This plugin is an absolute lifesaver, giving this up feels just as bad as losing websockets!

Tyr808

Hi, can i transfer the audio filter speex to cantaible 4.0? any ideas
Use virtual audio cables. I don't know if they all do this, but the ones I use (not free) https://vac.muzychenko.net/en/index.htm generate a pair of input and output devices by default. If I monitor a source with Line 3's output device, Line 3's input device acts as a microphone receiving that feed.

To make it simpler, I named the Line 3 output device "OBSVirtualMicFEED", and the input device "OBSVirtualMic" so if I have my OBS microphone with the audio monitor filter and set the device to "OBSVirtualMicFEED", any program I want that source to be in just needs "OBSVirtualMic" instead of my actual hardware mic source.

Speex is pretty outdated though and unless you intentionally want poor audio quality for meme value, you might as well use RNnoise or something more modern, but if you don't want a dynamic noise filter, using reaFIR to make your own static noise cancellation filter will be the best results and only takes a minute or two with the reaper VST's.

distriTS55

Hello,

first of all it is a great plug-in! It should be integrated in OBS by default.

Here the issue:

OBS crashes on exit when Audio Monitor Dock is enabled.

My systems are macs. Same issue on different computers (Mac Pro 2013 and MacBook Pro 2019 both with Intel)
and on different macos ( macos 12 and 13).

Any suggestion is welcome.

Thanks,

Distrits

Hello, I've been reading and hearing great things about Audio Monitor. Unfortunately, I am unable to install Audio Monitor 0.8.2 on my Mac (OS 11.5.1 Big Sur). See attachment for the error message. The file is also unusually small (Universal: 179 kb). Could it be that something went wrong with the upload of this version?
This is likely an issue with the fact that MacOS's security prevents unsigned packages from being installed, AFAIK. Try holding down SHIFT while clicking, and then choosing Open. I believe this is a per-use bypass for Apple's security.

kiwifilm

I don't know if anyone else has exparienced this, but Audio Monitor 0.8.2 is crashing on restart every time.

I can set up Audio Monitor as a filter and configure it to do everything I want and it worked perfectly. I open the dock and the following happenes whether I embed it within the OBD UI or leave as a floating window.

However, if I close OBS for any reason and relaunch OBS, OBS will load up but within a second or two will just crash. I do not get enought time after the relaunch and select a different Scene Collection and so the only thing I can do is reboot the system into safe mode, then relaunch OBS and then I can remove the filter, and after rebooting, back into normal mode OBS will relaunch. But I really want to use qudio monitor and it is the only way I have found to solve a mix minus issue, and it was perfect for that.

My input source is NDI and looks OK in the audio mixer and works just fine. Adding the Audio Monitor filter works fine when I output to a VB-Audio Cable (Virtual cable). I have set up 5 source monitors this way, but in troubleshooting, the issue occurs with a single source.

Here is my system:

Device name CS-XXX
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 5600X 6-Core Processor 3.70 GHz
Installed RAM 32.0 GB
Device ID 047DA35B-79FA-41B9-8444-D7B0D09D81B1
Product ID 00326-03100-00003-AAOEM
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Pen and touch No pen or touch input is available for this display

Edition Windows 11 Home
Version 22H2
Installed on ‎29/‎01/‎2023
OS build 22621.1555
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22640.1000.0

OBS 29.1.2 (64 bit)
Audio Monitor 0.8.2

NDI Version 5.5.2.0 (Update 5.5.4.0)

Any help would be appreciated as this plug in solves huge problems when it's running, but I can't risk running during a live show because of the time it takes to restart OBS and reload the filter settings should I need to.

griddark

Hello, I'm unfortunately having an issue with websockets and this plugin, it seems to be so sensitive to crashes, even connecting a stream deck style app and having this filter on a source causes crashing. A weird workaround is to reboot, it will usually work then. After closing the applications the crashing will keep continuing every time I try to connect via websockets unless I remove the filter entirely.

I can't seem to replicate things better than that or isolate why the reboot sometimes gets it to work first launch, but I'd be happy to try to generate more detailed logs or run any kind of debugging process to help. This plugin is an absolute lifesaver, giving this up feels just as bad as losing websockets!
Good to know about the reboot, I'll have to try it out, I'm getting the same crash after restart (happens if I switch scene profiles also) but hadn't tried a reboot of windows.
It's annoying for sure, but I don't know which I'd give up sooner, Audio Monitor or Websocket usage. :D

mrgrayum

I am dealing with the same issue. To get it to work on startup I need to open each audio monitor filter, reset to defaults, and set the correct values. This makes it harder for volunteers (I'm using OBS in a Church setting) to operate. This problem is not new to the most recent versions. I ran into this with the version for OBS 27.
I am experiencing this on some of the computers I'm using. Restarting OBS seems to "Unlink" the sources and sometimes it seems that the device that it's monitoring to becomes "unlinked" in some way. Eventually I just select a different monitoring device and the reselect the original one and it will work.

BrunoDanUy

Love this plugin! Really easy to set out audio monitoring to different devices (which is impossible to do natively in OBS).

However, it has been causing Max Audio Buffering, and OBS to crash. I've been told that it is because the plugin is not updated to OBS 29.

Could this be true?

Hjohnson757

I would give my left leg (I need the right one) to have this plugin be updated. It was so integral to my stream setup. It really hurt me to have to remove it. I am so lost without it.

AaronD

I would give my left leg (I need the right one) to have this plugin be updated. It was so integral to my stream setup. It really hurt me to have to remove it. I am so lost without it.
Since it never has worked on Linux, I've built my audio path completely *outside* of OBS. I use a free DAW to do everything instead (Digital Audio Workstation - essentially a complete sound studio in one app), and pass the finished soundtrack from there to OBS to send straight through unchanged.

Videos in OBS, are sent through the Monitor (the only thing the Monitor does now) to the DAW, which puts that into the soundtrack like everything else, and returns it back to OBS as a finished soundtrack.

Headphones and other auxiliary destinations are also fed from the DAW, not OBS. And the raw mics and other sources go directly into the DAW, not OBS.

If this plugin worked on Linux, I would have used it instead, but I've gotten to where the DAW works well now, so I'll probably stay here even if it does get a Linux version. Besides, the set of plugins for the DAW (OBS calls them filters) is far bigger and more detailed than what OBS has anyway!

Hjohnson757

Since it never has worked on Linux, I've built my audio path completely *outside* of OBS. I use a free DAW to do everything instead (Digital Audio Workstation - essentially a complete sound studio in one app), and pass the finished soundtrack from there to OBS to send straight through unchanged.

Videos in OBS, are sent through the Monitor (the only thing the Monitor does now) to the DAW, which puts that into the soundtrack like everything else, and returns it back to OBS as a finished soundtrack.

Headphones and other auxiliary destinations are also fed from the DAW, not OBS. And the raw mics and other sources go directly into the DAW, not OBS.

If this plugin worked on Linux, I would have used it instead, but I've gotten to where the DAW works well now, so I'll probably stay here even if it does get a Linux version. Besides, the set of plugins for the DAW (OBS calls them filters) is far bigger and more detailed than what OBS has anyway!
I believe a similar setup may be my answer as well. However, I can see browser sources being a big issue for me. I want things like SoundAlerts to play through dedicated speakers.