Resource icon

Advanced Scene Switcher 1.25.3

GodBlessMiracle

I have the same problem that esevenf had, the update didn't fixed it. Installed everything at the good place, running 64bit version and still not working..

I get this in the log :

05:03:40.908: LoadLibrary failed for '../../obs-plugins/64bit/SceneSwitcher.dll', error: 126
05:03:40.908: Module '../../obs-plugins/64bit/SceneSwitcher.dll' not found

Any ideas?

Genette

If people are actually interested in this plugin, i might add a few more functionalities of the original plugin (support wildcards for example).
Yes, please! The scene-switcher (with wildcards) is literally the only thing holding me back from migrating over to OBS Studio and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Thanks a bunch!

Warmuptill

Warmuptill updated Automatic Scene Switching with a new update entry:

Added a 32bit version, Support for regular expression added

The plugin is now also usable with the 32bit version of obs. To install it just download the updated plugin and merge the "obs-plugins" folder with the one of your OBS installation.

I also added support for the use of regular expressions in the settings file.
So if you would want to switch to a scene named GC, whenever the window that is currently in focus contains "Google Chrome" somewhere in its title you would add the following line to your settings.txt file:

(.*)(Google Chrome)(.*),GC...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Bootscreen

nice, but is it possible to get a scene ignore option? so that when i am on my pause scene your plugin do nothing?

Warmuptill

you could use the hotkey (you can set it in the options menu of OBS: "toggle automatic scene switching") to temporarily disable it when you are on your pause scene. But i have not implemented an option for a scene that will disable the plugin.

drmonocle

I got the plugin working fine, however the example for league of legends does not seem to work for me. I have tried a few things and had no success. Could this be because I am running a borderless window in game?

Warmuptill

The example for League of Legends is just made up. I never played LoL myself, so I just assumed that the LoL window name would be the one named in the example file. If google doesnt lie to me the window name of the game client should be "League of Legends (TM) Client" and the launcher thingy they use is "PVP.net Client". So you could change the lines in the settings.txt file to:

League of Legends (TM) Client,LoLGameScene
PVP.net Client,LoLLauncherScene

if the scenes you want to switch to are named "LoLGameScene" and "LoLLauncherScene".

Alternatively you could use wildcards (if you are sure the LoL game client contains "League of Legends" somewhere in its window name):

.*(League of Legends).*,LoLGameScene

Note that this will switch to the LoLGameScene whenever *any* window contains the "League of Legends" string in its window name, which might be undesirable (Even your browser could trigger the scene switch).

I dont think borderless window mode should make a difference. I tested it with Heroes of the Storm, just to make sure, and it worked.

Last edited:

Warmuptill

Fixed a problem when using regular expressions and backup scene / fullscreen scene at once

I fixed an issue where when using a backup scene or a fullscreen scene the regular expression scenes would be ignored. (If you dont use both at the same time you dont need to update the dll)

I also changed the example settings file to no longer include the non function League of Legends example to avoid confusion.

RobertHall

Hello.

I can't get it to work and I don't understand what I am doing wrong.
Followed the instructions, tried using the exact window name and wildcards but it simply never switches to any window.
Using OBS studio 0.14.2 x64 on Windows 10
Trying to use this specifically for league of legends.

My lines in the settings.txt are the following
Code:
League of Legends (TM) Client,LeagueGame
PVP.net Client,LeagueClient

My scenes are called LeagueGame and LeagueClient

Am I alone on this?

UPDATE: I noticed that in the plugin page the description says I should be greeted by a popup when starting OBS but that never happenes, could OBS be failing to load the plugin?

UPDATE 2: indeeeeeeeed
Code:
18:45:06.267: LoadLibrary failed for '../../obs-plugins/64bit/SceneSwitcher.dll', error: 126
18:45:06.267: Module '../../obs-plugins/64bit/SceneSwitcher.dll' not found

The problem is not solved.

The file is there but OBS fails to... find it?

UPDATE 3: Installing Visual C++ 2015 libraries fixed the problem.

Let's make this work guys, this plugin should be in OBS studio by default!

Last edited:

vapeahoy

Is there any chance of getting a way to write to a file what scene "automatic scene switching" plugin has switched to?
Or rather/even, a way for obs to just dump to file what scene is displayed as it were.
I am just asking because of multiple pc setups, it would be great to hide/show layers, pending on what is on screen from game pc..

DeLico

Want to add a setting to be able to turn off the first window (The following setting were fond for Scene Switcher: )
I hate starting of the OBS is paused.

cwbshaw

Hi....

First of all, I'm a newbie to OBS, so chances are I'm doing something wrong.

Anyway, I started using OBS studio on Windows 10 a few days ago and decided today to try out the automatic scene switcher.

It is installed correctly, the Visual C++ stuff is installed and when I start OBS studio (64 bit) I DO get the message saying which settings were found for the SceneSwitcher plugin. My initial settings.txt file was:

(.*)(VLC)(.*),FSApp
(.*)(Firefox)(.*),DesktopWebcamPIP
Backup Scene Name,WebcamFS

But my scenes never switch. I have looked in the log file and it definitely loads the .dll, but there is no logging information on what window titles it is matching or not matching.

I have tried changing settings.txt....I've removed wildcards and put full window titles, removed the backup scene, but it never switches a scene when VLC or Firefox are selected as the active window.

Is there anyway to get logging information to see what the plugin is seeing as window titles?

A bit lost at this point, I'm open to suggestions.

Thanks in advance.

cwbshaw

Hi....

Never mind....I think I found the problem. It works fine if I disable 'Studio Mode' in OBS. I don't see any mention of this in the overview document, and it wasn't obvious to me, but I just decided to try it and presto.

cwbshaw.

Lun

For all those having not found issue:

Code:
18:45:06.267: LoadLibrary failed for '../../obs-plugins/64bit/SceneSwitcher.dll', error: 126
18:45:06.267: Module '../../obs-plugins/64bit/SceneSwitcher.dll' not found

You are probably using Win10 and by default all DLL's downloaded from elsewhere are blocked by windows with no notifications.

Right click > properties on SceneSwitcher.dll and choose to unblock it.
OR execute
Code:
gci -r "C:\Program Files (x86)\obs-studio\" | Unblock-File
command from Windows PowerShell with administrator privileges.

Sw33tP34

Hello!
Great plugin. Its working well except for one issue. I don't know if it is my config, or obs studio, or the plugin.

When I set a hotkey to toggle ASS (tehe just noticed that) it refused to save. All other hotkeys hold place. When I exit the program and relaunch that hotkey is cleared. I use pause if that is part of the issue.

OBS STUDIO x64
I have the libraries installed and am running as administrator.

Warmuptill

Hi,
just tested the hotkey binding myself. It is not your OBS/config, it is caused by the plugin. I will get around to fixing it tomorrow i think. Thanks for pointing this out!

Warmuptill

Fixed hotkey binding issue, added option to disable the start message

Hotkeys bindings should now be saved and loaded as soon as a new binding has been used at least once (cant currently use obs_hotkey_save in obs_module_unload).

If you want to disable the start up message you can now add the following line to your settings.txt file:

Disable Start Message,Yes

Thanks to Sw33tP34 for pointing out the issue regarding the hotkey binding!