Inksaar

I am attempting to convert my family's VHS tapes (birthday parties, ball games, etc) to digital. I bought a Diamond capture device YEARS ago to do this. Before I go any further, here is my setup:

Operating System: Windows 10 64x
Capture Device: One-Touch Video Converter VC500 by Diamond Multimedia (The old Red, White, and Yellow to USB)

This capture device has its own software, but it's garbage. Like....you can't even see what the picture is after is done recording and you can't change the quality. So...I decided to try VSDC. This setup works, but again...I couldn't really control the quality. The good quality setting file size was like 1 GB for 1 minute. The capture device and audio showed up and recorded just fine, though.

Enter OBS.

I managed to configure the quality with a decent file size...but no audio. The only way I could get it to even have the video SHOW UP in OBS was to click "custom audio device" and select anything other than the device I needed. Otherwise, the screen was just black. I even tried running as administrator. I am guessing that the audio does not work because I can't select the right audio device (or the video won't show up).

Here is a video:

I really don't want to have to buy a different cable. :(

Does anyone have a solution to this? Kinda like having to go into google and change the hardware acceleration for it to show up in OBS....

Inksaar

Solution:

Under Video Capture Device Settings click on "Configure Crossbar" and make sure "Link Related Streams" is checked. If it is not, check it, but don't close the properties menu yet!

In that Crossbar properties menu move over to Output and select the "Audio Decoder Out" from the dropdown menu and make sure the "Link Related Streams" is checked. Make sure to hit apply. If you open this properties box again, the setting will reset itself and be unchecked so you will have to recheck the setting every time.

EUREKA! Your Diamond VC500 capture device should now work in OBS. Just hit record in OBS and play on your VCR.

Capture.PNG

Capture2.PNG

Inksaar

Update: If that fails, delete the video source, unplug the device from the computer, and then plug it back in and add the video source back. Be sure to check if that Crossbar menu again.

madhuinc

Solution:

Under Video Capture Device Settings click on "Configure Crossbar" and make sure "Link Related Streams" is checked. If it is not, check it, but don't close the properties menu yet!

In that Crossbar properties menu move over to Output and select the "Audio Decoder Out" from the dropdown menu and make sure the "Link Related Streams" is checked. Make sure to hit apply. If you open this properties box again, the setting will reset itself and be unchecked so you will have to recheck the setting every time.

EUREKA! Your Diamond VC500 capture device should now work in OBS. Just hit record in OBS and play on your VCR.

View attachment 71434

View attachment 71435
Registered just to say thank you! After a few hours of messing around with every suggestion possible this one did the trick!

vrm71

Hello, having the exact same issue with "easy capture usb device" trying to digitize some old vhs tapes for family members, video shows and plays fine just no audio, when I change audio output mode from capture only option to anything else, I loose the video.
I do not get any menus when clicking on configure crossbar? I have tested that the vcr is working properly when hooked directly to the TV so I know there is audio output.

any help is appreciated!

vrm71

disregard, I figured it out, I had my mic access off in windows 10 since my desktop doesn't have a camera or microphone!