Replay Source

Replay Source 1.7.0

MinisterGold

Hello. Thanks for making the replay source. I'm having 2 issues. #1 Let's say I countdown from 10 to 0, and do a replay of that, it doesn't show the replay until I'm down to 2 or 3 and then it's still showing the replay after that. I've also tried adding 7000ms of start delay to compensate. That doesn't fix the issue. So, it appears that it's showing the replay too late. #2 No hot keys are working for saving a replay. Please advise or ask questions. Thanks.

MinisterGold

Hello. Thanks for making the replay source. I'm having 2 issues. #1 Let's say I countdown from 10 to 0, and do a replay of that, it doesn't show the replay until I'm down to 2 or 3 and then it's still showing the replay after that. I've also tried adding 7000ms of start delay to compensate. That doesn't fix the issue. So, it appears that it's showing the replay too late. #2 No hot keys are working for saving a replay. Please advise or ask questions. Thanks.

Sorry. For further clarification, it works when I'm ONLY doing the replay. I also have a 5 second alert that plays prior to showing the replay. Sorry for excluding that info

Exeldro

@MinisterGold the start delay is for how many seconds after the hotkey is pressed the replay is captured. As far as I understand it you want to capture it right away, so the delay should be 0 and after 5 seconds you need the (re)start replay hotkey

dile921

@barnie_beadarcher yes that is possible. I use it to broadcast sport events using 4 cameras and I can replay all of them synchronized or separately
Hi Exeldro, I'm about to start broadcasting sport events, and want to make replays of 3 or 4 cameras, similar to what you are doing. Just need to buy adequate laptop/PC.
Can you tell me your computer/laptop specs and if you are using any other hardware gear except a computer? Thanks

dile921

Hi Exeldro, I'm about to start broadcasting sport events, and want to make replays of 3 or 4 cameras, similar to what you are doing. Just need to buy adequate laptop/PC.
Can you tell me your computer/laptop specs and if you are using any other hardware gear except a computer? Thanks
@Exeldro

huwyane

This plugin is amazing, thanks for your work! Do you plan on adding a way to edit the encoder settings? I'm using this while recording gameplay ( NVENC ) and the CPU usage is affecting my performance in the actual game as the CPU usage jumps to about 25% at times (planning on using this plugin while playing competitively). Looking at x264 benchmarks, going from a I7-9700K (my current CPU) to a AMD Ryzen 5950X would more than double the performance of x264 encoding. This CPU is $$$ so wondering if there will be other options for encoding.

pehmonippe

I finally got the wow effect with this plugin. I have my system enhanced with Exeldro's other magnificient stuff (source dock, downstream keyer, transition table and directory watch media) practically to professional broadcast level.

Now I have everything working as expected, replays from multiple cameras and storing. The thing for getting storing working correctly was to change save format to rbg, as someone has already mentioned earlier. NV12 did not work for me, only created those green cast videos. Storing works fine with lossless option, but the downside is the huge file size .avi produces.

With not selecting lossless, I get weird behavior: my 8 second buffer is stored as 11 second video where video plays back at (ridiculously) increased speed for approx. 6 seconds and then I have frozen image for the remaining seconds. (Problem: duration & playback speed.)

I used to have a workaround that I activate (default) recording before playing replays and stopped it after replays had been played. With this approach I could get proper output even with NV12 setting. However, that was not so convenient for running highlites later and not an option, if I had to record entire broadcast.

I can live with lossless savings, but I would highly appreciate more compact storage format for replay videos. Any option to consider i.e. mkv as storage format as flv seems to have issues?

rusty1

As usual, Exeldro has created something amazing that we all need. I have implemented this almost exactly how I want it. But the audio is not working as I had hoped it would. Perhaps I am doing something wrong?

I was especially excited when I saw that this plugin could replay a scene. I have a scene––let's call it "Video Switcher"––that contains a few fullscreen video sources. I have a switchboard that allows me to live switch which video source is playing. This "Video Switcher" scene is also embedded in a few higher-level scenes with various layouts.

The video replay is doing exactly what I want. I have the "Video Switcher" scene targeted as the replay source, so when I hit replay, it perfectly plays back with all the live switching I did at the time. This means whichever source was live when I wanted to trigger a replay will be the one that plays, and it has all my live cuts. Perfect!

Only problem is, I can't seem to assign this "Video Switcher" scene for the 'Audio Replay'. If I leave the audio source blank, it doesn't default to capturing the audio from the scene it's capturing video. I can select any single source that has audio, but I can't select a scene. Perhaps this is because Scenes can't have audio filters?

So, it seems I can have exactly what I want for the video replay, but for audio, I have to choose only one of the sources. I can't capture the audio from the entire scene for the replay?

(Running OBS 27 on a Mac with Big Sur)

rusty1

@pehmonippe Decklink has his own source type and does not use the video capture device source. I have no experience with that and no way of testing it. Is your source active when you load the replay? You can try and remove the async filter and put a non async filter with exactly the same name on it. Capturing the scene instead of the source might also work, it will give you a non async filter on the scene and no audio in the replay.
So, I'm guessing that OBS handles audio differently than video, which is why you can't get audio in the replay when you apply the filter on a scene? I would have loved to be able to do that.

mhunterphoto

This is exactly what I've been looking for! I think I must have the setup wrong somewhere along the line as I can't seem to get it to save any replays. Do I need to start anything to get it to work? I have the "load replay" hotkey set and then switch to replay scene and nothing happens. There doesn't seem to be anything saved in the files either.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

GrumpyDog

... Do I need to start anything to get it to work? I have the "load replay" hotkey set.....

