Small Stutters / Check Settings Correct

rockbottom

Not sure, do you have a NAS to test it?

Yes but if your HDD is an internal disc, it shouldn't have any issues either. Externals generally work too as long as write cache is enabled on the device. Just don't try to record Lossless to rust, as that will more than likely result in encoding lag as the disc isn't fast enough.

AlessaB

both are internal bro.

as i said, my system is all on the ssd i posted and my backup vids (once recorded) i sent to the graveyard that is my hdd.

what is rust?

i record my loseless to my ssd :)

AlessaB

i use WizTree. Official stuff, Microsoft use it

game changer.

all my gear is max 2 months old bro, nothing is damaged :)

rockbottom

This appeared to be a question, had you mentioned that you are already using WizTree, I wouldn't have wasted my time searching for apps.
is there a way to legit see each program size and stuff, the windows 11 storage one is a mug. it doesnt show them all in storage size.

AlessaB

no, i just started using it 5min ago :)

thats why i sent it to you, to also assist you ^^

once i upload my video to youtube from my ssd, can i continue to record on my ssd, as it should only be using the upload internet bandwidth, right?

or it will take power from my cpu

rockbottom

Gotcha, Thx!

That depends on the drive, but you look good to go with the Corsair. It has on-board DRAM so it should remain very robust in all situations.

The MP600 Pro XT leverages DRAM to ensure responsive access to the FTL mapping table. There is 1GB of SK hynix DDR4 DRAM on the 1TB model, and 2GB on the 2TB and 4TB models. Thirty-two 512Gb flash dies reside on our 2TB sample, and all operate at the same 1,200 MTps speed as the Seagate FireCuda 530's flash. Each is a quad-plane replacement gate architecture that uses metal-based control gates along with some other design and production tweaks to increase performance and endurance.

rockbottom

I was helping somebody a while back, recordings would start stuttering after a few minutes. If I remember correctly he had a 13900k/4090 & was using this shitty budget laptop NVMe as his OS drive. I told him to replace the drive with a Pro drive but wasn't grasping the performance void between shit & good. I think his recordings are still stuttering....

AlessaB

Good Morning,

Can i ask a silly question. If i record and transfer my videos to my Porsche Drive (thats the model), and then upload from my mac as to avoid keeping my pc running over night for the upload process, would i get quality loss or anything due to transferring the file over?

AaronD

Good Morning,

Can i ask a silly question. If i record and transfer my videos to my Porsche Drive (thats the model), and then upload from my mac as to avoid keeping my pc running over night for the upload process, would i get quality loss or anything due to transferring the file over?
As long as the bit pattern stays the same, it doesn't matter how much you move it around. The same data produces the same result.

If it somehow gets corrupted in the process, *that* will certainly affect things, but there are error-checking and -correction mechanisms so it pretty much never happens anymore.

It's when you decode the stream into something humanly perceptible, and then re-encode *that* as if it were a new recording, that you lose quality. Just moving the original data around as a "binary blob of *something*", doesn't lose anything.