rockbottom

Never touched them, no idea.

Here's some info the different v-syncs

rockbottom

"If the game starts lagging and I keep recording for a prolonged time, the recording will also lag."
Not great news here, worried about that SSD being not up to the task of sustained writes while running the OS, Virtual Memory ect.

Is there any room left on the new SSD or did you fill it up already?

rockbottom

Do away with the Ultra Low Latacy Tuning in the encoder settings, change it to HQ. You can switch back after we hopefully get this running correctly.

Aaron Lin

"If the game starts lagging and I keep recording for a prolonged time, the recording will also lag."
Not great news here, worried about that SSD being not up to the task of sustained writes while running the OS, Virtual Memory ect.

Is there any room left on the new SSD or did you fill it up already?
My recordings are being written on the new SSD. Almost half of its space is being used up by footages though.

Aaron Lin

I put on all the settings you showed me, there's some improvement, but only a matter of time before the lag shows up again in my gameplay. Recording itself though also improved, the lag I picked up is less noticable than before. We're getting closer and closer to solving this.

As for ultra low latency though, it's worse if I switch it to high quality.

Ultra low latency logs:

High quality logs:

rockbottom

OK, we'll circle back to the SSD if needed. It's at the end of the line.

Still going through the logs but no rendering lag in either. +

Not sure what to make of this:
With HQ Tuning
03:59:02.649: ┣tick_sources: min=0.001 ms, median=4.984 ms, max=32.338 ms, 99th percentile=7.634 ms

With ULL Tuning
03:44:49.635: ┣tick_sources: min=0.001 ms, median=5.36 ms, max=20.507 ms, 99th percentile=12.834 ms

Aaron Lin

OK, we'll circle back to the SSD if needed. It's at the end of the line.

Still going through the logs but no rendering lag in either. +

Not sure what to make of this:
With HQ Tuning
03:59:02.649: ┣tick_sources: min=0.001 ms, median=4.984 ms, max=32.338 ms, 99th percentile=7.634 ms

With ULL Tuning
03:44:49.635: ┣tick_sources: min=0.001 ms, median=5.36 ms, max=20.507 ms, 99th percentile=12.834 ms
I recorded for a lot less time in my HQ one cause I stopped recording as soon as the lag shows up. My ULL went on a lot longer before that started happening.

rockbottom

Check the bit-rate of the recordings. The HQ recording is probably 2x to 3x the bit-rate of the ULL recording. We're heading back to the SSD now.

What make & model is it?

rockbottom

I probably should have mentioned it, but I only use & recommend "Pro" SSD's for any type of video work. Samsung 990Pro, WD 850X, the new Cosair is nice. All of them have on-board DRAM & are designed to get hammered non-stop.

rockbottom

Try the Intel, I found a picture of it, looks like there's DRAM on it. The Timetec has no DRAM.

DRAM Cache No

Aaron Lin

Try the Intel, I found a picture of it, looks like there's DRAM on it. The Timetec has no DRAM.

DRAM Cache No
Recording directory back to the OS? My OS uses the Intel one.

rockbottom

Yeah, I know but the Timetec is a non-starter, it's not suitable for recording unless you want to record just a few minutes at a time.

Aaron Lin

Recorded into the OS SSD, no difference. Same video length as the one I did for the other SSD. I looked at the tick thingy, they're about the same. For some reason I picked up lag when I haven't even started recording.

rockbottom

That sticks.

Capture some video instead of Roblox for the next test. I want to see if the source lag gets reduced, cause other than that the last log looks really good.