Scale To Sound

Scale To Sound 1.2.4

shibetpc

Sorry to hear that, have you made sure that it is installed correctly? (The download has a folder called "obs-scale-to-sound" in it, extract that in ~/.config/obs-studio/plugins).
If that does not work, could you provide me with some more info?
Specifically
Info about the source you're applying the filter to (like its type (image/color/capture etc), any other filters it has etc)
Info about the audio source you're selecting
(Is it in another scene, what kind is it (like media or global source in the mixer), does it have monitoring? Any filters?)
And a log file would be nice
Thank you!

I'm stupid....sorry. When the zip folder extracted it created the 'bin' and 'data' folders, but the 'obs-plugins' folder was within each of those respectively. I just had to move the contents within the sub-directory 'obs-plugins' up one level. Works brilliantly now...

Thanks for your assistance, and for a great plugin. Cheers and sorry for my stupidity!!

(Also, I'd love for this to have an 'invert' option for both width and height to scale inversely to the audio.)

Qufy

I'm stupid....sorry. When the zip folder extracted it created the 'bin' and 'data' folders, but the 'obs-plugins' folder was within each of those respectively. I just had to move the contents within the sub-directory 'obs-plugins' up one level. Works brilliantly now...

Thanks for your assistance, and for a great plugin. Cheers and sorry for my stupidity!!

(Also, I'd love for this to have an 'invert' option for both width and height to scale inversely to the audio.)
Pre 0.2.2 downloads were messed up (they were also leaking memory, I suggest updating if you haven't), that's my fault so sorry for *my* stupidity :) Inverse scaling is planned

Not working any reason anyone know why?. this didn't work the normal way as other plug in play plug-ins on here...I'm sure it does and I moved it into the .dll folder in obs 64 but it makes the iphone plug in camera disappear when I put it on my video source...is it only for small mb videos or jpegs?

Qufy

Not working any reason anyone know why?. this didn't work the normal way as other plug in play plug-ins on here...I'm sure it does and I moved it into the .dll folder in obs 64 but it makes the iphone plug in camera disappear when I put it on my video source...is it only for small mb videos or jpegs?
There is another folder in the .zip file you need to copy. It's the data\obs-plugins\obs-scale-to-sound folder. Copy that into the data\obs-plugins folder that is in your OBS Studio installation folder.

Phantom_Hugger

I have Windows 10 and Obs 27.1 update. Every thing was working great.... Then I installed the files provided in your
obs-scale-to-sound-0.3.1-windows.zip
and my OBS preview window was black and all my Audio mixer sources were gone.
Thank God, I always do a back-up! So I was able to restore my OBS back to it's original state.
Please check this file, maybe it has gotten mixed up with another zip file or not compatible with 27.1

Phantom_Hugger

This release 0.3.0 is what I was using prior to the update and worked very well even with OBS's 27.1 update.
I'm just using it on a picture (JPG) that plays to my starting soon scene.
That's the only scene it was on. But after installing this version of your plug-in... My 32 scenes ( Which still had all their sources in them) but no Audio mixer sources, everything was empty and as mentioned before, no previews.
I installed it as per your instructions as I did prior. There is no additional filters being with or used on your plug-in.
Audio source is a MP3 file I been using for years.
Other than that, That's it. Like I said I restored my OBS 27.1 and everything is fine.. still works great with your wonderful 0.3.0.
Maybe it's just a fluke? Or something to do with OBS update 27.1?
I don't know... Either way love this awesome plug-in you made. :D

Qufy

This release 0.3.0 is what I was using prior to the update and worked very well even with OBS's 27.1 update.
I'm just using it on a picture (JPG) that plays to my starting soon scene.
That's the only scene it was on. But after installing this version of your plug-in... My 32 scenes ( Which still had all their sources in them) but no Audio mixer sources, everything was empty and as mentioned before, no previews.
I installed it as per your instructions as I did prior. There is no additional filters being with or used on your plug-in.
Audio source is a MP3 file I been using for years.
Other than that, That's it. Like I said I restored my OBS 27.1 and everything is fine.. still works great with your wonderful 0.3.0.
Maybe it's just a fluke? Or something to do with OBS update 27.1?
I don't know... Either way love this awesome plug-in you made. :D
I'm extremely sorry for the inconvenience, 0.3.1 works fine for me on 27.1. My best guess is that some OBS files got overwritten when you extracted the files. Can you tell me what tool you use to extract zip files? Thanks a lot and again I'm really sorry

Phantom_Hugger

I'm extremely sorry for the inconvenience, 0.3.1 works fine for me on 27.1. My best guess is that some OBS files got overwritten when you extracted the files. Can you tell me what tool you use to extract zip files? Thanks a lot and again I'm really sorry
7-Zip and no worries, brother :D
I'm just happy that I'm still able to use 0.3.0 :)

