Waveform

Waveform 1.8.0

GPMike

Love this plugin. Unfortunately getting regular crashes. Report attached.

Attachments

• Crash 2022-03-31 09-14-55.txt
    150 KB · Views: 25

Mishasama

1648929990859.png

Could you please add support for multichannel? I'm using 7.1.

Phandasm

View attachment 82391
Could you please add support for multichannel? I'm using 7.1.
7.1 should work. I'm honestly pretty surprised to see that since that message is only given if OBS itself cannot seem to determine the audio configuration.
If you're sure everything is configured properly, could you post a complete log file or describe your setup so I can try to reproduce this?

Mishasama

7.1 should work. I'm honestly pretty surprised to see that since that message is only given if OBS itself cannot seem to determine the audio configuration.
If you're sure everything is configured properly, could you post a complete log file or describe your setup so I can try to reproduce this?
Log

Attachments

• 2022-04-03 13-02-53.txt
    9.9 KB · Views: 25

Phandasm

It works! Thank you very much!

Another bug here.
View attachment 82419
The rounded caps looks don't fit the bars.
I believe that might be an aliasing / floating-point rounding issue with the preview
check what it looks like without any scaling applied (select edit->preview scaling->canvas) or make a short recording and see if it's still there in the actual video output

Mishasama

I believe that might be an aliasing / floating-point rounding issue with the preview
check what it looks like without any scaling applied (select edit->preview scaling->canvas) or make a short recording and see if it's still there in the actual video output
1649064130197.png
1649064314172.png
1649064416486.png
1649064509555.png

You are right.
But if we scale it. It will occur this problem.
If using filtering. It will look much worse.

Mishasama

I can't reproduce this, studio mode works fine for me.
Does it work if you choose a specific audio output instead of 'output bus'? is there anything in the log file?
Sorry, I can't reproduce too after restarting OBS.

But another problem here. And confirmed after restarting OBS.
It looks not related to the studio mode.
1649271571283.png

1649270782816.png

After restarting with sources.
1649271912006.png

If I select Output Bus and then restart OBS, it crashes sometimes.
And if it starts successfully, it won't say "Failed to get audio source" but have to wait a long time to start moving the bars.

Attachments

• Crash 2022-04-07 04-09-40.txt
    61.1 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:

Phandasm

Sorry, I can't reproduce too after restarting OBS.

But another problem here. And confirmed after restarting OBS.
It looks not related to the studio mode.
View attachment 82504
View attachment 82502

After restarting with sources.
View attachment 82505

If I select Output Bus and then restart OBS, it crashes sometimes.
And if it starts successfully, it won't say "Failed to get audio source" but have to wait a long time to start moving the bars.
Are you using a fork of OBS?
Mainline OBS source code claims 8 channels is the max, yet yours reports 14.
This is why it gives the "Attempting to support unknown channel config" error as OBS's own APIs cannot tell me the channel mapping of this configuration.
The crash is in the callback for capturing audio from the output bus. There is nothing wrong with the code provided that the callback is actually supplying the correct amount of audio data.
I would guess that your OBS fork does not properly implement audio_output_connect() for whatever configuration you're using.
There is not much I can do about this.

Phandasm

Are you using a fork of OBS?
Mainline OBS source code claims 8 channels is the max, yet yours reports 14.
This is why it gives the "Attempting to support unknown channel config" error as OBS's own APIs cannot tell me the channel mapping of this configuration.
The crash is in the callback for capturing audio from the output bus. There is nothing wrong with the code provided that the callback is actually supplying the correct amount of audio data.
I would guess that your OBS fork does not properly implement audio_output_connect() for whatever configuration you're using.
There is not much I can do about this.
So I went ahead and tested this on OBS Music Edition and can confirm this is a bug in their implementation of audio_output_connect() in 14 channel mode.
Specifically the 'frames' member of the audio_data struct that gets passed to the callback is filled with a (very large) bogus number.
You'll have to file an issue with them.