Resource icon

motion-effect 1.2.0

Supported Bit Versions
  1. 32-bit
  2. 64-bit
Minimum OBS Studio Version
Supported Platforms
  1. Windows
The plugin is designed for source item animation.

Features
motion transition : Animate all sources between scene switch (easy to use)
motion filter : Animate one source in the scene.

Screenshot
transition.gif

How to Install?
Unzip motion-effect.zip and Put it to the obs-studio installation folder

How to use motion transition?
1. Add to your transition list then switch scene. just this one

Behavior of motion transition
  • Source in both scene : linear transform animation
  • Source only in previous scene : zoom out
  • Source only in next scene : zoom in
Restriction of motion transition in current version
1. The bounding box option must be "no-bound"
2. You can't use same source in one scene simultaneously .

How to use motion -filter ? (Screenshot in Attached Files)
1.Add a motion filter to a "scene" (It's important, this filter won't work directly with source)
2.Choose a source which you want to animate and give a destination position and scale on property page.
3.Use Forward and Backward button to check results.
4.Go to hotkeys page in OBS settings and choose set hotkey you want to use.
5. Done, you can try it now

How to set a curve path In motion-transition?
Use different acceleration on x-axis & y-axis

Why motion-filter can't be used on source?
The item position information is held by scene , and also it's more easy to preview results in scene filter page.

How to set a curve path In motion-filter?
You need to set control points position for Bezier curve. If you don't know what's that , Wikipedia gives a very good demonstration animation.
  • motion1.jpg
    motion1.jpg
    228.6 KB · Views: 27,175
  • motion2.jpg
    motion2.jpg
    124 KB · Views: 26,425
  • motion3.jpg
    motion3.jpg
    128 KB · Views: 24,629
  • motion4.jpg
    motion4.jpg
    135.7 KB · Views: 23,670
  • motion5.jpg
    motion5.jpg
    335.7 KB · Views: 22,723
Author
catxfish
Downloads
Views
First release
Last update
Rating
4.42 star(s) 19 ratings

More resources from catxfish

Latest updates

1. motion-effect 1.2.0

- Rename project name to motion-effect - Add motion-transition to the project , it's easier to...
  2. motion-filter 1.1.2

merge round-trip & one-way filter add scene-switch trigger feature add acceleration option...
  3. motion-filter 1.0.3

- Fix issue which can't assign negative value to start position. - Remove some unnecessary...

Latest reviews

It does what it does quite elegantly. And although there is an alternative now that may be widely used, this plugin is by far the easiest to setup/configure/use/manage. Appears to work fine on OBS v28 too! Ive used this plugin for awhile now, and love its simplicity.
Omg one of the best plugin I ever found.

There two one issue I found so far. If I want to populate in filter the "height" is same value like the width
Next OBS crashs most time if I want to close. Its annoying because I need to use taskmanager for it.
I think I did the goods settings, I can "see" the source moving when forwarding on settings, but unfortunatly, when I add motion filter to the scene and source, source is lost, can't be found anywhere on the screen, it just disappeared
This might be my reason to stay in OBS in stead of switching to vMix
Wish there was a 'crop' option among the 'position' and 'size' one.

Also 'position' overwrites 'size', so if you change the position after setting width to for example 0, then use a position - it'll 100% width the source then move it.
Neat transition if you are using the same background across the scene you want to transition. If not, it doesn't look quite as good, in my opinion, but still functions as another transition type.
Works great on windows with maybe a few hiccups every now and then, but there is still no official Mac OS support. Can someone help on that front?
i wish there was a mac plugin
really great plugin, only thing is i would like the duration slider to be able to higher than 5 seconds for slow zoom ins or zoom out on my face camera for a cinematic effect. i think raising that to 1 minute would give me a lot more functionality out of this plugin
I've been using this plugin for over a year now. I use the filter in order to smoothly have different things like text slide in and out of frame to show/hide scoreboards during splatoon 2 competitions. The transition has been very useful in giving my retro-PC OS themed streams a natural look with windows simply zooming in/out and moving around on top of a basic animated background. Useful tidbit, it treats groups like a single source, meaning if you group sources together they will zoom in/out from the center of that group rather than each individual item, which is perfect for my OS theming.