32-bit, 64-bit
Source Code URL
https://github.com/exeldro/obs-move-transition
Minimum OBS Studio Version
Supported Platforms
Windows, Mac OS X, Linux
Download

Plugin for OBS Studio to move sources to a new position during scene transition
If the 2 scenes contain a source with similar name (configured with settings) it will do the move the position and size between the 2 positions.

Manual Installation Windows
(Use the installer for easier installation)
  • Unzip the download in the OBS folder for example:
    C:\Program Files\obs-studio\
    or
    C:\Program Files (x86)\obs-studio
  • Install latest visual c++ redistributable for visual studio 2019
  • Start OBS Studio 64 bit
  • Add a Move transition using the plus icon on the "Scene Transitions" dock.
    1585719970940.png
  • Set the properties of the transition using the cogwheel button on the "Scene Transitions" dock.
Installation Linux
  • Unzip the download
  • Copy to $HOME/.config/obs-studio/plugins
Properties
  • Match if the source name
    The sources must have the same kind of transformation (bounding box type and alignment).
    (This does not work in Studio mode with duplicate sources switched on)
    • contains the other source name
      "Camera" matches "Test Camera 1 [Filtered]"
    • with numbers removed from end matches the other source name
      "Camera 1" matches "Camera (2)"
    • with the last word removed matches the other source name
      "Camera one" matches "Camera two"
  • Matched items
    All items that have matching items in the scene your are coming from and are switching to.
  • Appearing items
    All items that have no matching item and are in to scene you are switching to.
  • Disappearing items
    All items that have no matching item and are in the scene you are coming from.
  • Easing
    • No easing
      Linear movement of the sources.
    • Ease in
      Eases the start of the movement of the sources.
    • Ease out
      Eases the end of the movement of the sources.
    • Ease in and out
      Eases the start and end of the movement of the sources.
  • Easing function
    See easings.net
  • Zoom
    New sources are zooming in on appearing and old sources are zooming out on disappearing, instead of staying the same size.
  • Position
    The position new sources are coming from an old sources are going to.
  • Curve
    The amount of curve for the path between the start and end position.
    • 0.00 is no curve.
    • Positive is curve away from canvas center.
    • Negative is curve towards canvas center.
  • Transition
    The transition used for the item.
    For matching items without a transition, the item switches half way the transition between the item in the scene its coming from and the item in the scene it is going to.
  • Transition scale type
    • Max only
      Scale to aspect ratio, but only to the maximum size of each source
      max only.gif

• Aspect
      Always scale the sources, but keep aspect ratio
      aspect.gif
    • Stretch
      Scale and stretch the sources to the size of the transition
      stretch.gif
Override filter
This filter can be added to a scene or a source to override the move transition for a source of the scene or the source global.

Move Source filter
If you want to move sources without transitioning to an other scene check out this video:

Start trigger options are:
  • None
    not started automatic, use a hotkey or set next move on an other move to start this move
  • Activate
    When the source becomes actively shown in the final mix
  • Deactivate
    When the source becomes not active, so not showing the final mix.
  • Show
    A source is considered showing if it’s being displayed anywhere at all, whether on a display context or on the final output
  • Hide
    When it is not showing anywhere
  • Enable
    When the eye icon in front of filter name is enabled.
Donations
https://www.paypal.me/exeldro
Author
Exeldro
Downloads
Views
First release
Last update
Rating
4.88 star(s) 42 ratings

More resources from Exeldro

Latest updates

1. Version 2.2.1

fix reference crashes at shutdown audio move support int settings
  2. Version 2.2.0

Add Audio Move filter Move enable & disable from start trigger to separate option Fix memory...
  3. Version 2.1.2

fix properties single value

Latest reviews

This is a game changer. The memory leaks and crashes were absolutely killing me but I was enduring it just because of how much I loved this plugin. Jan 2021 it looks like it's fixed, so now I am just tickled pink.
Move Transition has been a Level Up Tool on my streams! Amazong Plug In and easy to use!
Great tool, thank you.
Wow... fantastic.... brilliant....
Awesome plugin and been using for the last week. Problem I have is when I exit OBS and restart, the scenes I have created with move value break and I either have to delete and start over or reset some values and sometimes that fixes. It happens a 100% of times when I exit. Now that I have made some really great scenes with it and want to use it, I am trying to figure out how I can fix this,
Exeldro
Exeldro
I have had multiple reports on move value not initializing correctly, but I have not been able to replicate it myself yet. If you could provide me with steps to replicate it (starting with empty scene collection), it would help me very much.
Until version 1.8.1 it was possible to use the same hotkey in OBS to simply move a source between two positions.

Since I upgraded to version 2.1.0 it is not possible anymore.

Is that a bug?
Exeldro
Exeldro
That should be working. Contact me on this forum or discord to figure this out together.
Love this plugin, but I'm having the same issue Icalder is having. It also crashes my OBS if I try to delete any filters directly below a "move source" filter, so now I'm stuck with filters I don't even use/need.
Exeldro
Exeldro
Please provide me a crashlog or detailed steps to reproduce the bug, because I have not been able to reproduce the bug myself.
OBS will be suck without this plugin! @Exeldro you Rock! \m/
Fantastic Brother <3 Love it!
A very powerful plugin. I have a Zoom.us window capture that I like to reposition and scale according to the layout of the zoom window which changes constantly with each student, it seems. So I have created several move filters for that scene containing the zoom window, and have a single hotkey which cycles between them, however it does seem like my window coordinate settings keep getting lost...

Also, if you want to crash OBS, all you have to do is reorganize the move transition filters using the up or down icons in the list of filters and it will crash... Hopefully this is an easy bug to fix...
Exeldro
Exeldro
I can't seem to replicate the crash you mention. Please provide me an OBS crash log file so I can investigate the crash.