Resource icon

Advanced Scene Switcher 1.25.5

mpek

When starting OBS 0.15.1 it crashes when ASS 0.4.2 is currently installed. Crash report attached.

Attachments

• crash-log_automatic-scene-switcher.txt
    46.1 KB · Views: 51

mpek

Currently the feature you are describing is not implemented. It is possible to implement that for a future version of this plugin however.

Just so I understand your request correctly: Would the scene with the name "MPC" act as a trigger to activate the round trip switching in your example? Should the round trip switching stop as soon as every scene was shown once or should there be an option to loop forever?(that option could just involve setting the Backup Scene Name to the Scene that triggers the round trip). And finally do you think it would be acceptable for it to entered in the options following this format:

"Scene Round Trip,TriggerSceneHere,DelayHere,NextSceneHere,DelayHere,AnotherSceneHere,DelayHere,..."
So your example would be:
"Scene Round Trip,MPC,3,CAM1,3,CAM2,3,CAM3"

For testing purposes it would be very helpful if this is going on forever.
For some other occasion it would be nice to be able to set an endtime, e.g. like 17:59:59 (24hour time) one second before 6 o'clock p.m.

Warmuptill

Warmuptill updated Automatic Scene Switching with a new update entry:

Added the pause scenes and the scene round trip, fixed a few bugs/crashes

You can now specifiy scenes, which ,when selected, will pause the Scene Switcher.
You can now add a Scene Round Trip (Switches to specified Scenes when the trigger scene is active and waits for the specified delay before switching to the next scene in the sequence)

Thanks to everyone that pointed out issues / crashes that were fixed!

Read the rest of this update entry...

ontdamian

Hi, many thank for this plugin! It's awesome and very helpful for me.

But one feature is missing as for my needs: switch to other window if is just active, not necessarily in focus. For example, I can play a movie by VLC in external window with separate console. So OBS is switching to the movie window. Backup Scene is also set to switch back in case of movie end. But since I press anything on the console - i.e. to increase volume, video window is not in the focus anymore and OBS is switching back to Backup Scene. It would be very helpful, to have possibility to stay on any window if is just active.

Thank again, good work!

Warmuptill

Hi, many thank for this plugin! It's awesome and very helpful for me.

But one feature is missing as for my needs: switch to other window if is just active, not necessarily in focus. For example, I can play a movie by VLC in external window with separate console. So OBS is switching to the movie window. Backup Scene is also set to switch back in case of movie end. But since I press anything on the console - i.e. to increase volume, video window is not in the focus anymore and OBS is switching back to Backup Scene. It would be very helpful, to have possibility to stay on any window if is just active.

Thank again, good work!

Thanks for the suggestion!

Unfortunately I am not sure how i would determine if a window is "active" or not. And i don't think it would be easy to implement either, but ill have a look into it. I could however add an option to specify window names, that, when they are in focus, will be ignored by the scene switcher (So it would not fall back to the Backup Scene, when you add the window name of your VLC console to that list). Would that work for you?

In the meantime you could just create a VLC scene and add it to the "Pause Scene Names" list. This would prevent the plugin from switching back when it would usually switch to a different scene (when you are changing the volume for example), but you would have to switch to a different scene manually after, since the scene switcher is paused while this scene is active.

Alternatively you could also just tell the scene switcher to switch to your VLC scene when the VLC console is in focus, aswell. (Which is probably the easiest way to do it, if you know the window name of this VLC console thingy :D)

Last edited:

Darksora

Hello,
first of all thanks for this plugin! It's very fast and I haven't had any issues with it since the day i started using it :)
I have similar needs for a feature as ontdamian, so maybe i can add some input to the functionality :)
I don't really want to switch scenes through focusing other windows / applications. Because once i tab out of a game to write in chat and switch back to the game, it switches back to the Backup Scene and back to the game, pretty fast. I don't think viewers should notice when i'm tabbing out and this can be a distraction from the content i'm streaming.

So my suggestion is, make the focused attribute an optional attribute for every scene. So you don't have to use it only if you really want to. So that a scene gets displayed once a Window is currently opened or active (it doesn't have to be focused). That would fix the tabbing out issue.

Then you could even implement priorities to some scenes to ensure correct scene switching, once you close a window.
Something like this:

ab202d5d5d1b5488c54033baf427343e.png

So in my example the highest Priority would be 1 and the lowest 5. So once i close League of Legends or win / lose the game, it should check if Dead By daylight is open, if not -> check if the next priority is open and so on and on. And if none are opened, the backup Scene should be displayed. Or make it the last scene with the least priority. Whatever you think is best.

I don't know if this is a good idea. It's just something i was thinking about and thought I would let you know. Maybe this can help :)

Thanks again and keep up the good work! :)

vapeahoy

I think it's a horrible idea to have more games then any one running in the first place. I also dont have any problem with it going directly from game to browser scene if i wanted to, that's just a matter of setting up OBS scene transition correctly. If the plugin needs to do too many calls, it could start getting a resource hog. From what you describe you simply need to setup hotkeys yourself to switch directly to your game/apps. Adding that to this plugin would be another beast entirely.

