Status
Not open for further replies.

PlebCast

I think it's both? Never had that happen to me, so you should maybe try with a clean 16.12.2 install first. Once you did that (and it still happens) report it to both, that way AMD knows and Blizzard can add some additional information for it.

Will probably just go ahead and report it since it is a clean install as it's also a clean install of Windows 10 as well. Cheers!

kamild_

Great to hear! I kind of liked ReLive, loved the replay functionality, but it didn't work well with a bunch of games I was playing, like osu! (requires compatibility mode, which also doesn't let the game use higher resolutions thanks to DSR), Minecraft (can't record it at all) or even Source-based games like CS:GO and TF2 (artifacts while running the recording).
Now that OBS also has a replay function finally added to it, and HEVC encoding is most probably on the horizon, I'm hyped!

OBS Studio 17.0.1, 1.4.3.8, and ReLive 17.1.1. OBS Studio is still crashing after a few seconds when attempting to use the encoder. Same crash log as before. This is extremely irritating. I suppose I need to take this to the OBS Studio Windows Support forum again?

Attachments

• 2017-01-17 20-34-45.txt
    16.5 KB · Views: 29

Xaymar

OBS Studio 17.0.1, 1.4.3.8, and ReLive 17.1.1. OBS Studio is still crashing after a few seconds when attempting to use the encoder. Same crash log as before. This is extremely irritating. I suppose I need to take this to the OBS Studio Windows Support forum again?

Looks like a device reset, so yes.

Looks like a device reset, so yes.
Okay, will do. And by the way, Display Capture seems to work perfectly fine with the encoder. I've disabled Game Capture in my profile for now.

Edit: It appears as though an instance of OBS Studio continues to run in the background even when I close the program. When I open OBS Studio again, it crashes when I start the stream. In order to prevent OBS Studio from crashing, I have to get the first instance of OBS Studio out of my Task Manager. It's been sluggish to start for a while, but it also appears to be sluggish to exit, too.

Game Capture crashes no matter what I do. Display Capture works as long as there's only one instance of OBS Studio.

Last edited:

penetrator89

Hello. Sorry for bad english

Xaymar, thx for you work.

Use plugin on stream, but it look bad.

What setting change for best quality at Stream ?

2700 bitrate - max, what I can.
8ceeee8a96544c7e608f67da590b8b28.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Flaim

@Xaymar random question i came up with as of the R9 390 driver problems since relive updates:
is the code of this plugin driver-version aware and thus compatible with multiple versions, or am i required to use a version of your plugin corresponding to the driver version i use?
e.g. currently running 16.11.5, so can i use the current 1.4.3.8, or do i have to downgrade to 1.4.3.2?

If anyone has looked into AMF 1.4 yet, does it allow for lossless HEVC capture? Nvidia's lossless hevc is quite good, it is more efficient than x264 ultrafast crf 0
https://twitter.com/AMD/status/821485770829656064
you can download AMF 1.4 here:
https://github.com/GPUOpen-LibrariesAndSDKs/AMF/releases/tag/v1.4.0

I don't have a r400 series card so can't test/use HEVC capture, I have not read anything in regards to lossless or any defined quality limits. From release notes I am guessing it is just integration at this point in time for the r400 series, bandwidth and quality limit increases I imagine are in the works for a future update once they squash a few bugs with the latest AMF version.

@Xaymar random question i came up with as of the R9 390 driver problems since relive updates:
is the code of this plugin driver-version aware and thus compatible with multiple versions, or am i required to use a version of your plugin corresponding to the driver version i use?
e.g. currently running 16.11.5, so can i use the current 1.4.3.8, or do i have to downgrade to 1.4.3.2?

The plugin by @Xaymar integrates AMF functionality for OBS Studio, you need the latest AMF package from AMD for actual functionality, and compatibility with the plugin.
Have you tried the latest AMD driver release? From small testing they seem on par for performance/stability with previous release. What issues are you having exactly? I have a r9 290x and haven't had any issues with any Crimson driver release, only improvements across the board until the last couple of releases which seem just as good as their prior versions.