You need to be sure that the setup and everything is correct:

1) Buffer play in background processes
2) Load Replay (Shortcut)
3) Start Replay (Shortcut for 'Normal Speed')

OHB71

Hi Folks,

I have an Issue with the length of the recorded replay mediafile.

When im starting replay, it will show everything as selected in the settings (6,5 ms replay, and returning to the main Scene). But the recorded file is only 2 seconds or sometimes only 1 second. It should be 7 seconds. This will happening only when im using lossless. With compressed it will have the right length.

What iam doing wrong?

Thx in advance!

Greeting Gernoit

KoSD

Hello everyone !

Thanks for this plugin (very efficient and reliable) but am I the only one with audio crackle on the saved file (flv)?
I have this on 2 different computers (and everything is up to date)

tested at 44 and 48kHz for the same result.

PS: Sorry for my English I am French.

GrumpyDog

Hello everyone !

Thanks for this plugin (very efficient and reliable) but am I the only one with audio crackle on the saved file (flv)?
I have this on 2 different computers (and everything is up to date)

tested at 44 and 48kHz for the same result.

PS: Sorry for my English I am French.

Audio crackle could potentially be an artificant that is produced when there is a (audio) driver conflict. This could be produced when two different processes tries to use the audio driver at the same time. Try and trouble shoot it. You could google "resolve audio driver conflict"

This may not be the issue to your problem, but it is a good place to start.

Perhaps send a sample of the crackle?

KoSD

Audio crackle could potentially be an artificant that is produced when there is a (audio) driver conflict. This could be produced when two different processes tries to use the audio driver at the same time. Try and trouble shoot it. You could google "resolve audio driver conflict"

This may not be the issue to your problem, but it is a good place to start.

Perhaps send a sample of the crackle?

Thank you for your answer !

So I am going to test for "audio driver conflict resolution", but the only common element between the 2 computers (not counting OBS) is voicemeeter banana.

For the example, here is a link, I have chosen music on purpose so that we can hear it well.
(But when I play the replay directly in OBS, I have no problem with the sound. This is only when the file is saved.)

GrumpyDog

So I am going to test for "audio driver conflict resolution", but the only common element between the 2 computers (not counting OBS) is voicemeeter banana.

How are you sending Audio between the two computers? Via VBAN?

To me, it sounds 100% like an adio driver conflict. In Voicemeeter, you can easily change between various audio drivers.

For most cases you will have 3 options:

A) WDM (Windows Driver Model)
B) KS (Kernel Streaming)
C) MME (Microsoft Multimedia Environment)

Voicemeeter will have two configuration points for this:

A) Hardware Inputs
B) Hardware Outputs

Ideally you want to use one Audio Type Driver for the Input and a different for the output.

voicemeeter-screenshot-02.png

Try and swap them out and see if it solves your issue.

To assign a specific audio path from windows, also see: C:\Windows\explorer.exe ms-settings:apps-volume
  1. Open the Windows settings using WIN + I.
  2. Go to System > Sound.
  3. Under Advanced Sound options, select App Volume and Device Preferences.
  4. The next screen displays a list of applications with sound settings.

How-to-add-desktop-shortcut-to-App-volume-device-preferences-590x530.jpg

JohnInStockie

This is exactly what I've been looking for! I think I must have the setup wrong somewhere along the line as I can't seem to get it to save any replays. Do I need to start anything to get it to work? I have the "load replay" hotkey set and then switch to replay scene and nothing happens. There doesn't seem to be anything saved in the files either.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

So I have this working in v27, say someone scores, it plays a logo (like a stinger trans) and then goes to the replay in slow mo and zoomed in about 30%, the way I have got it working with v27 is like this...

Scenes
I have a MAINSCENE which is what it says on the tin.
I created an REPLAY scene that has the Replay clip as media and a 'Replay' image overlay, this clip is stretched bigger than the screen so I get a zoom in effect. I also have my normal feed into this just so that I can use the live audio over the top of the replay (as the replay is at 55% the audio is sllloooooowwwww).
I also have a LOGOS scene which basically is a 3.5 s logo that looks like a stinger transition.

Replay Buffer
- Set to 13s, but I only ever see 10s clips (which I later slow to 55% making them about 18s long)
- Recording using mkv 1080p 50fps Rate Control is CQP level 20 (so slow mo works smooth)

Hotkeys
- Instant Replay (Ctrl+Num 0)
- Replay Buffer: Save Replay (Ctrl+Num 0)
- Instant Replay: Play* (Ctrl+Num 0)

What I found at this stage with this is that the clip would first play the first few seconds of the previous clip before playing the one just saved. This is because it is still saving the clip before it plays it!
I timed this, and for me on my system its about 2.8 seconds (2800ms), so I added LOGOS scene as a false stinger type transition, which is about 3.5s long, and use (Ctrl+Num 0) as the scene change to that scene (called 'LOGOS' as it shows my logo video clip.
I then installed 'Advanced Scene Switcher', and added 2 under the Sequence option.

1. When LOGOS scene is active switch to REPLAY scene after 3s using Fade (this overcame the issue of the clip still saving and so only the new clip is played).
2. When REPLAY scene is active switch to MAINSCENE after 12s using Fade (so it slowly fades back onto the main scene. This means the post Goal Graphics I use that display from about 14s on are not shown on the replay.

This sounds more complex than it is, and it works well.

Now I am trying to move all of this into Touch portal, and am aiming to have it that when someone scores, I click Home +1 that a GOAL graphic is displayed, the home score is incremeted, instant replay is saved, replay music clip fades in, my logo clip fades in and plays for 3s (time for the replay to save), the replay plays for about 13s and then fades back to the main scene, the audio fades out. Not there yet lol