rockbottom

No doubt. Another thing I noticed is the lack of info on your monitor in the log. No model info.

Time for some troubleshooting, disconnect that thing & try the monitor connected to the desktop.

rockbottom

tick sources lag is generally easily fixed by removing the bad source. You only have 1 source & it's being captured from that monitor so I think that is the place to start.

Aaron Lin

My desktop monitor uses vga cords which my laptop doesn't have a port for and I don't have hdmi cords laying around. In the mean time I'm trying to figure out if it was something that's preventing my gpu not being enabled to its full potential.

rockbottom

GPU/new driver seems to be A-OK. There's no rendering or encoding lag. The stats at the bottom of the log look great except for tick sources & your audio kinda sucks too but that's for another time to address. Fixing the source issue is more important.

Aaron Lin

GPU/new driver seems to be A-OK. There's no rendering or encoding lag. The stats at the bottom of the log look great except for tick sources & your audio kinda sucks too but that's for another time to address. Fixing the source issue is more important.
Hmm is there a way I can show my laptop's monitor stats? Also, I don't seem to notice anything wrong the audio, so I guess it's fine.

rockbottom

Nothing comes to mind ATM, but I'm running on fumes at this point. Long day.

I went back to the first log/post when you were running the monitor @ 144 to see if that source lag existed but the log is incomplete. Set it back to 144 & see if the lag stops. Your audio is slow, not the end of the world. Better if it's ready to go when the video is ready so the encoder doesn't have to wait for it. Even a few ms can cause stutter.

rockbottom

The lag is about the same & the audio got a bit slower too. No help there.

Have you checked the monitor cable, connections, make sure it's all tight nothing damaged or lose? How about unplugging it for a reset? Leave it unplugged for 30 seconds. I had to reset one of my Asus monitors a couple of months ago, it locked up in some weird state.

Aaron Lin

The lag is about the same & the audio got a bit slower too. No help there.

Have you checked the monitor cable, connections, make sure it's all tight nothing damaged or lose? How about unplugging it for a reset? Leave it unplugged for 30 seconds. I had to reset one of my Asus monitors a couple of months ago, it locked up in some weird state.
I’m going to upgrade my ram to 16gb and adding in another ssd, do you think that’s a good idea? I’m going to try your monitor thing while at it.

rockbottom

When you get a chance, create a new Profile, add the one Scene/Source & test. Check the Tick Sources stat for timing improvement. It may not make a difference but worth a shot.

Aaron Lin

My monitor seems to be fine, I don't see anything wrong with it. Upgraded the ram to 16gb, added a secondary ssd for the recording files. I did a test record and to my disappointment the results are even worse than before. I made sure everything was installed correctly, updated my Intel graphics as well, and even did a reinstall of Windows 10 with everything removed and reset to factory (not sure if that really made a difference). From there on I removed as much junk as possible, moved most of my stuff to the 2nd ssd, my main ssd has 80% free space as a result.

While I was testing out the performance boost on default settings for my laptop (144hz refresh rate for example), I noticed a pretty good improvement. The same game ran from 70-80 fps to 180-200 fps. I decided to record with the default settings that you recommended me to turn off and uncapped the game's fps. As a result, the gameplay very smooth, but recording laggy. Then I switched everything over to 60 fps and 60hz refresh rate, gameplay laggy, recording smooth. My laptop is a gaming one so it does really well with high fps settings, but when lowered to 60, it performs worse for some reason? I also can't bear the lag on 60hz that I get even without recording, seems like my gaming laptop wasn't made to be on that setting.

For me to get the best results, I put back on the settings that you recommended me. The ram upgrade definitely reduced the lag in my recordings, but I can only record for a few minutes before my gameplay starts lagging. The thing is, I start lagging in the game, but the recording itself shows no lag. If the game starts lagging and I keep recording for a prolonged time, the recording will also lag. So atleast I know when to not record and give my laptop a break. I have no idea what is causing this.

I am satisfied enough with the results honestly, this is as close as I can probably get to my Bandicam recordings before I had to switch over to OBS.

Last edited:

rockbottom

Getting some rendering lag (GPU overload) even @ 60HZ & the source is still lagging. Where you recording Roblox?

01:00:38.626: Output 'adv_file_output': Number of lagged frames due to rendering lag/stalls: 15 (0.5%)

01:00:49.307: ┣tick_sources: min=0.001 ms, median=5.48 ms, max=276.849 ms, 99th percentile=14.021 ms

Aaron Lin

Getting some rendering lag (GPU overload) even @ 60HZ & the source is still lagging. Where you recording Roblox?

01:00:38.626: Output 'adv_file_output': Number of lagged frames due to rendering lag/stalls: 15 (0.5%)

01:00:49.307: ┣tick_sources: min=0.001 ms, median=5.48 ms, max=276.849 ms, 99th percentile=14.021 ms
Yeah

rockbottom

OK, may need to back off on the quality settings.

My Nvidia Control Panel Settings for referrence. For your 3050 set Texture Filter Quality to Performance or HP
1710054742688.png
1710054805892.png
1710054915311.png

rockbottom

V-snyc may need to changed from Fast to On, I'm not sure how Fast will work with Roblox. You'll need to test it. If you do need to change it to On, then Triple Buffering should be enabled.