Media Controls

Media Controls 0.4.0

Not sure what I am doing wrong.

Latest version of OBS Studio v26.

I downloaded the installer file and ran it, said it completed.

Checked the View>Docks section in the menu and don't see anything for media controls.

I then tried the zip download and extracted and copied the folders to the correct location in program files and still nothing.

I have downloaded the Visual C++ and installed that, rebooted and tried again, still nothing.

What am I missing?

Not sure what I am doing wrong.

Latest version of OBS Studio v26.

I downloaded the installer file and ran it, said it completed.

Checked the View>Docks section in the menu and don't see anything for media controls.

I then tried the zip download and extracted and copied the folders to the correct location in program files and still nothing.

I have downloaded the Visual C++ and installed that, rebooted and tried again, still nothing.

What am I missing?

Fixed the error, apparently when I tried updating OBS the other day it hadn't actually updated. Now I did it again and everything is where it is supposed to be.

WaiSi

I tried to install Media Controls 0.3.0 on my MAC. The installation went through but I could not see any media control plugin activated on my OBS. How do I install it on my MAC OBS? Is there anything that I need to do to have it activated?

Cristóbal78

Captura.JPG

Hi! I have a little issue. I installed the plugin and i can see the timeline but can't see the icons of the media control. It works, but i wanted to know if there's any solution to that.
Thanks for the amazing plugin btw!

Babblingo

Hi Exeldro, I am enjoying this plug-in very much. For a later version, I want to suggest a "gang" feature, so that the slider (or hotkeys) could rewind or advance multiple, selected sources by an equal amount, then allow playing the gang all a once, stop all at once, etc.

OMDTR

Hi

I installed OBS v 26.0.2, Media Control 3.0 and the latest visual c++ redistributable for visual studio 2019

I activated Media Control and ticked the various elements but the controls still doesn't show in the Media Control box (see screenshot)

I attach the screenshot and the latest log file

Attachments

• obs-screenshot.png
    obs-screenshot.png
    500.3 KB · Views: 66
  • 2020-10-26 07-40-27.txt
    5.6 KB · Views: 43

Exeldro

@OMDTR in the screenshot I see a browser, a video capture device and an image source. None of these sources is a media source.
It works only for media source, vlc source, image slide show source and some plugin sources like the replay source plugin.

OMDTR

Hi

I installed OBS v 26.0.2, Media Control 3.0 and the latest visual c++ redistributable for visual studio 2019

I activated Media Control and ticked the various elements but the controls still doesn't show in the Media Control box (see screenshot)

I attach the screenshot and the latest log file
Sorry, should have mentioned I use Windows 10

OMDTR

@OMDTR in the screenshot I see a browser, a video capture device and an image source. None of these sources is a media source.
It works only for media source, vlc source, image slide show source and some plugin sources like the replay source plugin.
Thanks. Is there any way to control say a Youtube video from within OBS?

sam721223

Hi

I have installed OBS v 26.0.2 and Media Control(0.3.0) on Mac(10.15.6).

When I open OBS, it will crash.
Screen Shot 2020-11-06 at 2.28.02 PM.png

please help me to fix the problem. thanks

Jaymarkcomics

Hello! I'd like to ask how to uninstall the plugin please. I am using OBS Streamlabs and hastily installed it without realizing it was for the wrong app. Any advice?

caca.rtv

So, it seems I'm not the only one having issues with the MacOS installer. Could we please have a version for manual instalation, without the .pkg installer?

AL3D.fr

Bonjour

Je ne sais pas sur quelle distribution linux tu/vous travaillez, je suis sur Xubuntu Studio 20.04.

J'ai installé le plugin manuellement de la manière suivante:

Décompresser l'archive téléchargée (la décompresser 2 fois car c'est un zip qui contient un .tar.gz) jusqu'à obtenir le répertoire "media-controls" qui contient 2 sous répertoires "bin" et "data".

le "bin" contient un autre répertoire "64bit" qui contient la librairie qui nous intéresse: "media-controls.so"

Il va falloir placer cette librairie dans le répertoire " /usr/lib/obs-plugins" . Pour pourvoir écrire dans ce dernier répertoire il faut etre loggé en tant que root.

Je n'ai pas utilisé le fichier "en-US.ini' qui se trouve dans l'autre répertoire.

J'espère que ce message sera utile :-)

Alain

Last edited:

caca.rtv

So, it seems I'm not the only one having issues with the MacOS installer. Could we please have a version for manual instalation, without the .pkg installer?

A bit of googling around and found this fix on github: https://github.com/exeldro/obs-media-controls/issues/2

So, quick guide: install the plugin using the original link. Then download the file posted by ucomesdag on the github thread, add it to Library/Application Support/obs-studio/plugins/media-controls/bin, and replace the file that's already there. Works perfectly now.

Lawrence_SoCal

View attachment 62155 Hi! I have a little issue. I installed the plugin and i can see the timeline but can't see the icons of the media control. It works, but i wanted to know if there's any solution to that.
I have the same issue. I upgraded today from v 0.2.0 to 0.3.0. I'm on OBS v25.0.8 on Win10
I upgraded by replacing the dll & pdb file in \obs-plugins\64-bit. The INI file looked the same, so I didn't update/replace it