glikely

I ran the ONVIF test 1 on a live stream the other day, and it worked fine. I've loaded the 0.16.0-test2 for testing and so far no issues, though I've not pushed it hard yet. The added preset numbers were useful, thank you. I did have to delete and re-add the cameras for things to work. All the scenes showed up when adding a camera.
Glad it is working for you. I don't know why deleting and re-adding the camera was needed. I tried to keep things backwards compatible, but there are a lot of moving pieces in the ONVIF code at the moment. I could easily have changed something needed for compatibility after the -test1 release.
Just wondering why you show the scenes for selection, rather than just the sources?
Partly because I wasn't sure how people would be using it, and partly because it was easier to implement that way. On further thought that probably isn't something that is needed. I'll drop the scenes from the next release.

Lawrence_SoCal

Noticed today that on the Onvif test 2, the preset labels disappear if you exit OBS and need to be retyped. (OBS 20.0.2)
I get not chasing the latest and great (bleeding edge) and I'm holding off on Qt6 based OBS, for the time being,
but v20?
Asking modern free plugin developers to support an ancient OBS version and its different UI code base may be (probably?) asking a bit much.
Out of curiosity, is there a reason you haven't gone to one something like latest in v26 or v27 series?

glikely

Noticed today that on the Onvif test 2, the preset labels disappear if you exit OBS and need to be retyped. (OBS 20.0.2)
Thanks for the report. Presets on ONVUF cameras are still doggy. It tries to save the preset names to the camera, but preset renames aren’t pushed out to the camera until the preset itself is changed. I still need to do some work here.

Ecclesicam

I get not chasing the latest and great (bleeding edge) and I'm holding off on Qt6 based OBS, for the time being,
but v20?
Asking modern free plugin developers to support an ancient OBS version and its different UI code base may be (probably?) asking a bit much.
Out of curiosity, is there a reason you haven't gone to one something like latest in v26 or v27 series?
Aggh! Sorry, mis-typed in a hurry. Its 29.0.2 !

Ecclesicam

Thanks for the report. Presets on ONVUF cameras are still doggy. It tries to save the preset names to the camera, but preset renames aren’t pushed out to the camera until the preset itself is changed. I still need to do some work here.
That's really useful to know; hadn't realised it was pushing up to the camera. I'll have a go putting the labels into the cameras and see how that goes.

sotspodcast

Hi there! Upgraded to 28 recently & had to get the new PTZ plugin. When i use the windows exe file it won't let me choose which drive to install the plugin on. In the past I had installed OBS on a different drive that I don't have hooked up to the computer anymore & it keeps trying to install the plugin there for some reason. Any work around by chance?

sotspodcast

Hi there! Upgraded to 28 recently & had to get the new PTZ plugin. When i use the windows exe file it won't let me choose which drive to install the plugin on. In the past I had installed OBS on a different drive that I don't have hooked up to the computer anymore & it keeps trying to install the plugin there for some reason. Any work around by chance?
I get this pop up. Not sure if anyone can see that attachment....

Attachments

• 1678650754606.png
    1678650754606.png
    668.1 KB · Views: 49

glikely

I get this pop up. Not sure if anyone can see that attachment....
Thanks for the feedback. The current installer tries to determine where OBS was installed automatically, but for some reason it doesn’t detect that v28 was installed to a new location. I’ll try to reproduce.

In the mean time you should be able to download the .zip file and manually copy the files into the OBS-studio plugins directory.

VincenzoOBS

Hi everyone!
I'm trying to use the plugin on a Macbook pro M1 pro.
I have a PTZ camera, the model is tenveo 10x zoom NV10. It does not have LAN inputs and therefore I cannot configure it with the IP address.
I tried wired but couldn't get it to work, I don't know if I did something wrong or it's just not supported this feature.

I bought a cable that converts the signal from RS-485 to USB and connected it to my Mac.
I then tried to configure the connection from the plugin (both VISCA and PELCO) but with no results.
Is there a way to make it work? Has anyone succeeded?

Thanks in advance.

Here are the equipment links:
Tenveo camera —> https://www.amazon.it/gp/product/B093WCM789/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
RS-485 to USB cable —> https://www.amazon.it/gp/product/B09928Y649/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

toplachi

Hi everyone!
I'm trying to use the plugin on a Macbook pro M1 pro.
I have a PTZ camera, the model is tenveo 10x zoom NV10. It does not have LAN inputs and therefore I cannot configure it with the IP address.
I tried wired but couldn't get it to work, I don't know if I did something wrong or it's just not supported this feature.

I bought a cable that converts the signal from RS-485 to USB and connected it to my Mac.
I then tried to configure the connection from the plugin (both VISCA and PELCO) but with no results.
Is there a way to make it work? Has anyone succeeded?

Thanks in advance.

Here are the equipment links:
Tenveo camera —> https://www.amazon.it/gp/product/B093WCM789/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
RS-485 to USB cable —> https://www.amazon.it/gp/product/B09928Y649/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Have you tried testing it on a windows machine just to make sure everything else are working fine? I can no longer recall if I already tried using an USB-RS485 adapter on mac, there might be some security settings that must be turned on, I am not sure.

