Waveform

Waveform 1.8.0

Phandasm

Hi @Phandasm !

First of all, thank you for your amazing plugin. I simply love it! Here is my question for you.

I plan to update my OBS version to the one optimized for Apple M1 CPU, OBS version 28.0 RC2 for now as of this writing (https://github.com/obsproject/obs-studio/releases).

I would like to know if your plugin will continue to be compatible with this new version? I don't want to lose your plugin if it's not ready yet.

Thanks!
Cheers from Quebec, Canada
Steve Sagitta
Support for OBS 28 is on the way, I haven't been able to keep up with Waveform updates as much as I'd like so I apologize for the delay but I should at least have a beta build out before the official release of OBS 28.

stevesagitta

Support for OBS 28 is on the way, I haven't been able to keep up with Waveform updates as much as I'd like so I apologize for the delay but I should at least have a beta build out before the official release of OBS 28.
Thanks a lot for your answer. I'm happy to read that you'll have a beta release. Keep up the good work!

I do use it from microphone input as well. It's already in it.
Hey Tormy,

Sorry, I shoulda clarified, I meant the visualization itself being more thematic to microphone dictation (instead of rhythmic waveforms.. think Siri Dictation pulsating and such). I would love to get a custom dictation visualizer through this plugin, since I've been using non-OBS software to achieve this in the past but wish I could use a native OBS plugin to achieve a similar effect.

Thanks!

Phandasm

Just want to double check, this is for obs 28 support ONLY for M1 Macs, and not for Win. & Linux, correct?
The M1s were the only platform that needed an update, older versions of waveform should still work on Windows and Linux even with OBS 28.
This update does also fix compilation against OBS 28 on all platforms though.

Edit: to be clear, all platforms did receive an update, just OBS 28 compatibility was only affected on M1 macs.

CrippledKenny

The M1s were the only platform that needed an update, older versions of waveform should still work on Windows and Linux even with OBS 28.
This update does also fix compilation against OBS 28 on all platforms though.

Edit: to be clear, all platforms did receive an update, just OBS 28 compatibility was only affected on M1 macs.
Awesome! Thank you very much!

AlainChristian

Sadly this plugin refuses to work with the Apple Silicon/Arm64 version of OBS 28.0.2.

I tried your Beta version.
I tried different folders.
I tried all PKG and ZIP version.
I tried removing the quarantine flag.

Nothing worked. Really unfortunate.

AlainChristian

Disregard. I had a really dumb PEBCAK error. This plugin works perfectly fine out the box on the latest ARM version of OBS 28. I wish I could delete or delete my reply but there it is forever and ever lol.

Sorry about that!

boosbugs

Having some trouble getting it to show up as a source in OBS after unzipping the arm file to the plugins folder. Any tips?

OBS version 28.1.2
macOS 13.0

Phandasm

Having some trouble getting it to show up as a source in OBS after unzipping the arm file to the plugins folder. Any tips?

OBS version 28.1.2
macOS 13.0
Which version of Waveform are you using?
1.5.0 uses a .pkg installer, if you're unzipping it you likely have an older version that's not compatible with obs 28.
Grab the newest version from here and see if that works: https://github.com/phandasm/waveform/releases/latest
Also if you're using the ARM version of the plugin, also make sure you're using an ARM build of OBS and not the x86 version w/ rosetta.

bkrawitz

Hi There :) I am trying to create a video where the visualizer fills the whole screen is all one color and the audio level changes that to a different shade of that color. The noise floor is black and the ceiling is white and everything in between is a gradient. I need to do this because I am using the visual output for data only. Currently, I am only able to do a standard meter, but I was told by a friend who had used it in the past there was a way to get an average, where the result is what I would need, any thoughts?