Qufy

7-Zip and no worries, brother :D
I'm just happy that I'm still able to use 0.3.0 :)
  • Make the folder obs-scale-to-sound in data\obs-plugins in your OBS installation folder manually
  • Extract there the file that's in that folder in the zip file (data\obs-plugins\obs-scale-to-sound\default_move.effect).
  • Then, take obs-scale-to-sound.dll and obs-scale-to-sound.pdb (from obs-plugins\64bit and obs-plugins\32bit) and extract them in obs-plugins\64bit and obs-plugins\32bit in the OBS installation folder respectively, if one of those doesn't exist then do it for just the other one
0.3.0 and 0.3.1 change nothing internally, there shouldn't be any damage to OBS at all, I just want to make sure the plugin isn't destroying OBS
It probably isn't though, your 7-zip must have replaced OBS's folders with the ones in the zip. Which is odd because 7-zip merges the folders normally for me. By the way, it's ok if you can't be bothered to go through those steps

Phantom_Hugger

• Make the folder obs-scale-to-sound in data\obs-plugins in your OBS installation folder manually
  • Extract there the file that's in that folder in the zip file (data\obs-plugins\obs-scale-to-sound\default_move.effect).
  • Then, take obs-scale-to-sound.dll and obs-scale-to-sound.pdb (from obs-plugins\64bit and obs-plugins\32bit) and extract them in obs-plugins\64bit and obs-plugins\32bit in the OBS installation folder respectively, if one of those doesn't exist then do it for just the other one
0.3.0 and 0.3.1 change nothing internally, there shouldn't be any damage to OBS at all, I just want to make sure the plugin isn't destroying OBS
It probably isn't though, your 7-zip must have replaced OBS's folders with the ones in the zip. Which is odd because 7-zip merges the folders normally for me. By the way, it's ok if you can't be bothered to go through those steps
Well bad news and good news.... It's OBS's update 27.1 that was glitching out and did what I was saying was happening after I installed your plug-in. I used my backup to restore OBS as I mentioned before, Then OBS wanted to update to 27.1, then OBS.live did it's update last night. Everything was fine till tonight after dinner. I open OBS and the same thing happened. So I closed it down and restarted my computer and opened OBS and it was fine again. So I said the hell with it and updated your plug-in from 0.3.0 to your new one 0.3.1 and it worked with no problem after opening OBS again. So I owe you and apology about your awesome plug-in. I just hope it's just a glitch with OBS... I hope... Sorry again about making you worried that it was your plug-in.
And Thank you for your time and my problem, not yours.

Qufy

Qufy updated Scale To Sound with a new update entry:

Release 1.0.0

If updating from a 0.x.x release, delete the files of the previous version you have installed
On Windows those are
  • (OBS install folder)\obs-plugins\32bit\obs-scale-to-sound.dll/.pdb
  • (OBS install folder)\obs-plugins\64bit\obs-scale-to-sound.dll/.pdb
  • (OBS install folder)\data\obs-plugins\obs-scale-to-sound
For the other platforms just delete the folder obs-scale-to-sound
on macOS...

Read the rest of this update entry...

nk_nikolay

Great filter!

But I also ran into a bug where after the end of the melody, the layer scaling does not return and a black border is obtained. The latest version of the filter (1.0.0) Windows 10 x64 is installed. No other filters connected. Important note. after reinstalling the filter (moved files with replacement), it seems that the bug was not there for a while. Looking forward to a fix!

PS: I seem to have found the likely cause of the problem. I used a filter on the browser source where the music was playing. The filter would crash if, after finishing the music, execute audio.src = ""; If this is not done, the filter works fine.

Qufy

Great filter!

But I also ran into a bug where after the end of the melody, the layer scaling does not return and a black border is obtained. The latest version of the filter (1.0.0) Windows 10 x64 is installed. No other filters connected. Important note. after reinstalling the filter (moved files with replacement), it seems that the bug was not there for a while. Looking forward to a fix!

PS: I seem to have found the likely cause of the problem. I used a filter on the browser source where the music was playing. The filter would crash if, after finishing the music, execute audio.src = ""; If this is not done, the filter works fine.
So you apply the filter on a browser source which is playing audio and when it's done it stops working? And what do you mean by execute audio.src = ""?

nk_nikolay

So you apply the filter on a browser source which is playing audio and when it's done it stops working? And what do you mean by execute audio.src = ""?
I made a small mistake in the code. I added the code audio.src =" "; to the audio.onended event. Then the problem with the filter began to appear. The problem disappeared as soon as I removed this piece of code.

JavaScript:
audio.src = data;
audio.play();

audio.onended = function() {
    /**
    -----
    **/
    audio.src = ""; // <-- mistake
};

Marugawa

I've played around with the plugin for about a week, and it works great.

It would be really nice if it had more effects than just scaling, but I guess the name would have to change then, eh? hehe
More specifically, I wanted to maybe saturate/de-saturate or fade, based on sound. But yeah, it's not exactly within the scope of "Scale to Sound", so don't worry about it.

More on point though, I think it would be great if we could specify a "Maximum Threshold" as well. So that the source could stay at the "Minimum Size" until the "Minimum Threshold" (currently: Audio Threshold) and from the "Maximum Threshold" and up, it would just would stay at the "Maximum Size".