2. 64-bit
Source Code URL
https://github.com/dimtpap/obs-scale-to-sound
Minimum OBS Studio Version
Supported Platforms
  1. Windows
  2. Mac OS X
  3. Linux
If updating from a 0.x.x release, delete the files of the previous version you have installed
On Windows those are
  • (OBS install folder)\obs-plugins\32bit\obs-scale-to-sound.dll/.pdb
  • (OBS install folder)\obs-plugins\64bit\obs-scale-to-sound.dll/.pdb
  • (OBS install folder)\data\obs-plugins\obs-scale-to-sound
For the other platforms just delete the folder obs-scale-to-sound
on macOS: /Library/Application Support/obs-studio/plugins
on Linux: ~/.config/obs-studio/plugins
Download the file for your OS and extract its contents into the OBS installation folder

Windows
Make sure the folders get merged. Be careful to not overwrite the existing folders with the ones in the zip file
Default is C:\Program Files\obs-studio

Linux

Extract in ~/.config/obs-studio/plugins
The plugin is also available in Flathub and as an AUR Package

Demo

About
This plugin adds a filter called "Scale To Sound" which makes a source scale based on the audio levels of any audio source you choose. There are a few properties so you can fine tune how it behaves
plugin-properties.png
Author
Qufy
Downloads
Views
First release
Last update
Rating
4.60 star(s) 20 ratings

More resources from Qufy

Latest updates

1. 1.2.4

Fixed crash on exit (#6)
  2. Release 1.2.3

ARM Mac (M1/M2 etc) support
  3. Release 1.2.2

Improved performance and effect loading failure handling a bit

Latest reviews

Fixed crash on exit (#6)

----------------------------------------------------

In the end, as I found the pugglin so interesting, I didn't care about the error that happened when I closed OBS, I could live with it. This update is what was missing to give 5 points.
Is There a 32 Bit windows version?
Great plugin, but how can I make .ini language files?
Works great!
Contains a trojan horse??? Trojan:Win32/Wacatac.H!ml
Qufy
Qufy
It's a false positive, use the zip instead
Thank you for good plugin. I m using on Windows 10.
So I tried to install on mac os 13.4, plugin not show on OBS effect filter list.Of course i put exacted folder into instructed folder.
How can i fix it? OBS version is 29.1.1
Works as advertised, well made and very useful!
I had the same issue as KlutchPotato, although I am on a MBP M1. The fix I found was that I had Scale To Sound in the wrong plugin folder. I made sure to follow the path that was given in the instructions, not the path that I had originally tried, which was opening the package contents in Finder and accessing the plugin folder that way. You have to access the Library in the GO dropdown in Finder (Press Option when GO dropdown is showing, then Library will appear) Then make sure you are in the MacintoshHD Library to access obs_studio
Thanks for this cool plugin.
I tried this with my midi piano vst to increase a line from 0 to 100% size based on the volume.
I don't know if the way it responds is due to the differences in absolute volume versus the way humans perceive volume, but it seems that the very softest sounds I can produce on my piano result in a line length of 50% or more, and the very loudest are close to 100%. I can reach the 100% with my loudest transients (the initial attack), but can never reach less than 50% with my softest transients. If I hold the note, it will eventually diminish in size down to zero, but not with the initial attack.
It might be interesting to have an option to specify the amount of scale to be applied across the spectrum, such as the way some photo editing software and some midi software allow one to specify a response curve which map input values to output values...
Or maybe an option to respond to transients only... but that might be difficult when many notes are playing at once...
Great filter!

It would be great to add layer rotation!)
Qufy
Qufy
For doing anything other than basic scaling with sound you can check out Exeldro's Move Transition plugin, it includes an Audio Move filter that can change pretty much everything