RoflzNSyrup

Thanks for the suggestion!
I could however add an option to specify window names, that, when they are in focus, will be ignored by the scene switcher (So it would not fall back to the Backup Scene, when you add the window name of your VLC console to that list). Would that work for you?

Any idea if you'll ever get around to doing something like this? I'd love this feature. I don't want OBS switching to my Default scene because I responded to someone on Discord while playing Overwatch. The feature you're describing sounds like a perfect solution. When I'm playing overwatch and AltTab/Escape to Discord on second Monitor, OBS WON'T switch to Default. When I exit Overwatch to the desktop, OBS switches to Default.

Warmuptill

Warmuptill updated Automatic Scene Switching with a new update entry:

Added "Ignore Window Names" option

Added the option to ignore certain window names.

This option is useful if you want to the plugin to ignore certain window names and not switch to the specified scenes. (for example when you ALT Tab to your chat window or Teamspeak and don't want the plugin to switch away from the game scene or whatever scene is currently active)
Just list the window names you want the plugin to ignore after the phrase "Ignore Window Names" like so:

Ignore Window Names,Twitch - Google Chrome,TeamSpeak 3...

Read the rest of this update entry...

moatdd

I'd like to be able to switch scenes depending on the location of the mouse XY coordinates.

I used to use an autohotkey script that would do this so that I could hide various cameras and chat overlays whenever my mouse cursor went underneath them, but it's no longer possible to do this in OBS Studio because it won't respond to hotkeys sent via autohotkey unless it's the foreground application.

All I need is the ability to designate XY min/max rectangular regions and link them to specific scenes.

moatdd

Never mind. Thanks for posting the source. I was able to add the feature myself.

Here's the revised switcher.cpp, in case you'd like to add this feature to the plugin.

And, for everyone else, here's a 32-bit build of the modded plugin. (I know nothing of compiling for x64)

Adding the following entry will make OBS change to the "TopMonitor" scene when the cursor enters the specified subregion:

<0x0.1600x900>,TopMonitor

The format is like so:
<minXxminY.maxXxmaxY>,sceneName

If the cursor is sitting inside two overlapping regions, it will prefer the smaller region.

Last edited:

FriGiN Goon

I THINK I might be an idiot, but here is my config screen, end result is it doesn't do anything.

I fixed it nevermind. it was a syntax error.
qglwrEq.png

Last edited:

MadonfireWoW

Trying to get it to work for Starcraft II but i have no idea how.
I dont get anything about the code you need to put in.
should it work with just gamename then a , and then your obs scene name and then isFullscreen ?
Example: Starcraft II,SC2 ingame,isFullscreen
or do you need to put the ( ) somewhere or the "," cause i dont get it.
could someone please explain?
also does anyone know what the out of game and in game screens are called for Starcraft II?

vapeahoy

it's easy:
window title, scene name in obs, parameter

f.ex
pixelstardustasterioidnightmare8k2016 (64-bit),pixelstardust,isFullscreen

Sean A McKinnon

Ever since the latest release of OBS Studio (0.15.4) this plugin causes OBS to crash on close. See attached crash log. It doesn't happen if I uninstall the plugin by deleting the SceneSwitcher.dll files.

Edit: Also when the crash occurs, it doesn't properly release the cef-bootstrap.exe resource. This causes a slow memory leak over time that can eventually lead to the PC running extremely slow until you go into Task Manager and manually End Task on that cef-bootstrap.exe process.

Attachments

• Crash 2016-08-13 11-07-32.txt
    50 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:

Kyle Clark

Are there any delimiters for window names that have commas? For example, the window name for Rocket League is "Rocket Leage (32-bit, DX9)"

So, my entry looks like this:
Rocket League (32-bit, DX9),Game

I have a scene named "Game." Since Rocket League uses a comma in its name, this entry doesn't work.

vapeahoy

So, my entry looks like this:
Rocket League (32-bit, DX9),Game

I have a scene named "Game." Since Rocket League uses a comma in its name, this entry doesn't work.

Well just read the manual next time, Kappa.

enter this and change accordingly after first comma :
Rocket League(.*)32(.*)DX9(.*), suckygamescene, fullscreenparameter here
And that should work just splendidly.

Warmuptill

Ever since the latest release of OBS Studio (0.15.4) this plugin causes OBS to crash on close. See attached crash log. It doesn't happen if I uninstall the plugin by deleting the SceneSwitcher.dll files.

Edit: Also when the crash occurs, it doesn't properly release the cef-bootstrap.exe resource. This causes a slow memory leak over time that can eventually lead to the PC running extremely slow until you go into Task Manager and manually End Task on that cef-bootstrap.exe process.

I cant seem to find the source of this crash (I cant recreate it on my end). Is anyone else experiencing this issue? If so please send me your settings and crash log file if possible or any additional information you have about this crash. Sorry about this!