Jeramiah

Then, revert obs to 28.1.1 and ptz control to 12.0. That will work. This is a known issue with usb serial port. This issue has been reported already by many. @glikely, please look into this, as it is impacting a lot of us.
I installed obs 29.0.2 with ptz v 0.12.2. This combination worked successfully, athough, I would prefer to be able update to the latest versions as they become available. Thanks again for your assistance.

vishy.wfg

I installed obs 29.0.2 with ptz v 0.12.2. This combination worked successfully, athough, I would prefer to be able update to the latest versions as they become available. Thanks again for your assistance.
Good to know. The fix is badly needed.

Blutotw

Can you tell us more about your setup? What type of connection and protocol are you using?
Our system consists of 2 Avkans PTZ NDI cameras connected to a POE capable switch. The protocol is Visca over IP UDP. Using port 1259.
I can view the video from both camera by entering their IP address in a browser. I can view the camera in OBS via NDI source. What I can't do is control the cameras via the OBS PTZ plugin. I am using v29.1.2 of OBS.
Thank you

toplachi

OBS Version: 29.1.3 won't boot with PTZ Controls v0.15.4 installed (Windows 11). It boots OK with PTZ plugin uninstalled.
The only combination that currently works is OBS v27.1.3 with PTZ 0.10.4. What can I do to fix, please?
I am trying not to update OBS on our work computer because I am afraid that I might have encounter the same problems here using the latest versions. Out of curiosity I installed it on another machine, OBS v29.1.3 and PTZ plugin v0.15.4 is working fine on me but I am on WINDOWS 10

Screenshot 2023-07-11 161217.jpg

toplachi

Our system consists of 2 Avkans PTZ NDI cameras connected to a POE capable switch. The protocol is Visca over IP UDP. Using port 1259.
I can view the video from both camera by entering their IP address in a browser. I can view the camera in OBS via NDI source. What I can't do is control the cameras via the OBS PTZ plugin. I am using v29.1.2 of OBS.
Thank you
Well, setup configuration should be easy as it only needs the ip address and the visca port that your cameras are using. Videos from the browser only proves that you have the correct ip address. I suggest that you also try this ptz utility that comes from avkans to see if you have the correct configuration. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-kU9CLJjvZhm-VmirlO0Fco3GRZqrW6G/view (I do not own an avkans camera but I can also use it on mine)

You can also try port 52381 on OBS, or what ever number that is on the VISCA port that you can find on the setup page of your camera

There are times that I thought my camera controls are not working, only to realize that the camera was not selected from the PTZ control

Attachments

• 1259 Screenshot 2023-07-11 170944.jpg
    1259 Screenshot 2023-07-11 170944.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 79
  • 1260 Screenshot 2023-07-11 171009.jpg
    1260 Screenshot 2023-07-11 171009.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 78
  • Screenshot 2023-07-11 172753.jpg
    Screenshot 2023-07-11 172753.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 79
Last edited:

Blutotw

Well, setup configuration should be easy as it only needs the ip address and the visca port that your cameras are using. Videos from the browser only proves that you have the correct ip address. I suggest that you also try this ptz utility that comes from avkans to see if you have the correct configuration. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-kU9CLJjvZhm-VmirlO0Fco3GRZqrW6G/view (I do not own an avkans camera but I can also use it on mine)

You can also try port 52381 on OBS, or what ever number that is on the VISCA port that you can find on the setup page of your camera

There are times that I thought my camera controls are not working, only to realize that the camera was not selected from the PTZ control

Thank you. Your suggestions appeared to work, at least on my personal PC. Will make changes to the church's PC the next time I get a chance. Thank you again.

nhwebforge

Hey guys! Great plugin! I use it multiple times a week to control our PTZs over Visca serial. One question... I've been "donated" an ONVIF compatible joystick type PTZ controller. Now our cameras are not IP (serial only). Is there a way that anyone is aware of to control the plugin via ONVIF... i.e. the joystick tells the plugin how to control the cameras via serial?
Thanks in advance
NH

eriklanden

I have a problem with my Xbox controller, Windows 10, and the latest version of OBS. I can control the cameras by clicking the arrows in the plugin, but nothing happens when I use the Xbox controller. I have tried three different controllers: Xbox X, Xbox 360, and a generic one. I have SMTAV PTZ cameras (a PTZ Optics copy), so I also tried using the PTZ Optics controller. The same issue occurs there as well; it works when I click the arrows in the plugin, but there is no response from the controller.

