Small Stutters / Check Settings Correct

AlessaB

hmm, you are correct.

i have tweaked my settings perfectly but the shadows in every recording look artificed. I checked every youtuber, same problem.

must be the youtube compression and encoding compression.

on my screen the darkness is clear, dark and 4k...on youtube, once compressed its patchy.
have not found 1 video that has overcome this.

rockbottom

Lower the CQ Level to 15 & see if that gets the quality to an acceptable level. You can go lower for even higher quality but the files will start to get huge.

rockbottom

As far as the Color Format/Space goes. I've been doing alot of recordings using BGRA/Full. I use Lossless rate control when recording this format. The drawback here, you won't be able to encode 2160p/60 without lag. You have to do 2160p/30 or 1080p/60.

AlessaB

my cq is 14 :)

i just wandered if there was something i should set in the color section or this is perfect? i record at 4k 60fps.

AlessaB

what would u suggest should be the lowest value in theory?

many say to not go lower than 14, is there a reason besides space. i have ample space. i just want as little to none quali8ty loss by the time youtube finished with it

rockbottom

Cool!

Yeah, Lossless files are really large. You'll want to use a "Pro" NVMe's or a "RAID" array when doing anything with them for best performance.

rockbottom

My NAS is great for Lossless recordings. It's Thunderbolt with 4TB of Write Cache, has (2) separate Storage Pools & I'm running the ZFS file system. There's still 4 more bays to populate down the road so it will have a 3rd storage pool sometime in the future.
1705177359108.png

AlessaB

need to re-upload all my youtube vids.... FML XD
Cool!

Yeah, Lossless files are really large. You'll want to use a "Pro" NVMe's or a "RAID" array when doing anything with them for best performance.

Christ almighty you have 100+tb...

ye, it looks amazing on LOSELESS...like a movie, closest to what i see <3 ....its gorgeous

i have
– 2TB, CORSAIR, M.2 NVME PCIE, MP600 PRO XT, 3D TLC, R/W 6800/7100MB/S
2nd Storage Drive - 1TB Seagate Barracuda SATA-III 3.5" HDD, 6GB/s, 7200RPM, 64MB CACHE

rockbottom

That's only 1 NAS, I have a Synology DS-1812+ that's still kicking from 2011 that has been running 24/7 since I put it on-line. 4TB was the largest HD available back then so it's only 23TB.

AlessaB

That's only 1 NAS, I have a Synology DS-1812+ that's still kicking from 2011 that has been running 24/7 since I put it on-line. 4TB was the largest HD available back then so it's only 23TB.
im not an it pro.. so its a network storage?

could u explain bro?

AlessaB

is there a way to legit see each program size and stuff, the windows 11 storage one is a mug. it doesnt show them all in storage size.

AlessaB

so i got only 361 gb used from the 1.8tb

90gb or so is steam, 80 or so is windows. thats 180gb.

ohh and 2 games, which i can easily calculate (23+37) 60gb

so thats 240 gb out of 361

i have other apps but they are asus and stuff and they dont actually show the size hmm

rockbottom

Yep NAS = Network Attached Storage. Normally recording to one is hit or miss & I wouldn't use the Synology to do so but the QNAP was made for exactly this purpose.

I don't write anything to my OS drive. It's a 1TB 980 Pro, over-provisioned 10%, I I keep it with over 600GB free. I write to the other 980 Pro's in my system or the NAS.

Last edited:

AlessaB

can i write to NAS, or i dont have this option?

also, its better for me to write to my ssd than my hdd right?

and concerning my question about storage, windows 11 doesnt fully show ur storage, what would? is there a safe app so i can see each bloody file and where its located?