Using the RS485 connection, you only have to make sure that the polarity on the RS485 are correct, then the braud rate, com port and visca/pelco address are same with the camera settings

VincenzoOBS

Have you tried testing it on a windows machine just to make sure everything else are working fine? I can no longer recall if I already tried using an USB-RS485 adapter on mac, there might be some security settings that must be turned on, I am not sure.

Using the RS485 connection, you only have to make sure that the polarity on the RS485 are correct, then the braud rate, com port and visca/pelco address are same with the camera settings
Thanks for the reply.
No, I haven't tried it with windows, unfortunately I don't have a PC available on which to test.

If by polarity you mean "A" wire into "A" input and "B" wire into "B" input, yes, that's correct. The braud rate is also set to the right value and I changed the protocol address to VISCA and PELCO.

I have a doubt about the correct usb output, these are two outputs:
- cu.usbserial-0001
- tty.usbserial-0001
and I don't know which one to choose.
I tried both but failed.

However, you tell me that this process worked with windows? Because if so I absolutely have to figure out how to do it on mac.
It would be very convenient for me to eliminate the physical remote control.

Thank you

gpshumway

Thanks, glikely for your useful plugin. Unfortunately, I've not been able to use it yet, because I can't seem to get it installed.

I'm running OBS on a Linux Mint 21 installation.

I started with a Flatpak installation (which seems the current preferred installation method). In such a case, the Plugins Guide says you should use Flatpak to install the plugin, but PTZ Controls doesn't seem to be an option in Flatpak. I wasn't able to figure out how to do a manual PTZ Controls install to my Flatpak OBS installation.

Then I switched to the PPA installation of OBS, which works fine. But, after installing the PTZ Controls .deb package, I still don't see it appear under Docks. The video posted on the overview page for the plugin seems a bit out of date for both the install and OBS, so maybe I've done something wrong in the OBS UI. I've also tried a few ad-hoc manual methods of install with no luck.

Any help appreciated.

glikely

Thanks, glikely for your useful plugin. Unfortunately, I've not been able to use it yet, because I can't seem to get it installed.

I'm running OBS on a Linux Mint 21 installation.

I started with a Flatpak installation (which seems the current preferred installation method). In such a case, the Plugins Guide says you should use Flatpak to install the plugin, but PTZ Controls doesn't seem to be an option in Flatpak. I wasn't able to figure out how to do a manual PTZ Controls install to my Flatpak OBS installation.

Then I switched to the PPA installation of OBS, which works fine. But, after installing the PTZ Controls .deb package, I still don't see it appear under Docks. The video posted on the overview page for the plugin seems a bit out of date for both the install and OBS, so maybe I've done something wrong in the OBS UI. I've also tried a few ad-hoc manual methods of install with no luck.

Any help appreciated.
Hi @gpshumway

Unfortunately I've not been able to spend any proper time on Linux packaging. The deb package will work, but only with the version of OBS studio packaged in Ubuntu. You will need to dig into compiling it yourself until I get some time to work on it, or someone else is able to get it working and send me a pull request on GitHub.

T-Halen

Great plugin, use it lots!

Two questions:
1) Can you set more than 16 presets?
2) Is there a list somewhere of compatible joysticks?

Thanks!

gpshumway

Hi @gpshumway

Unfortunately I've not been able to spend any proper time on Linux packaging. The deb package will work, but only with the version of OBS studio packaged in Ubuntu. You will need to dig into compiling it yourself until I get some time to work on it, or someone else is able to get it working and send me a pull request on GitHub.
Thanks for the response, glikely!

That explains my issues. Just to be clear, to get PTZ Controls working on the latest Linux version of OBS, installed via PPA, I have to build the plugin from source?

On another avenue, I did get PTZ Controls installed on my Windows installation (machine is dual-boot), but it doesn't seem to work with my webcams. Digging further into this thread, it appears PTZ Controls is not really intended to work with USB cameras. Others have had some success with cameras that do serial over usb (see post 486)

My cameras respond to the control sliders in the settings menu in OBS, so I had hoped PTZ Controls would work with them. Any tips on settings? Or is it a lost cause?

The cameras are the 10x zoom version from Monoprice:

glikely

Thanks for the response, glikely!

That explains my issues. Just to be clear, to get PTZ Controls working on the latest Linux version of OBS, installed via PPA, I have to build the plugin from source?

On another avenue, I did get PTZ Controls installed on my Windows installation (machine is dual-boot), but it doesn't seem to work with my webcams. Digging further into this thread, it appears PTZ Controls is not really intended to work with USB cameras. Others have had some success with cameras that do serial over usb (see post 486)

My cameras respond to the control sliders in the settings menu in OBS, so I had hoped PTZ Controls would work with them. Any tips on settings? Or is it a lost cause?

The cameras are the 10x zoom version from Monoprice:
It's not a lost cause, but it requires adding support for UVC (USB Video Class) cameras into the plugin. Nobody has taken on that project yet. If your camera does not support VISCA, then there isn't anything the release code will be able to do.