Tried updating the drivers in Device Manager, but Windows says they are up to date. Could it be that the two plugins, PTZ Optics and this one, are somehow interfering with each other?

I have also tried removing the device from device manager and installed it again, also tried other USB ports

Using VISCA TCP
The controller is recognized by the plugin

Happy with any suggestions

toplachi

I have SMTAV PTZ cameras (a PTZ Optics copy), so I also tried using the PTZ Optics controller. The same issue occurs there as well; it works when I click the arrows in the plugin, but there is no response from the controller.

Using VISCA TCP
The controller is recognized by the plugin

Happy with any suggestions
Is this a physical ptzoptics controller or plug-in?

Could you verify that your ptz optics controller and this plugin has the same settings?

If you are using the ptz keyboard controller, then more likely that it has a different settings than your camera, or maybe it is not properly connected to your network.

I'm sorry I haven't used the game controller feature yet so I cannot help you with that.

toplachi

Hey guys! Great plugin! I use it multiple times a week to control our PTZs over Visca serial. One question... I've been "donated" an ONVIF compatible joystick type PTZ controller. Now our cameras are not IP (serial only). Is there a way that anyone is aware of to control the plugin via ONVIF... i.e. the joystick tells the plugin how to control the cameras via serial?
Thanks in advance
NH
If your controller also supports visca over ip then there is an Arduino project that can serve as an UDP server and convert it to serial connection. I haven't found an ONVIF to serial yet

senrabdet

Hi All, I am trying to get this plugin going on a mac. I'm running two Marshall CV630-IP cameras with OBS 29.1.3 on Ventura 13.3.1, ptz control plugin version 0.15.4. I think the plugin installed, am hoping this is a "user configuration error" problem. I'm using OBS as a way to get the cameras to render in Zoom....

1) I've got the cameras to render in OBS (and Zoom) by adding them in as a "Media Source" off of Sources control/menu. I'm using RTSP, and each of them have an "input" in the OBS "source" of rtsp://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:8554/hev. This is the only way so far I've been able to get them to render in Zoom using the virtual camera option in OBS. So far so good except I can't control pan/tilt etc (which I can do via a browser, but then I can't switch cameras...and I'm hoping to avoid having my users hop between multiple interfaces).

2) I installed the plugin, and am hoping I've got a setting wrong. The PTZ control panel is there....I can see the cameras as sources in the PTZ control panel, and have tried adding them as VISCA TCP and UDP devices but not joy (I also have VISCO serial and Pelco D and P but assume those aren't relevant to my use case).

Q is this a port problem? I've tried 1259 as per the plugin setup video, 52381 as the UDP default, and 5678 as the TCP default, and 8554 as the RTSP port that works for the video feed. I've tried to find in the Marshal documentation what ports to use for UPD and TCP, but have not written Marshall support yet.

Would love to get this to work if possible. Thx:)

Guys, how are you?

I am strange at a point in the PTZ Controls, where I installed the v0.15.4 version in my OBS and the speed bar is not appearing in the OBS docks. Other than that, within the settings, there is a speed bar, but it does not comply, leaving the preset delay slower or faster.

Please can you help me?

As far as I know it was supposed to appear like that?
Captura de tela 2023-07-22 025534.jpg

But in the OBS of both my home and the company it is appearing like the image below without the speed bar.
Captura de tela 2023-07-22 025724.jpg

Within the configuration I have the speed bar, but I move it and it does absolutely nothing when I move between presets, that is, it does not change the speed, neither faster nor slower.
Captura de tela 2023-07-22 025931.jpg

Can you help me, why doesn't the volicity bar appear on the docks?

