Resource icon

motion-effect 1.2.0

GeekGarage

Only thing this is missing is exit coordinates. I've set the trigger to scene switch and I'm trying to get my backdrop to roll straight down from outside, this works just fine, but since i can't set an exit point it zooms out when i switch to a new scene. here i would do the same so the backdrop on the new scene drops down from the top and the old backdrop drops down below the bottom of the screen

dungi

If I'm using motion effects on a scene to move a view out and in again, the app crashes if I want to close OBS! And it only crashes on closing, so nothing important, but at the end very frustrating. It only crash If I use this motion effects (via Hotkey). If not the app does not crash (e.g. for Scene Switch Transitions)

BoomSoMuch

Love this addon. My only issue is that it is causing some kind of conflict with the Stream Deck dll. I showed my error logs to Elgato and they confirmed it and said they are working on it from their side, but I thought I should share here too. When both Stream Deck and Motion Effect are installed, I get the attached error in my log. It also makes the OBS UI act sluggish (clicking on scenes sometimes delays several seconds), which sometimes gets worse during the stream. If I uninstall this addon (or Stream Deck), this error goes away and OBS runs perfectly.

If this is still being actively worked on, it would be great if you could look into this. I'm actually disabling Stream Deck because I would rather stream without that, than without Motion Effect. But it would be great to be able to use both.

Motion Effect Error.png

I3ordo

Hi! i am using this extensively as a global transition for some selected scenes. it generally works great but there is always non-linearity in the motion. To fix that, i go to properties of the global transition and even though both A and B have 0 acceleration, i hit "reset defaults" and it becomes linear again. only until the next OBS session.
Normally having a non-linear transition is not a big problem but it makes some parts of my scene show not be to be shown parts so i reset it every session.

wackazong

I would like the motion filter to start already at the beginning of the transition when I use the scene switch trigger, is that not possible? This is what I imagine:

1 Scene switch is triggered to a target scene with motion filter set to scene switch trigger
2 Transition starts
3 At the same time, the animation of the sources starts

At the moment I see the transition happening, then the motion starts. This is not usable for me.

UPDATE:

Ok, there is no hook in the OBS frondend API for "Transition started". Bummer. Is there a way I can trigger the motion from the python API? Then I could make a python script to trigger both the transition and the motion at the same time.

Last edited:

I3ordo

This plugin has a hard-coded/predefined/default acceleration for it s transition and i have to reset it s configuration through its menu each time i launch OBS. Can anyone guide me for fix in the files so that the startup transition does not have any acceleration, just like how it behaves once its preferences reset.

This is a plugin and not a script so i assume its not possible to fix its default behavior?

Anyone got a random crash when using this? When zoom in sometimes the obs freezed and not respond
Yes, the preview stops changing and it makes me force exit OBS. it is getting very frequent nowadays :(

wackazong

I am trying now to change the opacity of one source while doing the transition but I am really not getting anywhere so far. Any pointers on how I can fade out one source over the course of the transition?

I3ordo

update: the freezes were not by this, just dont make to sudden scene changes as it sometimes causes one too but it s generally stable

Too bad it sometimes makes OBS freeze... any chance it can get an update?

Last edited:

GoodboiOBS

Does anyone know if it is possible to create a plugin that fades in from black when starting the recording, and fades out to black when ending the recording?

Bjornens

Im using mac, i would like to do a virtual pan with one of my cams, this plug seems to be perfect for that. is there a way for me to use this plugin or have anybody ported it to mac? is there a similar plug that works on mac? i would be so grateful if u tried to help me!

SpkBrkEng_jp

Quote “Sources” to “Scenes”. Use this to give movement.
It is sad that if you go back and forth between .json in “SceneCollection”, “Scenes” will grow infinitely in other .json.

Tangential

Im using mac, i would like to do a virtual pan with one of my cams, this plug seems to be perfect for that. is there a way for me to use this plugin or have anybody ported it to mac? is there a similar plug that works on mac? i would be so grateful if u tried to help me!
I have used the UpDeck app and it's animation scripting to simulate camera pans and zooms