Resource icon

obs-midi-mg 3.0.3

Petter005

Is there any way to make the plugin use only a single midi device? or prevent it from taking control of specific midi devices?

mesihas

I can't control the volume of a source using an slider or a knob. It only allows me to use buttons
UPDATE: I CAN !!

RBTCo

As I said on github, here's the bug: IT DOESN'T WORK in OBS 29.1.3 (64 bit) on Ubuntu Linux 22.04. Using my control surface I can send midi CC to Mixbus and Ardour no problem. Using the same control surface in Windows 10 - the obs-midi-mg plugin for that works fine. On my Ubuntu machine it does nothing but crash.

classy croc

hey folks, new forum member here. I recently installed the latest version of OBS-MIDI for use with OBS 29.1.3 (64 bit)... unfortunately, when I started OBS after the plugin installation (I used the executable installer) I immediately got the message saying that the plugin won't load, and I should uninstall it. Any troubleshooting ideas? Would the plugin possibly be more compatible with OBS 32 bit version? I didn't have any MIDI devices active upon starting OBS.. would that affect anything?

aPenald

This is amazing thank you! Only issue I have is some filters min/max is beyond the scope of the values being assigned by your script and the filter will just bug out, not move, or go off the screen. Could you please consider giving the user the option to manually type a custom min/max value? The current implementation might not be acknowledging floats? I have also noticed some filters that use `-Float32Min` to `+Float32Max` for values, will also not work with this plugin. It will either change the filters value to a really big number, or move the value once and not go down at all Otherwise amazing work, thank you again!

Plugins that have had issues:
https://github.com/Xaymar/obs-StreamFX (3D Transform filter x,y,z values)
https://obsproject.com/forum/resources/recursion-effect.1008/ (x,y values here as well)

fundamental

This is quite a useful pluggin and works amazingly well for me. Thank you for taking the time to produce this for the community; it is deeply appreciated.

One particular feature you have included that I think is fantastic, is the ability to scub through media sources by using the 'Set Track Time' feature. This is an amazing feature that I have not seen anywhere else!!!

I noticed that this appears to set a value at startup by obtaining the length of the current media file. If I advance to the next file in the playlist, that length value from the initial file seems to persists resulting in an inaccurate upper bound on the midi control. I wonder if there is a way to update that value when the selection in the playlist changes.

Is my observation maybe not correct? I guess this could also be a case of user error.

Attachments

• 2023-11-20 11_11_50-OBS Studio 30.0.0 - Profile_ Bigscreen - Scenes_ Bigscreen1.png
    2023-11-20 11_11_50-OBS Studio 30.0.0 - Profile_ Bigscreen - Scenes_ Bigscreen1.png
    47.7 KB · Views: 57

nhielost

nhielost updated obs-midi-mg with a new update entry:

obs-midi-mg v3.0.0 Beta

obs-midi-mg v3.0.0 Beta is now available.​

After many months, this update is finally here! Some of the most significant changes to the plugin are now available in beta. A culmination of many things led to this delay, but it is great to see this day come. Please leave any questions, suggestions, or issues you may have in the OBS forum!

Additions:​

• UI navigation and structure changes!
    • The UI has been revamped to add even more...

Read the rest of this update entry...

azido

Reverted back to 2.3.0. I found out i have to reenable the device, by default it's disconnected on start. Not really obvious when updating from an older version. Anyway, what really made me revert is the fact that the response to my midi knob twisting was horrible on 3.0.0 and very smooth again back on 2.3.0. I move the knob and nothing happens on screen (example tested was changing mic volume) - then, after half a second it jumps straight to the new position. Looks like there is a slight delay between the knobtwist and it's recognition by your plugin now.

I might have an uncommon setup here: 2 Midi devices are directly connected to my gaming pc, controlling obs things on my streaming pc. The connection is made via rtmpMidi, which combines them to one virtual midi device on the streaming pc. This works very smooth on 2.3.0 without any hickups so far, but seems to have trouble with the new beta.

nhielost

Reverted back to 2.3.0. I found out i have to reenable the device, by default it's disconnected on start. Not really obvious when updating from an older version. Anyway, what really made me revert is the fact that the response to my midi knob twisting was horrible on 3.0.0 and very smooth again back on 2.3.0. I move the knob and nothing happens on screen (example tested was changing mic volume) - then, after half a second it jumps straight to the new position. Looks like there is a slight delay between the knobtwist and it's recognition by your plugin now.

I might have an uncommon setup here: 2 Midi devices are directly connected to my gaming pc, controlling obs things on my streaming pc. The connection is made via rtmpMidi, which combines them to one virtual midi device on the streaming pc. This works very smooth on 2.3.0 without any hickups so far, but seems to have trouble with the new beta.

