Scale To Sound

Scale To Sound 1.2.3

NinjaKnights

Hi there, Sorry to bother you. I really enjoy your plugin its a big part of our stream we use it quite creativly with me and my sons Gaming channel. Unfortunatly for some reason the plugin stopped working with Version 28.01 and its drving me crazy:) when we add the filter to any image or animation the source file just dissapears and doesn't react to any sound:( Im hoping I can revert back to version 27, What I find odd is that the plugin worked for awhile with version 28. However my scenes soem how got corrupt and was running my CPU high I dont know what was cauing it so I decided to rebuild me scenes which I tend to do from time to time, however when I tried to implement the plugin using the filter all souce files dissapear:(

iDecided

I know that the tin says "Scale" to sound, but I've been searching for a "Make Transparent" to sound plugin for a long time and would kill if it were as easy as this one.

Qufy

I know that the tin says "Scale" to sound, but I've been searching for a "Make Transparent" to sound plugin for a long time and would kill if it were as easy as this one.
This https://obsproject.com/forum/resources/move-transition.913/ includes an "Audio Move" filter that you apply on audio sources and can make any other source/filter property change based on sound levels. Apply a "Color Correction" filter to the source you want to make transparent and you can achieve what you want

mickymartin1542

OBS (Open Broadcaster Software) is free and open-source software reliable for Windows, Linux, and macOS 10.13+. With countless features like real video/audio capture, mixer, custom transitions, easy-to-use configurations, pre-source filters, VST plug-in support, noise suppression, and a lot more, you can accomplish audio ducking in OBS by adding a sidechain/ducking compression filter. Thus, perform OBS audio ducking in a clean manner by lowering the audio automatically once OBS detects audio on the other audio source.

Does this magic of OBS audio ducking seem new to you? It will not be anymore as the below step-by-step manual will guide you through the process.

Step 1: Add video files

Launch the OBS software on your system, and import the files into the workspace with the "File" menu. If you need to add voiceover from your microphone, you can click the "Start Recording" option under the main interface's control section.

If the video plays on VLC in the background, it will appear on the mixer column.

Step 2: Choose filter and compressor

On the Settings icon next to the streaming video, click on it, and choose the “Filters” option from the drop-down.

You will reach the pop-up of the "Filters for Desktop Audio" whereby clicking on the "+" icon, choose the compressor option.

On the space bar, enter a name for the filter. For example, for ducking music, specify as "ducking," and press "OK."

Step 3: Change the parameters

You can now specify the values of the ratio, threshold, attack, release, output gain, and the ducking source, for example, “Mic” for microphone voiceover addition.

It's complete. Yes, OBS audio ducking is over. Now you can check the video and alter the parameters if required after a preview.See me

BlackPaperWings

I'm having issues with the plugin. I deleted the old file and downloaded the new file. I also followed the installation steps for the new version. However, s2s is not popping up as an option in my OBS. I do have the latest version of OBS (atm is 28.1.2.) and all other plugins I've added work as well. I'm on MacOS. I never had issues when I was using OBS ver. 27. I'm trying to add s2s to an image source.

flashyandy

I have correctly installed the s2s plugin (M1 Mac) but it is not showing up as a choice in OBS. I WAS able to use it before, but then I reinstalled OBS using the Mac Universal installer. I deleted the s2s folder and re-installed. Now I cannot see it. Any help? Log file attached.

Attachments

• 2022-12-14 08-48-27.txt
    92.5 KB · Views: 38

FonixStudios

Could you add the ability to use an equalizer? I want to make the filter only focus on the bass of my music and not move when its any other sound but the bass.

Marugawa

Could you add the ability to use an equalizer? I want to make the filter only focus on the bass of my music and not move when its any other sound but the bass.

This might be a neat idea, but couldn't you duplicate your audio source and apply the equalizer to the copy, and just not include that audio source in any of the audio tracks?

John1313

I love the plugin. I recently installed obs for apple silicon. Do you have plans to release a compatible version?

djjustb

I love the plugin. I recently installed obs for apple silicon. Do you have plans to release a compatible version?
Were you able to install this? On M1 and can't get it to show up in filters or in the loaded modules section of the log.

WhatImSaiyan

Hello!

Really having a ton of fun using this plugin. I was wondering if there's any plans on potentially having the ability to add more than one audio source to the filter?

I understand why the plugin rescales the source (i.e. image or camera source) in order to scale up or scale down when the sound goes off, but I wanted to keep adding more audio sources for multiple choices. The only way I can get around that is by adding multiple scale to sound filters, but that would keep resizing the desired source even more each time.

Already an excellent plugin, but I was wondering if there are any more updates coming/features?

FonixStudios

This is a great plugin, But I would love to be able to set the filter to move at certain frequencies. For Example, only pulsing at low ends, rather than the whole audio level itself.

Hi, I'm having a time installing this plugin. I have an older OBS 29.0.2. and it works, but it doesn't show up in 29.1.2. Not sure what to do as 29.1.2. is the most current. Is this available for 29.1.2.?I'm on a Mac OS Ventura. Thanks.

Hi, Below is the log file scale to sound is not showing anywhere to choose it in OBS. Works on 29.0.2, but not 29.1.2.........However, I did get a message that told me I have two OBS's and I should delete one. This only happens when they are running at the same time...I'm afraid that it won't work with the updated OBS, so I want to keep both. UPDATE: I just uninstalled this application and then reinstalled it then it asked me to give it permission and I gave it permission. It still only works in 29.0.2. Again, I don't want to delete the older version of OBS to find out it's not the problem. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks

Log file:

Last edited:

Qufy

For anybody on macOS, try running OBS with Rosetta. I don't have any macOS devices so I can't help a lot. I'll try to make builds for ARM Macs some time soon but you can always try building from source