Attachments

• Captura de tela 2023-07-22 025534.jpg
    Captura de tela 2023-07-22 025534.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 15

dqm

The speed slider on the joystick control only applies if you are using a usb joystick; it does not apply to the arrow buttons on the ptz controller dock.

The velocity bar on the dock has been replaced with a "dynamic" speed control. The speed starts out slow and increases the longer you hold down the arrow button. The Camera tab in settings has sliders that allow you to control the max speed. If you prefer the manual slider you need to install a previous version of the plugin (v12, if I'm not mistaken).

I understand, but it is very strange, because the settings that this plugin has are not reaching the speed of the presets. When I click on a saved preset and the camera is directed towards the target, I can't control that speed, that is, I wanted her movement to be slower.

Bruce Enon

I bought a TONGVEO PTZ Camera and have tried without success to find the i.p. address. Camera is running on Windows 11 set up with OBS. I have watched the video here but can't figure out where he verified the i.p. and port. Please help.

whizeazz

Help! I can not connect my camera. I go into the settings and as soon as i add the camera and select the port that my visca is on, OBS crashes and closed..... anyone have any clue what's goin on? I can control it from the standalone PTZOptics, but not the plug in... I am using a Tenveo PTZ camera

whizeazz

Every time i try to add my source and port, it crashes OBS. I'm up to date on OBS, windows, and have the latest version of the plug in.... any ideas? PTZOptics stand alone software works fine...

whizeazz

I bought a TONGVEO PTZ Camera and have tried without success to find the i.p. address. Camera is running on Windows 11 set up with OBS. I have watched the video here but can't figure out where he verified the i.p. and port. Please help.
I was able to get past this part before i got stuck. If you can get a picture, unplug the camera and then plug it in. the ip address comes up at the top of the screen. I struggled with this for a while with the last camera. turns out it wasn't an ip camera. I also think you can find out in device manager

toplachi

Hi All, I am trying to get this plugin going on a mac. I'm running two Marshall CV630-IP cameras with OBS 29.1.3 on Ventura 13.3.1, ptz control plugin version 0.15.4. I think the plugin installed, am hoping this is a "user configuration error" problem. I'm using OBS as a way to get the cameras to render in Zoom....

1) I've got the cameras to render in OBS (and Zoom) by adding them in as a "Media Source" off of Sources control/menu. I'm using RTSP, and each of them have an "input" in the OBS "source" of rtsp://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:8554/hev. This is the only way so far I've been able to get them to render in Zoom using the virtual camera option in OBS. So far so good except I can't control pan/tilt etc (which I can do via a browser, but then I can't switch cameras...and I'm hoping to avoid having my users hop between multiple interfaces).

2) I installed the plugin, and am hoping I've got a setting wrong. The PTZ control panel is there....I can see the cameras as sources in the PTZ control panel, and have tried adding them as VISCA TCP and UDP devices but not joy (I also have VISCO serial and Pelco D and P but assume those aren't relevant to my use case).

Q is this a port problem? I've tried 1259 as per the plugin setup video, 52381 as the UDP default, and 5678 as the TCP default, and 8554 as the RTSP port that works for the video feed. I've tried to find in the Marshal documentation what ports to use for UPD and TCP, but have not written Marshall support yet.

Would love to get this to work if possible. Thx:)
I suggest you check your camera settings through your internet browser. You'll find the current ports it uses from there.

toplachi

I understand, but it is very strange, because the settings that this plugin has are not reaching the speed of the presets. When I click on a saved preset and the camera is directed towards the target, I can't control that speed, that is, I wanted her movement to be slower.
IMHO, speed movement when calling a preset is not yet controlled using this plugin. It is more likely that it will also depend on the camera's firmware