glikely

glikely updated PTZ Controls with a new update entry:

OBS PTZ Controls v0.14.0

I think it is time to just make another release. Some of the things in here aren't necessarily done. The new control widget is merged, but it still needs a lot of work. Releasing now gives you all the chance to test it out and let me know how it is working for you. However the older button based interface remains so you aren't required to use the new scheme.

Many of the changes in this release are under the hood and not visible to the user. VISCA users in particular should see compatibility...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Northdiver

Possibly a dumb question and it is it sorry. Could QAnalogAxisInput be used as a replacement for QGamePad to bring back the ability to use a joystick or game controller?

glikely

Possibly a dumb question and it is it sorry. Could QAnalogAxisInput be used as a replacement for QGamePad to bring back the ability to use a joystick or game controller?
Possibly, but not out of the box. A joystick binding has not been written and it still needs to be wired up to SDL or DirectX. Not particularly difficult, but requires time.

I do have a patch in my private tree that adds gamepad support on Windows. I should just push it out to mainline. It isn't perfect, but it can be changed after merging.

Northdiver

How about for Linux? Please...
I should add that I am working on a streamdeck with a joystick. The controller will use a Sparkfun Pro Micro that can emulate a keyboard, mouse, and/or joystick, so anyway I could use any of those would be great.
The only other option that I can come up with would be use the position of the joystick to send keyboard command and vary the speed of the keyboard commands by the deflection of the joystick.

Last edited:

glikely

How about for Linux? Please...
I should add that I am working on a streamdeck with a joystick. The controller will use a Sparkfun Pro Micro that can emulate a keyboard, mouse, and/or joystick, so anyway I could use any of those would be great.
The only other option that I can come up with would be use the position of the joystick to send keyboard command and vary the speed of the keyboard commands by the deflection of the joystick.
You'll have to compile it yourself, but give this branch a try:

Quintin.Gieser

Wow! This is becoming more and more awesome! We wire in our new camera this Friday, and will hopefully start using it on Sunday. We have done quite a bit of testing with this plug in, and I feel that it is ready for production use. We have setup a Pan LtoR and RtoL scene, along with a stop scene, and a preset to get it to the one side of the stage - used for panning over the worship band. Works very well...we have 2 cameras, one is just static, w/a. We will cut to that camera, get the Sony in position, cut back to the Sony, and Pan back and forth and stop with just a few clicks.

Thanks so much for all of your work on this!

Quintin for Steinbach EFC.

BenAndo

I'm excited to see the joystick controls getting added! Is it supposed to work with all joysticks, or just joysticks on console controllers?
I have a Thrustmaster 16000M. It can select prest, active current preset and change camera. However nothing else works, such as pan/tilt.

Is there a list of joysticks that this will work with? And is there anyway for me to map the Thrustmaster to work more fully with this plugin?
1676600784472.png

glikely

I'm excited to see the joystick controls getting added! Is it supposed to work with all joysticks, or just joysticks on console controllers?
I have a Thrustmaster 16000M. It can select prest, active current preset and change camera. However nothing else works, such as pan/tilt.

Is there a list of joysticks that this will work with? And is there anyway for me to map the Thrustmaster to work more fully with this plugin?
SDL has a mechanism for remapping joystick inputs, but I wasn't using it. I've now added the joystick databasePlease give the v0.15.1-joytest1 release a try and report back. If it still doesn't work, enable debug logging in the PTZ plugin and see if joystick movements show up in the OBS log.

Send me the log file by filing an issue on GitHub:

glikely

glikely updated PTZ Controls with a new update entry:

OBS PTZ Controls v0.15.2

This is a minor release that tweaks the joystick control behaviour. For joysticks that don't centre themselves correctly, causing camera drift, there is now a slider to change the size of the joystick 'deadzone' so that it can still be used. It also adds a slider to control the speed of joystick movements. All users of v0.15.1 should upgrade.

