Media Controls

Media Controls 0.4.0

SClute

Follow if a media file visibility is toggled on/off?

I'm trying to set up OBS for a client- is there a way to have this plugin follow if a media file visibility is toggled on/off. Showing all media sources won't really work- looking at 100+ videos/stingers. I'm trying to keep him in one scene with a bunch of nested scenes- turn toggle source on it plays- then toggle off.
Working on MAC OS.
Thanks for the hard work!

Exeldro submitted a new resource:

Media Controls - Add Media Controls Dock to OBS

Read more about this resource...
This plugin installed as directed and I verified that Microsoft Visual C++ redistributable 2015-2019 was recently installed (May 2021). However, inside OBS I am able to view the docks and media controls is there but selecting it just brings up an window with nothing in it. Log file doesn't indicate any problem with the loading of this plugin so I am puzzled about what is wrong. Any ideas out there ?

Attachments

• 2021-07-09 15-48-18.txt
    6.5 KB · Views: 45
@MONICA - In the scenes you show in the screenshots I don't see a media source or VLC source, so there are no sources to show controls for.
I asked a similar question in a post which was deleted. I have installed media-controls-0.3.4-windows and it shows up in Docks, in OBS log as ok and when I open media controls with a media running (in this case MP3) I get a blank window. Please note the media source active in Mixer and absolutely nothing in media controls window.

Attachments

• Media Controls Window.jpg
    Media Controls Window.jpg
    167.6 KB · Views: 93

Gitago

I asked a similar question in a post which was deleted. I have installed media-controls-0.3.4-windows and it shows up in Docks, in OBS log as ok and when I open media controls with a media running (in this case MP3) I get a blank window. Please note the media source active in Mixer and absolutely nothing in media controls window.

try going into studio mode, then back out... I'm kind of having this same issue i believe.. here is a video example..

My issue is when i start playing media, nothing shows in "media controls" even though clearly things are playing.. the way ive found for it to 'register' the playing is to go into studio mode then back out

Enjishida

Howdy, I have a list of videos, and I do not want this plugin to switch to a new video when the previous one is finished. I want infinity loop and switch to next one only if i want to, is that possible to do?

Enjishida

@Enjishida you can use a vlc source for playlist that you can control with this plugin
Ye i knew that and already use it, the problem is i wanna infinity loop one video from playlist, and switch to next one only when i click "next media" button. For now it's just play all videos in playlist automatically.

justedit

Hi Exeldro. Is there any plan to add these kind of functions :
- Mark IN, Mark OUT, LOOP in order to play a dedicated portion of a media ? in a loop ?
Thanks !
Arno

pitrrs

Hello,

thanks for your work <3 but i cannot show controls (visibility) on FOLDER (on scene items its OK) :)
Its BUG or my mistake?

Thak you

apluzz

@Exeldro can I request when playing a media file via DSK to have it appear in Media Controls? I believe at the moment only media active in scenes appear in Media Control, but when played via DSK, it does not show.

Blondelion

If you right click on any space od media contols, you'll see an option that says "Show All Media Sources" that will look for media in all your scenes

1643170488396.png

dcmouser

Exeldro, I have a bit of a strange request but your Media Controls plugin is the closest thing to be able to do this. I'm looking for an option to seek to a random position in a media source whenever it becomes visible.

To explain the use case -- I use a background video on a scene whenever I take a break -- the media source is configured to restart on display and loop and close when unused. So whenever I switch to a break the video starts over again at the start. I'd love for it to always start at a random location for variability.

I've considered disabling the options to restart when showing and close when not showing, but I'm hesitant to use the cpu resources to keep this video playing in the background.

However another option, besides jumping to a random location on playing, might be to have an option to PAUSE the video when not visible, and UNPAUSE when it becomes visible. Then i could disable the options to close and restart the video without taking a significant cpu hit.

dcmouser

Hi exeldro. I can do some basic lua or python scripting.. I don't think there's an api to randomly seek inside a media file, but maybe you are suggesting that I could use the api to pause and unpause the media file when it becomes visible or not... I will look into that.

dcmouser

Exeldro, if you have a minute perhaps you could take a glance at my new post request here:

Your Media Controls plugins actually identified that OBS is doing something a bit weird and I proposed what I think is a clean solution.