gpshumway

It's not a lost cause, but it requires adding support for UVC (USB Video Class) cameras into the plugin. Nobody has taken on that project yet. If your camera does not support VISCA, then there isn't anything the release code will be able to do.
Thanks again for your response. Sorry to be away.

The cameras do support VISCA. Also Pelco, RS232 and RS485.

There is no cable connected to the RS232/RS485 port in the back of the camers, though I could with some effort wire it in. Any idea how to tell what protocol is being used to control the cameras from OBS?

I'm not at the location now, but when I get there tomorrow I'll see if the OSD is of any help.

Northdiver

If anyone is interested, I just posted a guide on a DIY StreamDeck and PTZ Camera Joystick along with a link to the remix of the top to be used with the Ultimate StreamDeck base.

gpshumway

I again seem incapable of responding in a timely manner. Apologies.

The OSD of the cameras does indeed report they're using VISCA at 9600 BPS. Over USB, obviously. When I'm back in the building Wednesday we'll see if I have time to switch them to Pelco mode and see if that makes a difference.

To recap - the slider controls within the settings menu of OBS function as expected, I can pan, tilt and zoom the cameras with them. The PTZ Controls plugin does not work. The cameras show up in the PTZ Controls menu with the names I gave them in OBS settings. What might I be missing in PTZ Controls settings? The protocol (VISCA) and data rate (9600) both match between the PTZ controls menu and the camera's OSD.

I'll also try to take a couple logs and report back.

Thanks!

Northdiver

I am interested. Where is the link?
Here is the link. It still hasn't been approved for public display. I am not sure how long that is supposed to take.

Northdiver

I had to change the name of the guide. I also add the steps to do it.

vishy.wfg

I have installed OBS 29.1.1 and created a few scenes. It is working fine. I just downloaded the windows installer of PTZ Controls 0.15.4 and installed it. Tried opening OBS after the install and it will not start. I uninstalled the plugin and it works just fine. I don't see a crash in the roaming\obs... folder. How can I troubleshoot this? What should I look for?

vishy.wfg

I have installed OBS 29.1.1 and created a few scenes. It is working fine. I just downloaded the windows installer of PTZ Controls 0.15.4 and installed it. Tried opening OBS after the install and it will not start. I uninstalled the plugin and it works just fine. I don't see a crash in the roaming\obs... folder. How can I troubleshoot this? What should I look for?
I reinstalled OBS and the plugins. Now, ptz control comes up and work for the VISCA over TCP cameras. I have two HuddleCamHD connected via USB. When I try to configure them for PTZ, clicking the Apply button after setting the UART port, now kills OBS. No error in the log file. No crash dump either. Any clues? Have an event this Saturday and am trying to get this working. Any pointers will help.

guimatheus01

I reinstalled OBS and the plugins. Now, ptz control comes up and work for the VISCA over TCP cameras. I have two HuddleCamHD connected via USB. When I try to configure them for PTZ, clicking the Apply button after setting the UART port, now kills OBS. No error in the log file. No crash dump either. Any clues? Have an event this Saturday and am trying to get this working. Any pointers will help.
Hello everybody! I have the same problem, I use a PTZ via USB, OBS even opens, but the program crashes when I select the camera's usb input in the plugin's configuration window. This already happened to me in beta. I had to go back to the OBS version.

vishy.wfg

Hello everybody! I have the same problem, I use a PTZ via USB, OBS even opens, but the program crashes when I select the camera's usb input in the plugin's configuration window. This already happened to me in beta. I had to go back to the OBS version.
Could you please let me know what version you are using? I have to get ready for a event this Saturday. Thanks

guimatheus01

Could you please let me know what version you are using? I have to get ready for a event this Saturday. Thanks
Well I'm using the previous and stable version, follow the link below:

vishy.wfg

Well I'm using the previous and stable version, follow the link below:
Thank you! This worked. I was trying older versions of PTZ control.

guimatheus01

Thank you! This worked. I was trying older versions of PTZ control.
Excellent! I believe that the owner of the plugin will have to release a correction update for this new version of OBS 29.1.1. Because since the beta version, the PTZ control on the USB was not working correctly, as it crashed when selecting the usb from the ptz.

dqm

I'm adding a traditional 3-axis joystick (not a gamepad) to my OBS workflow. This plugin recognizes my joystick and works well to control pan and tilt. But, I cannot get it to control zoom on the third axis (rotating the handle). I notice that the joystick settings bind the zoom function to the "right joystick" (which my device does not have). Is there any way to change the bindings so that rotating the handle controls the camera zoom?

ECto-Monkey

There are a number of NDI PTZ cameras on Amazon at the moment about 1/2 price and appear to be PTZOptics knock-offs. Whether those items are 'legal' or not, I'm not sure. Certainly appears unethical copying ... but maybe not. However, the primary one I looked at has a gmail support address. These are fly-by-night operations, with (very) poor English translations, and bugs, and not certainty of getting future firmware updates (ex updated NDI versions).... so, as much as I'm sorely tempted for a 2nd NDI PTZ at our non-profit, I'm not sure 1/2 now represents good value.... As for finding used, last year this time there were wait times for the cameras. So, I wouldn't expect much savings on used (but I haven't researched that deeply). Then again, a serial PTZ might well be available for lower price, but then you have to consider the overall price (as you then will need both the serial cable, as well power, and SDI, HDMI, or ?? cabling, and a capture card, etc... why we went NDI).
If buying used, my approach would be to buy form a Tier 1 vendor, where you can get support (and possibly repairs) if need be
If the streaming PC and a single camera are close to each other and no plan to expend to multi-camera, I'd be inclined to a USB PTZ camera for simplicity

I currently have a Tongveo HD PTZ camera and tried connecting it to the plug-in for OBS.

It’s USB, and I can do PoE for it too. Just unsure how I can find it in the lastest PTZ Control update in OBS?

There is no IP because it is all hardwired. Does anyone have some insight in which options they selected when adding the PTZ Camera to the Control?

Hope you/anyone could provide insight in the settings you had chosen to make your USB PTZ work?

vishy.wfg

I currently have a Tongveo HD PTZ camera and tried connecting it to the plug-in for OBS.

It’s USB, and I can do PoE for it too. Just unsure how I can find it in the lastest PTZ Control update in OBS?

There is no IP because it is all hardwired. Does anyone have some insight in which options they selected when adding the PTZ Camera to the Control?

Hope you/anyone could provide insight in the settings you had chosen to make your USB PTZ work?
I used VISCA serial connection and picked the appropriate COM port.

guimatheus01

Guys, is the version and you guys working on the new OBS update? Because when I update my OBS it doesn't even open when this plugin is installed

vishy.wfg

Guys, is the version and you guys working on the new OBS update? Because when I update my OBS it doesn't even open when this plugin is installed
Yes, I had the same issue with 29.1.1

I tried a reinstall with the latest release and it stopped crashing on startup. Now, I can’t configure visca serial.

guimatheus01

Yes, I had the same issue with 29.1.1

I tried a reinstall with the latest release and it stopped crashing on startup. Now, I can’t configure visca serial.
I understand, well in fact the owner of the plugin will have to release an update, because I tried in every way. Neither that the beta version, opened the OBS. All that's left is to wait and notify the author of the plugin!