Resource icon

Advanced Scene Switcher 1.26.1

Warmuptill

I extract plugin in OBS studio, but when I launch OBS there is no plugin.
What does your log file say about the scene switcher, if anything at all?

Are you sure you put the .dll in the right folder and are using the corresponding version of OBS? C:/Program Files (x86)/obs-studio/obs-plugins/32bit (could be a different install location for you) should contain a file called SceneSwitcher.dll if you are using the 32bit version of OBS, for example.

Another user reported that windows sometimes blocks downloaded .dll files:
For all those having not found issue:

Code:
18:45:06.267: LoadLibrary failed for '../../obs-plugins/64bit/SceneSwitcher.dll', error: 126
18:45:06.267: Module '../../obs-plugins/64bit/SceneSwitcher.dll' not found

You are probably using Win10 and by default all DLL's downloaded from elsewhere are blocked by windows with no notifications.

Right click > properties on SceneSwitcher.dll and choose to unblock it.
OR execute
Code:
gci -r "C:\Program Files (x86)\obs-studio\" | Unblock-File
command from Windows PowerShell with administrator privileges.

DHarris69

It's still working :) I use 64 bit windows, and I install Visual C++ just for 64 bit version. But OBS shortcut was for 32 bit version, and with this it's doesnt working :D

taddeimania

Hey,

Thanks for all of the work you're putting into this plugin! You're helping *A lot* of people out!

I am encountering a bug on OSX (10.11.5) where the window pattern matching doesn't seem to work correctly for how OSX names it's windows.

For example for my chrome window I can't do:

(.*)Google Chrome(.*),Browser Scene

Because the way OSX names it's windows is
scene_switcher.png

It doesn't seem to notice the "Google Chrome" in the brackets.

I can confirm this is either the issue or it's very close to the cause because I changed my pattern to:

(.*)Automatic Scene(.*),Browser Scene

and it switched just fine to my browser scene ONLY if the "Automatic Scene Switching" plugin thread was the active tab.

Do you suggest any workaround for this?

edit: My workaround for now was to make chrome my default window and try to more accurately match other windows

Thanks again!

Last edited:

Warmuptill

Hey,

Thanks for all of the work you're putting into this plugin! You're helping *A lot* of people out!

I am encountering a bug on OSX (10.11.5) where the window pattern matching doesn't seem to work correctly for how OSX names it's windows.

For example for my chrome window I can't do:

(.*)Google Chrome(.*),Browser Scene

Because the way OSX names it's windows is
scene_switcher.png

It doesn't seem to notice the "Google Chrome" in the brackets.

I can confirm this is either the issue or it's very close to the cause because I changed my pattern to:

(.*)Automatic Scene(.*),Browser Scene

and it switched just fine to my browser scene ONLY if the "Automatic Scene Switching" plugin thread was the active tab.

Do you suggest any workaround for this?

edit: My workaround for now was to make chrome my default window and try to more accurately match other windows

Thanks again!

Yeah sorry that is my bad. I just did not know whether i should use the name of the application in combination with the name of the window or just the window name by itself. I guess it makes much more sense the way it is done in OBS ([app name] window name, like it can be seen in your screenshot). I will probably get around to changing that tomorrow. Thanks for pointing that out!

K3nSter

Hey man great work.Just wondering,if I'm currently in a fullscreen game,it's possible to write a syntax to keep that scene focused while it's opened when I'm ALT+TAB to check something? Thanks in advance !

KatherineOfSky

I've searched this topic, but I haven't found the answer to a question: can you tell the plugin to automatically switch scenes after x number of seconds?

My desire is this: record a still image (jpg in Scene - Intro) for 3 seconds, then automatically switch to the next scene, which is my game window.

Can I set up the plugin to do this?

Thanks!

Warmuptill

I've searched this topic, but I haven't found the answer to a question: can you tell the plugin to automatically switch scenes after x number of seconds?

My desire is this: record a still image (jpg in Scene - Intro) for 3 seconds, then automatically switch to the next scene, which is my game window.

Can I set up the plugin to do this?

Thanks!
If I understand your problem correctly this should be possible with the Scene Round Trip:

Scene Round Trip,Intro,3,GameSceneHere

Whenever you switch to the scene "Intro" (automatically or manually) the scene switcher will wait 3 seconds and then switch to your game window "GameSceneHere". I hope that helps!

Last edited:

KatherineOfSky

If I understand your problem correctly this should be possible with the Scene Round Trip:

Scene Round Trip,Intro,3,GameSceneHere

Whenever you switch to the scene "Intro" (automatically or manually) the scene switcher will wait 3 seconds and then switch to your game window "GameSceneHere". I hope that helps!

Thanks so much for the help! I'll give it a go!

Edit: It works like a charm, I really appreciate your assistance! :-)

Last edited:

Warmuptill

It would be cool if disabling the scene switcher settings source would pause the scene switcher.

