Resource icon

motion-effect 1.2.0

catxfish

I have researched for how to do the opacity transition these days . Unfortunately it's very conflicting and inefficient to affect a particular source image in a scene filter, but I need to keep this plugin as a scene filter because the position and scale information is held by a scene.

I believe there will be more general-use APIs for the source transition in the future , but right now motion-filter is not going to add transition effect to the scene filter. But if anyone has some good idea about how to develop this , I will be glad to hear about it .

Last edited:
I have researched for how to do the opacity transition these days . Unfortunately it's very conflicting and inefficient to affect a particular source image in a scene filter, but I need to keep this plugin as a scene filter because the position and scale information is held by a scene.

I believe there will be more general-use APIs for the source transition in the future , but right now motion-filter is not going to add transition effect to the scene filter. But if anyone has some good idea about how to develop this , I will be glad to hear about it .

Thank you so much for your effort and dedication. I appreciate it very much.
I have found OBS unexpected crashes while using the plugin. Also I found some bugs with "end size" so it gives unexpected size behavior.

Last edited:
Can you give more detail information?

Hello bro,

I have been trying some motions and that is what I find:

Version 1.0.1:
Works great and I had no problems

Version 1.1.2:
I get some OBS crashes ( I could not find a reason or pattern)
When I set width or height I get random behaviour when I play the motion

Again thank you so much for your work.
Best regads.

Last edited:

catxfish

Hello bro,

I have been trying some motions and that is what I find:

Version 1.0.1:
Works great and I had no problems

Version 1.1.2:
I get some OBS crashes ( I could not find a reason or pattern)
When I set width or height I get random behaviour when I play the motion

Again thank you so much for your work.
Best regads.

That's OK , I'll check if there are potential bug . I felt the the behavior of current filter are too complicated , so I am working on making a transition version. The transition will be more easy to use and don't need to enter position parameter anymore . It might be a better solution for the most people .

Anyway , thanks for your reply .

Update: I have found the size bug. It's a typo, will be fixed soon.

Last edited:

snookado

just i need thx

can you somehow ignore the movement when you change the scene, from the blocked sources?

for example to leave a fixed background while the transition is working

catxfish

just i need thx

can you somehow ignore the movement when you change the scene, from the blocked sources?

for example to leave a fixed background while the transition is working

You can duplicate this background source to both scene and make it in the same position and same size , it will make it like be ignored.

note : Duplicate sources means using "add exist source" or "paste source by reference" , the source name will be same in both scene.

Last edited:

snookado

it's not the same background that I use for the two scenes, but it can work by adding twice a scene

One implementation to keep in mind is that you can select the sources you want to move.

Thank you

catxfish

I am not sure if is a good idea to add a source list in transition because my plan is to make transition as simple as possible.
But I'll keep it as an option for the future development , just give me some time to think about this.

Rizotochaud

That's a great plugin for OBS :)

I've encountered a bug with the transition :

When I switch from a scene where the source is fullscreen (using Ctrl + F) to another one where the source is smaller, the trajectory is good but the scaling doesn't apply and the size skips from fullscreen to its other Transform setting.

I think this has to do with bounding box in the Transform window. It looks like the transition doesn't take it into account.

catxfish

That's a great plugin for OBS :)

I've encountered a bug with the transition :

When I switch from a scene where the source is fullscreen (using Ctrl + F) to another one where the source is smaller, the trajectory is good but the scaling doesn't apply and the size skips from fullscreen to its other Transform setting.

I think this has to do with bounding box in the Transform window. It looks like the transition doesn't take it into account.

No, it doesn't count the bounding box variation.
I'll try to fix it next time. Right now the simplest workaround way is don't use bounding box.

Hi again my friend,

I am really enjoying your plugin and it works great again after the last update. Here is my test https://imgur.com/yUpgbk4

However I think it could be even better if you can consider these suggestions:

- There is already a "Motion Path" but if you can include a "Size Path" it would allow us to create a "pulse efect" increasing and decreasing the size of a source.

- Another idea that I would find very usefull is the possibility of delay the start of the motion. So you can just create a single scene where you set a different timing of motions of every source. Thus we can set source A: delay 0s & duration 2s; then source B: delay 2s & duration 1s. In this way, we can create great compositions in only one scene.

As always, thank you so much for your amazing work developing this plugin

Best regards friend.

catxfish

Hi again my friend,

I am really enjoying your plugin and it works great again after the last update. Here is my test https://imgur.com/yUpgbk4
That is really cool :)
However I think it could be even better if you can consider these suggestions:
- There is already a "Motion Path" but if you can include a "Size Path" it would allow us to create a "pulse efect" increasing and decreasing the size of a source.
- Another idea that I would find very usefull is the possibility of delay the start of the motion. So you can just create a single scene where you set a different timing of motions of every source. Thus we can set source A: delay 0s & duration 2s; then source B: delay 2s & duration 1s. In this way, we can create great compositions in only one scene.
As always, thank you so much for your amazing work developing this plugin
Best regards friend.
I recently don't have much time to do some modifications, so the updates may not be soon.
But any advice is welcomed , I'll try to make it better.

WizardCM

Forum Moderator
Community Helper
Hi there, just wanted to say I love this plugin! Originally I only noticed that it worked as a filter and couldn't figure it out, but as a transition it works almost perfectly.

One request - would it be possible to transition the alt-crop on scene items? It's not as obvious in the 300ms range, but once the transition is set to run at 1000ms it becomes super obvious that the crop is instant.

catxfish

Hi there, just wanted to say I love this plugin! Originally I only noticed that it worked as a filter and couldn't figure it out, but as a transition it works almost perfectly.

One request - would it be possible to transition the alt-crop on scene items? It's not as obvious in the 300ms range, but once the transition is set to run at 1000ms it becomes super obvious that the crop is instant.

Thanks, and it's possible to do alt-crop and it should be. But I just pause all my side project development because of personal healthy issue.
I think I will back to do this 2-3 months later .