Read the rest of this update entry...

glikely

For those of you waiting for ONVIF support, I’ve tagged a test release today with basic ONVIF control. It will do pan, tilt and zoom. Please give it a try.

BenAndo

Gave it a try. Now I can control my Reolink E1 Pro security camera at home that I use as a baby cam. Very cool! Mine doesn't support zoom so I couldn't test that, but pan and tilt work.

However diagonal pan/tilt doesn't work, only left, right, up & down. Could be a limitation with my Reolink device though. The direction pad mode barely worked. Recalling presets worked that I saved through Reolink prior. Saving presets doesn't work.

Not sure how many of these functions are supposed to work but happy to file a bug report if you like.
I guess now OBS could be used as surveillance software and coupled with the source record plugin you could get a nice setup going.

glikely

Gave it a try. Now I can control my Reolink E1 Pro security camera at home that I use as a baby cam. Very cool! Mine doesn't support zoom so I couldn't test that, but pan and tilt work.

However diagonal pan/tilt doesn't work, only left, right, up & down. Could be a limitation with my Reolink device though. The direction pad mode barely worked. Recalling presets worked that I saved through Reolink prior. Saving presets doesn't work.

Not sure how many of these functions are supposed to work but happy to file a bug report if you like.
I guess now OBS could be used as surveillance software and coupled with the source record plugin you could get a nice setup going.
Thanks for the feedback. Don’t bother with bug reports just yet. I know about all those issues and only pan/tilt/zoom work at the moment and the code needs more love before I make an official release.

The lack of diagonal moves is probably a limitation of the camera.

Ecclesicam

Thanks for the feedback. Don’t bother with bug reports just yet. I know about all those issues and only pan/tilt/zoom work at the moment and the code needs more love before I make an official release.

The lack of diagonal moves is probably a limitation of the camera.
I've just tried this with a couple of our PTZ's using onvif. It makes adjusting the cameras so much easier, thank you. It was very easy to add the cameras and they worked straight away. Looking forward to seeing the focus adjustment operational as the autofocus on the cameras don't always respond correctly. It also significantly reduces the load on the CPU compared with having multiple camera control windows open, or using Onvif Device Manager. Zoom and diagonal movement both work for both (different) cameras.

A couple of comments: a) the numbering of the presets is offset in the plugin - preset 2 on the camera is preset 3 in the plugin. Not a big deal as I just rename them to correspond to what they show. b) It seems to pick up the scenes just from one scene collection?

Really excited about this plugin. Tempted to try it on a live stream, but I guess its wise to do some more testing first!
Thanks again.

Ecclesicam

ONVIF users, please give the following test release a try: https://github.com/glikely/obs-ptz/releases/tag/v0.16.0-test2
I ran the ONVIF test 1 on a live stream the other day, and it worked fine. I've loaded the 0.16.0-test2 for testing and so far no issues, though I've not pushed it hard yet. The added preset numbers were useful, thank you. I did have to delete and re-add the cameras for things to work. All the scenes showed up when adding a camera. Just wondering why you show the scenes for selection, rather than just the sources?

MMo

I have installed obs-ptz-v0.15.4-windows-x64-Installer and can see when I plug in a controller it is recognised Controller (Xbox One For Windows) but no control of ptz camera (NDI connected Birddog P100) - the normal controls work just not the controller. I've tried another controller Nintendo 360 which is also recognised by the plugin but still doesn't control.

In the obs (OBS-Studio-29.0.2-Full-Installer-x64) log - nothing is registered when the controller is plugged in or used.

Windows 11 device manager doesn't show any errors.

I've tried uninstalling the ptz plugin and rebooting, reinstalling but nothing seems to work - any help would be much appreciated

It's VISCA/UPD controlled.

thanks!

MMo

And, of course, as I wrote this reply it started to work!

The only thing I did different was to mouse around on the new directional pad (which works great by the way) then I just tried the xbox controller and it is working.

Thanks for this plugin it really is good.