Using a source to configure the settings of the scene switcher is just a workaround since it is currently not easily possible to add custom UI elements to OBS using a plugin. You can currently pause the scene switcher using a hotkey, which can be set in the keybinding options of OBS ( it is called "toggle automatic scene switching"). I could add an additional option to pause / start the scene switcher inside the settings source, if you are interested in this.

Warmuptill

Hey man great work.Just wondering,if I'm currently in a fullscreen game,it's possible to write a syntax to keep that scene focused while it's opened when I'm ALT+TAB to check something? Thanks in advance !
You could use the option to ignore certain window names:

Ignore Window Names,Twitch - Google Chrome,TeamSpeak 3

Here the scene switcher would stay on the currently selected scene when you switch to the windows with the name "Twitch - Google Chrome" or "TeamSpeak 3". You would need to add all the window names you would ALT+TAB to and not want the scene switcher to act on.

OBSnewby

Hi, really thanks for the plugin. Im having a problem. I have 3 cams and i need to set different scenes round trips for different scenes I have.
For example>
Scene1: alternating between cam 1 and 2
Scene 2: switching cams 2 y 3
Scene3: switching all of them.

Adding ONE scene switcher option to a scene source to make a round trip between my cams on scene1 works fine.
One problem is that if I add a 2nd scene switcher option to lets say scene2 (to do a different round trip) the old round trip config shows on this new one, and both trips plays for that scene... and If I delete a trip here in scene 2, it stops working on the original scene1... So, I can't have two different scene switcher options for different round trips on my scenes...

Its like if the plugin couldn't differentiate between different switcher options and all of them were the same,

Could anyone help me? really thanks
I'm on mac mavericks 10.9.5 and OBS studio

Last edited:

Warmuptill

Hi, really thanks for the plugin. Im having a problem. I have 3 cams and i need to set different scenes round trips for different scenes I have.
For example>
Scene1: alternating between cam 1 and 2
Scene 2: switching cams 2 y 3
Scene3: switching all of them.

Adding ONE scene switcher option to a scene source to make a round trip between my cams on scene1 works fine.
One problem is that if I add a 2nd scene switcher option to lets say scene2 (to do a different round trip) the old round trip config shows on this new one, and both trips plays for that scene... and If I delete a trip here in scene 2, it stops working on the original scene1... So, I can't have two different scene switcher options for different round trips on my scenes...

Its like if the plugin couldn't differentiate between different switcher options and all of them were the same,

Could anyone help me? really thanks
I'm on mac mavericks 10.9.5 and OBS studio

The scene switcher doesn't differentiate between different scene switcher options sources! It does not care which scene contains the scene switcher options source (or if there is one at all). The scene switcher options source is just a workaround for having a user interface for the scene switcher to change its settings (cant create a custom UI for plugins at the moment in obs studio).

To assist you with your problem. If i understand correctly you want the same scenes to trigger different behavior. This is not possible since the scene switcher doesn't know which scene round trip to choose. You can however just create multiple copies of the same scene with different names and use these to trigger the different scene round trips. (You can just right click the scene you want to create another copy of and choose duplicate). Your scene switcher options source should then contain three lines with different scene round trips, similar to this:

Scene Round Trip,Cam1,4,Cam2,5,Cam1,3
Scene Round Trip,Cam2(2),4,Cam3,5,Cam2(2),3
Scene Round Trip,Cam1(3),4,Cam2,5,Cam3,3,Cam1(3),3

I know it's not pretty, but that should work.

I hope I could help you! Let me know if this works for you or if i misunderstood your problem.

Last edited:

OBSnewby

The scene switcher doesn't differentiate between different scene switcher options sources! It does not care which scene contains the scene switcher options source (or if there is one at all). The scene switcher options source is just a workaround for having a user interface for the scene switcher to change its settings (cant create a custom UI for plugins at the moment in obs studio).

To assist you with your problem. If i understand correctly you want the same scenes to trigger different behavior. This is not possible since the scene switcher doesn't know which scene round trip to choose. You can however just create multiple copies of the same scene with different names and use these to trigger the different scene round trips. (You can just right click the scene you want to create another copy of and choose duplicate). Your scene switcher options source should then contain three lines with different scene round trips, similar to this:

Scene Round Trip,Cam1,4,Cam2,5,Cam1,3
Scene Round Trip,Cam2(2),4,Cam3,5,Cam2(2),3
Scene Round Trip,Cam1(3),4,Cam2,5,Cam3,3

I know it's not pretty, but that should work.

I hope I could help you! Let me know if this works for you or if i misunderstood your problem.

Thanks for your quick answer. I will try your duplicate scene method, but as far as Im seen it, that new scene will reproduce all 3 round trips, isn't it? Is there a way to make it play only the first roundrtrip and not the others, some end function? really thanks!