Waveform

Waveform 1.8.0

Jamfactory

Hello all - big big thanks for this plugin, it looks fantastic!

Sadly I just cannot get it to install on my M1 Mac running the Silicone / ARM version of OBS 29.0.2

I've tried both packages v1.5.0 and the v1.6.0 Beta3 but both take me all the way through the installation and every time it ends with:

The Installation failed.
The installer encountered an error that caused the installation to fail. Contact the software manufacturer for assistance.

Any ideas? I've uninstalled and re-installed OBS but to no avail.

When I install using the above packages, it wont let me install outside of my own 'Home' user, i dont know if that has anything to do with it?

Big thanks in advance for any help!

- Gav

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-02-10 at 10.56.33.png
    Screenshot 2023-02-10 at 10.56.33.png
    99.9 KB · Views: 37
  • Screenshot 2023-02-10 at 10.58.10.png
    Screenshot 2023-02-10 at 10.58.10.png
    112.1 KB · Views: 35

Phandasm

Hello all - big big thanks for this plugin, it looks fantastic!

Sadly I just cannot get it to install on my M1 Mac running the Silicone / ARM version of OBS 29.0.2

I've tried both packages v1.5.0 and the v1.6.0 Beta3 but both take me all the way through the installation and every time it ends with:

The Installation failed.
The installer encountered an error that caused the installation to fail. Contact the software manufacturer for assistance.

Any ideas? I've uninstalled and re-installed OBS but to no avail.

When I install using the above packages, it wont let me install outside of my own 'Home' user, i dont know if that has anything to do with it?

Big thanks in advance for any help!

- Gav
Huh, odd.
Installing to the home folder is intentional, OBS 28 moved the plugin folder there on ARM macs.

Unfortunately I don't own a mac so troubleshooting stuff like that is rather difficult for me.

lucytea

looks and works great, except my waveform gets delayed and out of sync compared to the audio its reacting to, over time.
i have it set to use the output bus, and i use 48khz audio in all places system and obs wide, i dont experience any audio/video desyncs otherwise.
does this plugin need 44.1khz audio instead, as a guess? or is something else causing the desync?

Phandasm

looks and works great, except my waveform gets delayed and out of sync compared to the audio its reacting to, over time.
i have it set to use the output bus, and i use 48khz audio in all places system and obs wide, i dont experience any audio/video desyncs otherwise.
does this plugin need 44.1khz audio instead, as a guess? or is something else causing the desync?
I use 48khz too and have never had it desync.
Does the desync continually get worse or does it stop at a certain point?
Also there's a known sync issue with VLC sources.

Phandasm

Phandasm updated Waveform with a new update entry:

Waveform v1.6.0

• Add option to mirror frequency axis
  • Add option to adjust arc angle in radial mode
  • Add option for minimum bar height
  • Add option to adjust normalized volume target
  • Add "Single" channel mode to allow selection of specific audio channel
  • Fix some potential crashes
  • Fix graph frozen after playback of media file finishes
  • Fix "Hide graph when audio is silent" option for level meters
  • Update Chinese localization (thanks to GodGun968)
  • Improve rendering of curve graph...

Read the rest of this update entry...

lucytea

I use 48khz too and have never had it desync.
Does the desync continually get worse or does it stop at a certain point?
Also there's a known sync issue with VLC sources.
setting it to use just one audio source (an application audio capture source) got rid of the issue. i usually have 3 audio sources active, that, microphone, and a web page output (alerts). no vlc/etc configured, even disabled.

i think it desynced over time, then settled at around 1 second delay

On my mac, i remove the old version of Waveform ...
i downloaded the new ... but it doesn't work !

in the file of plugins, i see only a file waveform.plugin ... what must i do ?

Phandasm

setting it to use just one audio source (an application audio capture source) got rid of the issue. i usually have 3 audio sources active, that, microphone, and a web page output (alerts). no vlc/etc configured, even disabled.

i think it desynced over time, then settled at around 1 second delay
Weird, guess I'll have to do some investigating.

On my mac, i remove the old version of Waveform ...
i downloaded the new ... but it doesn't work !

in the file of plugins, i see only a file waveform.plugin ... what must i do ?
The .plugin file is the "bundle" format that is preferred for OBS 28+ on mac.
I assume you're using an Intel mac and installed the x64 version of waveform?

There's something causing it to not work for some people but as I don't own a mac myself it's difficult to track down.
If anyone can pinpoint the issue I'd be happy to fix it.

The .plugin file is the "bundle" format that is preferred for OBS 28+ on mac.
I assume you're using an Intel mac and installed the x64 version of waveform?

There's something causing it to not work for some people but as I don't own a mac myself it's difficult to track down.
If anyone can pinpoint the issue I'd be happy to fix it.
Ok, and how can i have an old version ?
I look for in the website but i don't found for the moment ..

thanks !

EDIT: i found on https://github.com/phandasm/waveform/releases/tag/v1.5.0 ;-)

Xorcist

FEATURE REQUEST: Is it possible to add an option to "Process If Muted"? Meaning just like the real audio meters which if you mute them, they go gray but still dance - your option is to do the same but no need to turn gray (or maybe make that an option?)

I'm using this to monitor multiple RTSP streams with a VU meter on the image but don't want to hear them all at once so I mute them with the OBS audio mixer - unfortunately that kills your meters which I'd like to still see :)

Phandasm

FEATURE REQUEST: Is it possible to add an option to "Process If Muted"? Meaning just like the real audio meters which if you mute them, they go gray but still dance - your option is to do the same but no need to turn gray (or maybe make that an option?)

I'm using this to monitor multiple RTSP streams with a VU meter on the image but don't want to hear them all at once so I mute them with the OBS audio mixer - unfortunately that kills your meters which I'd like to still see :)
That's actually so trivial I just went ahead and slapped it in right now.
If you're able to build from source you can grab it from github.