Scale To Sound

Scale To Sound 1.2.4

Qufy

I've played around with the plugin for about a week, and it works great.

It would be really nice if it had more effects than just scaling, but I guess the name would have to change then, eh? hehe
More specifically, I wanted to maybe saturate/de-saturate or fade, based on sound. But yeah, it's not exactly within the scope of "Scale to Sound", so don't worry about it.

More on point though, I think it would be great if we could specify a "Maximum Threshold" as well. So that the source could stay at the "Minimum Size" until the "Minimum Threshold" (currently: Audio Threshold) and from the "Maximum Threshold" and up, it would just would stay at the "Maximum Size".
Exeldro's Move Transition plugin includes a filter called "Audio Move" that can change any property on a source reacting to sound, including filter properties.

As for the "Maximum Threshold" that's a good idea that has been suggested before and probably should have been a thing in the first place

Marugawa

TLDR: Your plugin is easier to work with, and I hope you get to improve it further. Thanks!

Yeah, I read through the reviews a little after posting, and spotted a similar recommendation from you in there. So I've aready been playing around with that as well.

To elaborate: I've been trying to set up a simple character animation, for a guy on a call. And I've managed to set it up using a combination of the two plugins. And I'm reasonably happy with the result, but the process was quite messy.

Overall, I think I could probably do without all the bells and whistles of "Audio Move". So if I had to set it up anew in 6 months time or so, I'd probably just go with your plugin.

I did realize another thing while I was playing around with them both during the week: You can't stack the filter. (i.e. Multiple StS filters on the same source) That would have been nice, but I'm guessing it's not that easy to do. Also, I could only just about make "Audio Move" do what I wanted, and it's quite hacky.

What I was trying to do was to have something only visible, between two points of volume. Maybe even re-show it again at a higher volume as well... But I'm feeling myself slipping into a harder and more complicated problem, just to avoid using some kind of vTuber application. So I will be content with what I have, and please feel free to completely disregard my suggestions.

leo_the_lawyer

This plugin is amazing. Very simple but powerful! I recently began using OBS on an M1 Apple Silicon and have had to install the M1 specific plugins. Is there anyone that has an M1 build of this plugin? I would try building it myself but I don't have a clue on where to start.

EnzoCast

There isn't a plugins folder on Mac, I created on and it still didn't work. I tried extracting it into 'plugin_config' and that didn't work either. Ideas on how to get this to work on Mac?

Qufy

There isn't a plugins folder on Mac, I created on and it still didn't work. I tried extracting it into 'plugin_config' and that didn't work either. Ideas on how to get this to work on Mac?
I am not 100% sure but since the plugin is not signed, you need to disable some security measures on your Mac which isn't recommended. Search "Allow applications from unverified developers" or something like that, I don't have a Mac so I can't test anything.

Chucky K

Hey, great plugin Qufy!
If you would like, I have a few useful suggestions, you might like to consider.
Some may have been mentioned before.

• Scale greater than 100% So the image can start at 100 and just get bigger.
  • Option for 'squash and stretch' scaling, this would be super cool
  • Scale from a custom origin point (eg bottom up)
  • Option to rotate to sound (origin point option)
I'm already using image to Sound, as you can see from the flappy lips of these characters, but I think Scale to Sound could bring a few more . animation tricks to ' animate' the stream/ videos.

Thanks again for your awesome innovation.

Qufy

Hey, great plugin Qufy!
If you would like, I have a few useful suggestions, you might like to consider.
Some may have been mentioned before.

• Scale greater than 100% So the image can start at 100 and just get bigger.
  • Option for 'squash and stretch' scaling, this would be super cool
  • Scale from a custom origin point (eg bottom up)
  • Option to rotate to sound (origin point option)
I'm already using image to Sound, as you can see from the flappy lips of these characters, but I think Scale to Sound could bring a few more . animation tricks to ' animate' the stream/ videos.

Thanks again for your awesome innovation.
"Squash and stretch scaling" I assume means changing just the width or just the height, this is already a thing.
Custom origin points were just added.
If you want to change any other property of a source using audio levels, check out Exeldro's Move Transition plugin which includes an Audio Move filter.

KnallWalla

Hello and thanks for the great tool/filter.

I had another idea.

Would it be possible to add a timmer that determines when the object can be minimized again?

I use this filter to display my webcam image when I speak. However, if you make a smallest pause, the image shrinks again. This is where the timer would come into play. For example, you could enter a second before it minimizes again.

With kind regards KnallWalla

Automatically translated from German.

DaveBassWindu

Ok so update. I was able to get it properly installed. Unfortunately when I try to use it, it blacks out my screen and or picture that I want animated. Any advice?