Supported Bit Versions
32-bit, 64-bit
Source Code URL
https://github.com/univrsal/spectralizer
Minimum OBS Studio Version
Supported Platforms
Windows, Linux
Spectralizer running alongside tuna.
This plugin allows you to create a audio visualization of obs audio sources.

1571337912600.png
Windows
There's now also an installer, which does this automatically and provides an uninstaller if you want to remove the plugin again.
  1. Open your obs-studio installation folder (eg. Right click on the shortcut and click "Open file location")
  2. Navigate two directories up
  3. Drop the contents of the folder "plugin" from the zip archive in the directory you just opened
  4. Merge the files
  5. Spectralizer should now show up as a source option in obs-studio
Linux
There's a .deb installer for debian based distros, as well as an AUR package for Arch based distros. If neither of those apply to you, you can install the prebuilt binaries:
  1. Install fftw over your package manager
  2. Unzip the archive
    $ unzip ~/Downloads/spectralizer.* -d ~/Downloads/spectralizer
  3. Navigate to your obs config
    $ cd ~/.config/obs-studio/
  4. Create a folder for the plugin
    $ mkdir -p plugins/spectralizer
  5. Copy the folders contents of the folder plugin into the new folder
    $ mv ~/Downloads/spectralizer/plugin/* ./
  6. Spectralizer should now show up as a source option in obs-studio
Author
universallp
Downloads
Views
First release
Last update
Rating
4.14 star(s) 37 ratings

More resources from universallp

Latest updates

1. Rounded corners

Added rounded corners. That's it. Nothing else.
  2. Fixed filters

Readded OBS_SOURCE_CUSTOM_DRAW, which is needed for filters to work. Fixed some installation...
  3. Added padding and offset

Added padding and offset to circular visualizer.

Latest reviews

I want to make a plug-in that my 2d character opens and closes his mouth in response to the microphone.
Would it be rude to ask how it was made?
I want to make the 2d character move in response to the microphone.
Can you help me?
universallp
universallp
https://obsproject.com/forum/resources/move-transition.913/ has an audio move filter which is probably closer to what you want
Is there a tutorial how to install to a Mac? I can't seem to make it work. :(
Looks decent, however the rendering code needs adjustments. Almost 6ms are spent rendering 4 256x256 sources, which just isn't okay.

The rendering code of this plugin should undergo a clean rewrite, as there is no reason to render each element individually. Instead the author should build a vertex buffer large enough to fit each bar, and work with that instead. This would save nearly 95% of the time spent rendering, and free it up for actually important things - like the game.
Classic tool , been using it for a while , a flawless tool.
thanks for the most recent update! i thought the filters issues was just me
The best. I have been using for months.
I like the new line option. New problem though: when selecting custom line thickness and then clicking on the input box to adjust the line thickness, obs will immediately hang. If you adjust the line thickness by using the up/down arrow indicators to the left of the input box it doesn't hang and works fine...
I love the app! Works well with different OBS filters like opacity.
Only issue I've noticed is that after a signal source has been quiet for a few moments, the bars come to life again acting like there is a signal present. Is this an intended feature?
universallp
universallp
It's auto adjusting the scale, which you can disable. It's intended to make sure that loud audio gets represented in the same way as quiet audio, but it'll over amplify if you feed it very quiet audio for too long, so either use a noise gate or disable the option
Works as intended! Only problem is that you can't flip the spectralizer. not vertical and not horizontal. and there Ain't much options to customize your spectralizer, would've been cool if there were more options to change your look of the bar to a line or to a Wave. other than that this plugin is great!
universallp
universallp
You can flip any source in obs you can even rotate them, there's no need for a separate option
Love it
Thx, that's good plugin for broadcasts. =)