Waveform

Waveform 1.8.0

ultraTay

this plugin is GORGEOUS I LOVE IT. I finally upgraded from spectralizer and I could not be happier!! thank you for so many options !!!

Mishasama

Is there any way to avoid this crash at startup?
Avoid is enough. Now there was a little chance not crash and work with output bus still.

I know the ME is annoying... And this is not your fault.
But, I need it. Sorry to bother you again. But the crash rate was too high recently.

Attachments

• Crash 2022-05-29 01-59-18.txt
    108.5 KB · Views: 21

Phandasm

Avoid is enough. Now there was a little chance not crash and work with output bus still.

But, I need it. Sorry to bother you again. But the crash rate was too high recently.
The crash is almost certainly due to an ABI difference, the binaries are simply incompatible.
You would need to compile and link waveform against ME code rather than standard OBS.
I tried it and I'm not sure what went wrong but I couldn't get it to build properly.
If I can figure out what the issue is I'll at least post an x64 build but I don't really want to maintain builds for OBS forks.

Phandasm

I got a build working with OBS ME 27.2.4, it's been added to the release page of 1.4.0.
Just grab the one called for_OBS_ME_only.zip

Tormy

My apologize. I confused your plugin with Spectralizer. Sorry for my mistake

Last edited:

seabass9

Hi, I'm testing the Arm64 1.4 version on an M1 Pro MBP on OBS 27.2.0-521 and it's not showing up. Not sure if anyone else has had any luck running this native on Apple Silicon?

Phandasm

Hi, I'm testing the Arm64 1.4 version on an M1 Pro MBP on OBS 27.2.0-521 and it's not showing up. Not sure if anyone else has had any luck running this native on Apple Silicon?
Are you also using a native ARM build of OBS?
You can't mix rosetta emulation with native code and afaik the official mac builds are x64.

Unfortunately I don't have an M1 to test with so I'm kinda just taking shots in the dark here.

Phandasm

Dear, since you plugin works fine, is it possible also to implement the spectrum?
I'm not sure what you mean, there are 3 different ways to display the frequency spectrum.
It defaults to the curve graph but you can switch between them with the "Display Mode" option in the settings panel.

Tormy

I'm not sure what you mean, there are 3 different ways to display the frequency spectrum.
It defaults to the curve graph but you can switch between them with the "Display Mode" option in the settings panel.
you right because I meant something and I wrote something else. My apologize ... the age :-)
The spectrograph is correctly shown, indeed, in several ways. i meant the Waveform as an oscilloscope: X-Axis = time Y-Axis = Amplitude

Phandasm

you right because I meant something and I wrote something else. My apologize ... the age :-)
The spectrograph is correctly shown, indeed, in several ways. i meant the Waveform as an oscilloscope: X-Axis = time Y-Axis = Amplitude
Ah, I did actually consider adding an oscilloscope mode and briefly experimented with it.
I didn't like how it turned out at the time and ended up scrapping it but I wouldn't mind giving it another go one of these days.

Tormy

Ah, I did actually consider adding an oscilloscope mode and briefly experimented with it.
I didn't like how it turned out at the time and ended up scrapping it but I wouldn't mind giving it another go one of these days.
This will be great. I can't wait for the moment it will be available. Thank you :-)

Tormy

Please let me/us know when the new version with the "oscilloscope" is ready. Can't wait to try and use it