Concerning the interface, I have been having issues with it as well. I finished it back in July, but I have been away from the project these last few months, which has caused me to reevaluate its effectiveness. As such, I have considered it a top priority in the development of the official 3.0.0 version. For others reading this post, go to the Discussions page to voice your opinion.

As for the smoothness of the input, I am unsure of the problem that is causing the hiccups. Could you please file an issue on Github and attach your saved bindings file? We can discuss it there.

azido

Is there a way to have the sources in a group be affected by this plugin?
Late, but hopefully helping answer:

Get rid of grouping. Instead, make a new scene, put in all you want to control/see in any other scene, create your bindings to your needs and finally instead of a group add that scene as a source where you need it.

This has 2 benefits:
1. You can have that content whereever you want it to appear
2. You can control the contents via midi to your likings.

Photochopped

Version 3 is looking good. I'm liking the new interface, but I can't find a way to input a specific value for a filter setting.

For example, a color filter related setting jumped to -180. I was not able to set it back to 0. Ended up just disabling that setting for the filter entirely, but if I had to bring it back down to a reasonable number it would be a pain without a direct entry box.

Also, is there a way to rename a MIDI device to better keep track of which it is? Currently my device is just named "MIDI function."

nhielost

Version 3 is looking good. I'm liking the new interface, but I can't find a way to input a specific value for a filter setting.

For example, a color filter related setting jumped to -180. I was not able to set it back to 0. Ended up just disabling that setting for the filter entirely, but if I had to bring it back down to a reasonable number it would be a pain without a direct entry box.

Also, is there a way to rename a MIDI device to better keep track of which it is? Currently my device is just named "MIDI function."
Did you have the filter setting set to Fixed (the equals sign)? Extreme values like that are usually a result of using the MIDI device across a range, so if you want a specific value, set it to Fixed first. Then, you can use the scroll wheel while hovering over the setting (or just use the tedious arrow buttons) to adjust the value.

As for the renaming of a MIDI device, I'm afraid that is not possible. You could always use a MIDI mapping software to route that MIDI data to another custom-named device if you'd like.

from1975

Few issues.

1. Cannot go back from Bindings screen -> Actions selection to Bindings main screen. In other words,there's no "Cancel" button.

2. I REALLY need "Refresh MIDI devices list" option.

2. Arrow-only range selectors without simple type inputs are really hard to set up quickly, especially if you want to move the range from ie. 1-100 to 0-1023.

3. Range presets.
I don't know, what range is for audio slider and how far T-bar moves.

4. Linear to log formula for volume sliders - or input to output formula editing at all.
The slider in it's higher range move much faster than on the lower part.

5. Names.
Default "Untitled Message/Action/Binding" isn't too useful, when selecting from big list. And naming is tedious. I'd love to see automatic naming option, like on pressing button/moving slider while defining message the software could set the name to ie. "NoteOn 1/48/127", on "Actions" to ie "AudioSource Source_Name/Mute" and on Bindings just concat them. With ability to change names.

Also, I'm trying to set T-bar with slider and it somewhat moves, then stops, acting strange. With all my midi controllers. I will debug it later with MDI-OX.

NorrinRadd22

Late, but hopefully helping answer:

Get rid of grouping. Instead, make a new scene, put in all you want to control/see in any other scene, create your bindings to your needs and finally instead of a group add that scene as a source where you need it.

This has 2 benefits:
1. You can have that content whereever you want it to appear
2. You can control the contents via midi to your likings.
Wasn't aware that source toggler worked for sources in a scene. Well, frick. Easy fix then.

fundamental

The new version works quite well for me. I was hoping that the 'Set Track Time' feature that I mentioned in my Nov 20 post could have been improved a bit to be more dynamic but it will not prevent me from enjoying this excellent pluggin that you have created. Thank you again for this most excellent pluggin; it is unbelievably useful!!!

I'll take a moment to elaborate on my use case if isn't very clear in my original post. I have scenes that contain lists of videos and use the advanced scene switcher to advance through those videos in real time. In addition to that I like to control the the 'Set Track Time' feature with a slider on my midi controller that essentially allows me to 'scrub' through videos on the fly. However, each video has a different time length so it would be useful to have the 'Set Track Time' feature update to the current video length directly after advancing to that next video in my list of videos. Perhaps that is possible?

dj divz

Hi I have a Akai midi controller that I'm trying to setup with the plugin but was wondering if anyone had a video or directions on how to setup

fundamental

I don't think there is a video but the direction are here: https://github.com/nhielost/obs-midi-mg/tree/3.0.0-beta
The green button with 'Code' will drop down a menu for downloading the zip file. After that (assuming Windows system) you can just run the installation program. I think the 'help' page link may be broken but the interface to me seems easy to understand with some experimentation. Does this help at all?