Media Controls

Media Controls 0.4.0

Hi Exeldro, Un fortunately it still doesn't show up on my Mac. Perhaps you have made it for Catalina? I have High Sierra. Thank You for your on-going effort though. I've installed other of your resources and they are working great! Thank You!

joechihe

Amazin pluging, the missing piece we needed for OBS since a long time ago. Kudos to Exeldro!
I'm using it in OBS 25.0.8 in macOS Catalina and works like a charm

istorar

Hi, I'm having some trouble getting this to work on Linux. Extracted the files to .config>obsstudio>plugin_config, but it's not showing up as a dock option. Any help would be v appreciated!

OBSnewguy

Hi, I'm having some trouble getting this to work on Linux. Extracted the files to .config>obsstudio>plugin_config, but it's not showing up as a dock option. Any help would be v appreciated!
Apparently, it is written for Unbuntu; it does not work for Debian 9. I tried it.

JVRaines

This control should be part of the standard distro! Absolutely necessary to have control over media playback.

One bug I am experiencing with 2.2 is that a hotkey assigned to play the media source doesn't work. The Media Control's PLAY button changes to PAUSE, but there is no playback and no movement of the cursor.

OBSnewguy

I don't see a /plugins/ folder, just /plugin_config/

And I've read those posts, was confused because I couldn't find that folder
Go to:
~/.config/obs-studio/

Create directory:
/plugins/

Copy the folder 'media-controls' into the /plugins/ directory.

End result:
~/.config/obs-studio/plugins/media-controls

Restart OBS-Studio

istorar

Go to:
~/.config/obs-studio/

Create directory:
/plugins/

Copy the folder 'media-controls' into the /plugins/ directory.

End result:
~/.config/obs-studio/plugins/media-controls

Restart OBS-Studio

Ohhhh okay thanks friend it's working now :)

alexslx

Hi,

I would like to be able to set hotkeys to fast-forward (150%) or fast-backward (50%) some media sources. Do you think it would be possible to include in this plugin?

Exeldro

@alexslx the speed of a media source can not be controlled in the same manner as the functions this plugin. So it would need to be done with an other plugin or lua script.

alexslx

@alexslx the speed of a media source can not be controlled in the same manner as the functions this plugin. So it would need to be done with an other plugin or lua script.

Hi, thanks for the response. That is unfortunately. I tried to do that using lua scripts but it doesn't seems to be able without restarting the media source every call to update settings.

I was trying to use that to control a media source so I can comment on it, go back or forward, slower some important parts... you got the idea.

VA Tech Support

Thank you for this amazing plug-in which solves a big gap in OBS Media Source controls.

I am experiencing the Mac crash bug which comes up when removing videos from a scene as described in this issue log: https://github.com/exeldro/obs-media-controls/issues/10

The other trouble is that it appears to wipe out all profile configurations when the crash occurs and OBS restarts.

Just wanted to check to see if this was on your radar to fix and any time estimates for resolution so we can plan accordingly?

Thank you again for your efforts in this awesome development.

Exeldro

The crash should be fixed with OBS version 26. Can you test if the release candidate of OBS fixes it?