LousyBook01

i tried every recording software i could find but every videos output is laggy

i remember using windows 7 and recordings aren't even laggy like 60 fps without even a gpu

i am on windows 11 currently
i have a gpu now

plz help me if anyone knows the solution to this, I've search everywhere

qhobbes

LousyBook01

Log File

koala

As the analyzer told: this hardware is insufficient. It's more than 10 years old and even 10 years ago it was on the low end.

qhobbes

Your log contains no recording session. Results of that log analysis are limited. Please post a link to a clean log file. To make a clean log file, please follow these steps:

1) Restart OBS.
2) Start your recording for at least 30 seconds. Make sure you replicate any issues as best you can, which means having any games/apps open and captured, etc.
3) Stop your recording.
4) Select Help > Log Files > Upload Current Log File. Send that link via this troubleshooting tool or whichever support chat you are using.

Lawrence_SoCal

but most games run smoothly over 80 fps something, even some new ones
That does NOT mean you have spare computing resources to ALSO handle the computationally demanding load of real-time video encoding, with the settings you've chosen. Solving for that resource limitation (if/when possible) frequently also involves optimizing at Operating System level (nothing to do with OBS Studio) to minimize background load

LousyBook01

That does NOT mean you have spare computing resources to ALSO handle the computationally demanding load of real-time video encoding, with the settings you've chosen. Solving for that resource limitation (if/when possible) frequently also involves optimizing at Operating System level (nothing to do with OBS Studio) to minimize background load
Ok Thanks

Lawrence_SoCal

That CPU is ancient, as noted above. Also, you are low on RAM, even if that system is capable of doing GPU encoding offload.
And then there is the consideration of system performance impact if you are on a HDD instead of SSD

When gaming, take a look at the Operating System Performance Monitor (in Task Manager, or Resource Monitor) and take note of CPU and RAM utilization, as well as Disk I/O and average latency.
I'm suspecting your system is already bottlenecked... adding _any_ recording/streaming software would then only make overload situation worse.

With detailed knowledge you _might_ be able to heavy optimize (reduce load) at Operating System level, then cap game performance to leave a buffer to allow resource (CPU, RAM, GPU, etc) for Recording software to work... but even then, as noted above, you have one of the lowest end CPUs when released, and limited RAM... if you enjoy a technical challenge... good luck.
IF you can try/test/get for free some more RAM (assuming system supports more) and a SSD instead of HDD, and you have the time & inclination, could be an interesting exercise [this of course requires you are capable of working inside computer with damaging anything, and know how to setup an Operating System (OS) from scratch, or how to move an OS from one disk drive to another, setting boot flags, etc. But I would NOT spend money (more than 'pocket change') on such an old system

sorry to be the bearer of what I'm sure in disappointing news

qhobbes

Spend a bit of a time, at least 30 seconds, for a recording session. Make sure you replicate this issue as best you can, which means having any games/apps open and captured, etc.When you stop your recording, select Help > Log Files > Upload Current Log File. Send that link here. Still need that to try to help.