<snipped>

Can you please upload a logfile, you can find details on how to upload a logfile by reading the following link from this site:
https://obsproject.com/forum/threads/please-post-a-log-with-your-issue-heres-how.23074/
Uploading a logfile will greatly assist others in lending a helping hand as it will provide more information than just 'it looks bad'.
Here are some guides found here on this site:
https://obsproject.com/forum/resources/short-sweet-obs-studio-guides-everything-you-need.460/
and
https://obsproject.com/forum/resources/full-video-guide-for-obs-studio-and-twitch.377/
Here is the configuration guide page from Xaymars wiki for his plugin:
https://github.com/Xaymar/obs-studio_amf-encoder-plugin/wiki/Configuration
EDIT: Formatting to shorten post...

Flaim

What issues are you having exactly? I have a r9 290x and haven't had any issues with any Crimson driver release, only improvements across the board until the last couple of releases which seem just as good as their prior versions.
my only concern is that switching between multi-display modes locks the memclock to 150 MHz, which in some cases can only be restored by rebooting in single display mode.
my 100% replication scenario is:
  • set your computer to extended display mode
  • turn off computer and second monitor
  • turn on computer without turning on the second monitor
  • you now get a wonderfull horizontal tearing/flickering because of the 150 MHz memclock
in some cases this can be alleviated by launching a youtube video in chrome (haven't tried other browsers). then the clock goes up to the regular 1500 MHz.
this scenario is so vast to me, because my second monitor is a tv which i'm not usually using as a second monitor and don't change the display mode before shutting down.

not even starting with voltage control via wattman...

my only concern is that switching between multi-display modes locks the memclock to 150 MHz, which in some cases can only be restored by rebooting in single display mode.
  • you now get a wonderfull horizontal tearing/flickering because of the 150 MHz memclock
in some cases this can be alleviated by launching a youtube video in chrome (haven't tried other browsers). then the clock goes up to the regular 1500 MHz.
this scenario is so vast to me, because my second monitor is a tv which i'm not usually using as a second monitor and don't change the display mode before shutting down.

The replication scenario you posted could be incredibly helpful for AMD, have you posted a bug report with them? Also trying to troubleshoot is not a good idea to continue in this thread as it could very well take a few pages, especially if others start posting similar issue replies (Not that I mind others chiming in, any insight and steps of troubleshooting taken by others is more knowledge and hopefully better understanding of the issue, which could lead to a solution)

Link to the new thread for this troubleshooting attempt:
https://obsproject.com/forum/threads/amd-gpu-memory-clock-stuck-at-base-clock-speed.61992/

Last edited:

Xaymar

Any information for 2-pass? I'm not found about it.

Pre-Pass hasn't changed much since I added it to the plugin. It still is only a fake Two-Pass encoding that only adjusts the qp values for a given macroblock to store information better.

Will AMF 1.4 improve performance for VCE 1.0 cards like the R9 280X ?

You will have to try. There is nothing stopping you from doing so, just install the new driver and go.

If anyone has looked into AMF 1.4 yet, does it allow for lossless HEVC capture? Nvidia's lossless hevc is quite good, it is more efficient than x264 ultrafast crf 0

It's almost like everyone wants to be the first one to notify everyone about this, but in the end they just end up being one of many that say the exact same thing. AVC and HEVC "lossless" (it's still NV12) have always been supported.

2700 bitrate - max, what I can.
[/URL][/IMG]

I don't know. I don't provide help for setting things up for a specific connection, you have better luck asking in the support forum.

been there, done that. it's definitely a bug in the relive drivers.

Most of it is aware of older driver versions, but do keep in mind that either option you provided will not give you any support. You'll be on your own with all issues, including those that are driver bugs which have already been fixed. If things are broken, tough shit you'll have to sit through it.

I've heard of the 150mhz bug affecting some card, I wonder if that's why my 285 is so terrible with the relive drivers (I have three monitors).

Status
Not open for further replies.