Resource icon

Advanced Scene Switcher 1.26.1

vapeahoy

It happened here as well, but the plugin is working so strangely at times stopped using it. It's very unfortunate if it can't be fixed. Maybe just wait for the next obs version.

Warmuptill

Warmuptill updated Automatic Scene Switching with a new update entry:

Added cursor position feature, crash fix

Fixed the crash on closing OBS (hopefully, please report if it is still happening)

Added the functionality of the cursor position check (implemented by moatdd, Thanks!):

Adding the following entry will make OBS change to the "TopMonitor" scene when the cursor enters the specified subregion:

<0x0.1600x900>,TopMonitor

The format is like so:...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Shadez69

Hi all, I'm not sure this is what I'm looking for but I want to be able to set obs to automatically switch between a set number of scenes automatically so I can leave it unattended and it would switch, whether randomly or at set intervals. Can anyone tell me if this is possible?

Thank you!

Last edited:

Nitrofski

I recently got issues with scene duplicating and crossing over to another Scene Collection when one of them used this Scene Switcher. It was getting worse and worse over time, which forced me to fix the scene collection files manually. I am not 100% certain it is because of this plugin, but removing the Scene Switcher Options source seemed to fix the problem.

[EDIT]
I had other issues with being unable to delete Scenes in OBS, I had to clear them manually in the .json file, even if I had no active Scene Switcher Options sources. In runtime, it worked semi-fine (it was removed from the list but it was impossible to create a new one with the same name). Upon restarting OBS, though, all deleted scenes came back, and changed Source settings were restored.
Removing the plugin altogether was the only thing that fixed this issue.

Last edited:

Warmuptill

I recently got issues with scene duplicating and crossing over to another Scene Collection when one of them used this Scene Switcher. It was getting worse and worse over time, which forced me to fix the scene collection files manually. I am not 100% certain it is because of this plugin, but removing the Scene Switcher Options source seemed to fix the problem.

[EDIT]
I had other issues with being unable to delete Scenes in OBS, I had to clear them manually in the .json file, even if I had no active Scene Switcher Options sources. In runtime, it worked semi-fine (it was removed from the list but it was impossible to create a new one with the same name). Upon restarting OBS, though, all deleted scenes came back, and changed Source settings were restored.

I will try to find the source of this issue. (Sent you a message)
Is anyone else experiencing this?

RytoEX

Forum Admin
Forum Moderator
Developer

[EDIT]

I will try to find the source of this issue. (Sent you a message)
Is anyone else experiencing this?

Yes. I experienced the same problem described by @Nitrofski when trying out the Automatic Scene Switcher plugin in early to mid July. Removing the plugin stopped the duplication, though I still had to manually remove the duplicate scenes and sources. I wasn't sure if it was this plugin or something else. I wanted to do more thorough testing, but I had other things come up that got in the way. I'm not sure what version of OBS Studio or this plugin I was using at the time. If I had to guess, it would have been any stable release of OBS Studio from 0.14.2 to 0.15.2 and Automatic Scene Switcher 0.5.

Warmuptill

Warmuptill updated Automatic Scene Switching with a new update entry:

Bug fix for Scene Round Trip scene duplication

Resolved an issue that could cause the Scene Round Trip to duplicate scenes.

A scene is duplicated whenever the plugin is trying to switch to a scene that does not exist anymore, but does exist when the scene switcher is trying to figure out which scene to switch to. This problem still persists but should be a lot less frequent, theoretically. Please tell me if you still experience this issue!

Read the rest of this update entry...

AuroraDrag0n

I would love to make the jump to OBS Studio, but there is only one thing that OBS can do that Studio can't with this plugin.

Someone made a plugin that can tell the difference between League of Legends, and the League of Legends loading screen, which has the same window name. After setting up this plugin, it can't recognize the two, and for about 20 seconds, my overlays for the main game clash with the loading screen.

If you could add or duplicate what the other guy did, I'd love to be able to use the new shiny features of Studio!

Here is the link to his plugin:

https://obsproject.com/forum/resources/league-of-legends-scene-switcher.30/

dodgepong

Administrator
Forum Admin
Scene switching plugins in general are being hampered by the absence of a frontend API. I believe the frontend API is slated to be released within the next couple patches, so people can expect to see more/better plugins related to scene/source control once that happens.

Warmuptill

Doesnt work :((( Im use latest version OBS studio :/

What does not work, exactly?(Does it crash/ freeze? Does a certain feature not work? Can you not set up the options? Do the options not show up as a source? ...)
I will gladly help you out. I just need a bit more information :)

Ronny

Hi, need help. i have a 2 screen set up.
I need to switch scene depending on which screen the mouse is, if its first screen or my second screen.
The thing is i cant use active window to change because one of them uses new names as window name for each
new project on my studio software. So i want something easier to switch scene depending on which screen im working on.

Mouse is on screen 1, then show scene that shows screen 1. and vice versa for screen two. HOW TO?

Warmuptill

Hi, need help. i have a 2 screen set up.
I need to switch scene depending on which screen the mouse is, if its first screen or my second screen.
The thing is i cant use active window to change because one of them uses new names as window name for each
new project on my studio software. So i want something easier to switch scene depending on which screen im working on.

Mouse is on screen 1, then show scene that shows screen 1. and vice versa for screen two. HOW TO?

That should be doable. Have look at the Cursor position check (by moatdd):

The format is like so:
<minXxminY.maxXxmaxY>,sceneName

Since I don't know the resolution/orientation of your monitors I cant give you the exact values you need, but in general the scene switcher options should contain something like this:

<0x0.1600x900>,leftMonitor
<1601x0.3200x900>,rightMonitor

(this would work for a setup of two screens with a resolution of 1600x900 who are oriented to expand your desktop horizontally to a total resolution of 3200x900)

Let me know if this works for you!

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
Hey, mind if I adapt some of your code and make an official scene switcher plugin in OBS? I'm currently finishing up a front-end API to allow things like this much more easily, and I'm probably not going to merge your code fully because it's a source, and what I'm making is more akin to a tool that you can open within the program (with full Qt dialog support and stuff).

Would you mind that at all?

Ronny

Warmuptill! Worked like a charm! I dont use nvidia surround setup, but it worked anyway with a 2 split screen setup that dont share resolution. Thanks!

Warmuptill

Excelent plugin :D
but, is there any way to make the scene round trip to loop nonstop?

That is indeed possible by just adding the scene that triggers the scene round trip at the end of the scene round trip. For example:

Scene Round Trip,Scene1,10,Scene2,5,Scene3,5,Scene1,5

This will create a loop.

DHarris69

What does not work, exactly?(Does it crash/ freeze? Does a certain feature not work? Can you not set up the options? Do the options not show up as a source? ...)
I will gladly help you out. I just need a bit more information :)
I extract plugin in OBS studio, but when I launch OBS there is no plugin.