Undefined symbols for architecture x86_64:
"_obs_frontend_add_event_callback", referenced from:
_register_trigger_event in motion-filter.c.o
"_obs_frontend_get_current_scene", referenced from:
_scene_change in motion-filter.c.o
"_obs_frontend_remove_event_callback", referenced from:
_unregister_trigger_event in motion-filter.c.o
ld: symbol(s) not found for architecture x86_64
clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)
make[2]: *** [src/motion-filter/libmotion-filter.so] Error 1
make[1]: *** [src/motion-filter/CMakeFiles/motion-filter.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2

Has anyone built for macos and succeeded?
how did it go? did you managed to port it to MAC?

Vandylizer

I'm pretty sure I installed Motion-Effect correctly, and yet it's not showing up in my transitions drop-down list (or in filters).

Here's my log file: https://obsproject.com/logs/vZbu_RHqTOjT-LG2

I am running the latest version of OBS (25.0) and I have tried installing the latest version of Motion Effect 1.2.0 for Windows.
When I drop the "data" and "obs plugins" folders into the main installation directory for OBS (C:/Programs Files/OBS-Studio) it adds the appropriate .dll files for Motion Filters and Motion Transitions in the plugins folders (and the .ini files in the "data" folder).

What am I missing here? Why isn't Motion Effect showing up in my dropdown list? Did I do something wrong in my install?

ShadowHax

So since this is no longer working in the latest version of OBS, I'm just wondering if this is still being worked on.
This is a fantastic feature, and I would really hate to lose it.

RaidenCham

Can you please add the function in the next update to where you can select which scene you are switching from for it to do the motion? an example: I want to be able to go from my camera full screen to my game screen with a smaller camera, so I wan't the filter on the game screen scene so it will shrink the camera. The problem though is that if I switch from any scene the camera will shrink anyways, so that's why I think you should add the option to select which scenes activate it.

AGW

Hey guys, great plugin.

I'm having a really hard time getting the properties to show up inside of my Filter window. I tried reinstalling the files, but the only part that works is the Scene Transition no matter what I do.

1590003670037.png

Any thoughts on how to fix this problem?

Bank47

I must be missing something, because I can't make this plugin to work in studio mode. It works fine in preview but not in Programe window, any help is appreciated. thank you

sjdacruz

Question: is the arbitrary duration bound to 5.0 seconds maximum? Am I able to upCap it in the source code?

Meierhans

Hi, thank you alot for this great plugin. Without it OBS would be plain boring. Sadly I run into problems (=crash) when I try to remove the Move Value from Sources. Is there any fix or workaround?

Hello, I feel like an idiot here guys. I have tried to install this plugin and it just won't show up in obs. I have installed other plugins before with now issues. Not sure why I can't get this one to work.

Very nice plugin! Suggestion: Would be very cool to have the trigger be a timer. Start at time from scene entry, with optional round trip after so many seconds (or ms)... repeat. Automating the animation.

FirstAirbender

I just started using the plugin but it's causing my OBS to crash everything I transition. Looking at the computer load, there isn't too much load on either the cpu nor the gpu but it's not giving any error or anything. OBS just crashes everytime, switching back to a normal transition like fade or even custom stinger transition OBS works fine. Any idea?

KoopaDudeGaming

So, I'm new here. I love this addon...but was wondering if it can do something for me. I want to animate the FLIP of my camera. Like spin it 180degrees so it's essentially backward...and have that animated. Is this possible? Or with any source for that matter.

ThePerfectName

Hey guys, great plugin.

I'm having a really hard time getting the properties to show up inside of my Filter window. I tried reinstalling the files, but the only part that works is the Scene Transition no matter what I do.

View attachment 56408

Any thoughts on how to fix this problem?
I'm having the same exact issue. Has anyone found a fix to this yet?

I'm having the same exact issue. Has anyone found a fix to this yet?

Yes - abandon this plugin and move over to the far superior "move transition"

chi11estpanda

Yes - abandon this plugin and move over to the far superior "move transition"

I was about to say what kineticsreen said, but for those still using this plugin and may miss his post, due to its lack of updates, it's highly suggested to use a more recently update and advanced plugin that will allow you to do the same things as this plugin and more. Transitions are also much more fluid.

Find the alternative, more advanced plugin here: https://obsproject.com/forum/resources/move-transition.913/

In case there's confusion:

(NEW) "Move transition 2.2.1" https://obsproject.com/forum/resources/move-transition.913/
Released: Mar 28, 2020 Last updated: Dec 21, 2020

VS.

(OLD) "motion-effect 1.2.0" https://obsproject.com/forum/resources/motion-effect.668/
Released: Apr 21, 2018 Last updated: Jan 2, 2019

oferdesade

great plugin. tx. an interesting occurrence:
overnight, for no apparent reason, the plugin simply disappeared from the plugins folders - both of them. i reinserted them in place and all was ok again. has this happened to anybody else?

Dreamcast88

Will it be available for Linux users? The great thing about OBS Studio is that it works great on Linux and supports almost every possible plugin, but sometimes there are exceptions like this. Author, can you post a ready-to-use archive, and specify Linux in the description of your plugin?

Azrael128

Has anyone succeeded in having this plugin work in Studio mode? For me, it plays the motion effect in the preview scene but not in the broadcasted scene. The only solution I found so far is to use an embedded scene, it works, but creates problems with other plug-ins such as move-transition.