Media Controls

Media Controls 0.4.0

soulslinga

hello - dont see the plugin in the dock. using a Mac running 10.15.4 and latest OBS 25.0.8. downloaded installer on mac and installed. thanks for any help and for making this plug in.

Silvano

Hi,
thanks for the reply but it's not that.
The eye to the left of the padlock is used to not see what you have set.
When you enable the scene, your movie is already started and does not start from the beginning.
It seems strange to me that nobody has this problem.
Thanks for any help
Silvano

mattbatt

WOW thank you for making yet another very useful plugin for OBS.
Why did we need to install "Visual C++ Visual studio" plugin?

I am A HUGE fan of Exeldro, but my Mac downloaded correctly and unfortunately Media Controls didn't show up in Docks. I am using OS High Sierra on a Mac. Do I need to show logs? Thanks for your efforts Exeldro! Looking forward to possible updates in the future.

Silvano

I'm suspecting you are dealing with the default OBS behavior, unrelated to the plug-in. If you have a scene, and media sources in the scene are enabled, when you switch to the scene, the sources will start. If you don't want the sources to auto start, don't enable them (little icon to left of padlock)
Hi Lawrence,
unfortunately it is not as you suggested to me.
If I disable the eye to the left of the padlock, I don't see the movie, but at the start of OBS STUDIO, the movie starts.
In fact, when you enable the eye, the movie is not at the beginning but is ahead.
Thanks for any suggestions.
Silvano

mattbatt

Hi,
thanks for the reply but it's not that.
The eye to the left of the padlock is used to not see what you have set.
When you enable the scene, your movie is already started and does not start from the beginning.
It seems strange to me that nobody has this problem.
Thanks for any help
Silvano
Make sure in the properties for your VLC source you have you have "visibility Behavior" set to stop or Pause when not visible. Also make sure you don't have the source behind something else in your other scenes. Or if you don't have any other scenes, make one.
1594963261905.png

Silvano

Make sure in the properties for your VLC source you have you have "visibility Behavior" set to stop or Pause when not visible. Also make sure you don't have the source behind something else in your other scenes. Or if you don't have any other scenes, make one.
View attachment 58874
Hi Matt,
thank you for answering.
I had already done some tests, unfortunately it doesn't work.
Could it be a configuration on VLC ?
It should be me to enable the video.
I don't find this command.
Patience, I will freeze the video manually when OBS STUDIO opens.
Thanks for all the suggestions.
Silvano

tylerscochran

Not sure if I'm in the right place... "installed" plugin and files look correct in OBS dir. Don't see the plugin in the dock menu in OBS. Updated C++ redistributable, restarted, etc. and it's still not there. I see the OBS log says "LoadLibrary failed for '../../obs-plugins/64bit/media-controls.dll': The specified module could not be found."

What am I doing wrong?

juampistolas

Hi There!!
First of all, I really appreciatte you share this with us, I wish I could have money to make you some donations but sadly I'm really poor at this moment, so I won't be able to do it yet.
By now, do you think you can help me.
I'm having trouble with finding Media Controls on Docks. I did installed it in my macbookpro2012 with high sierra 10.13.6, and followed all steps many times but it doesn't show up. I tried intalling new versión of OBS, but still not seeing it.
Thanks a lot, really appreciatte your time.
Jp

SClute

Please forgive the NOOB question- I see this being listed as Mac compatible but I'm having challenges getting it to install- is there a mac installation guide somewhere that I haven't found yet?

toplachi

this is what I saw from obs' log on a mac... I hope this could give some clues

00:33:08.210: os_dlopen(/Library/Application Support/obs-studio/plugins/media-controls/bin/media-controls.so->/Library/Application Support/obs-studio/plugins/media-controls/bin/media-controls.so): dlopen(/Library/Application Support/obs-studio/plugins/media-controls/bin/media-controls.so, 257): Library not loaded: /usr/local/opt/qt/lib/QtWidgets.framework/Versions/5/QtWidgets
00:33:08.210: Referenced from: /Library/Application Support/obs-studio/plugins/media-controls/bin/media-controls.so
00:33:08.210: Reason: image not found
00:33:08.210:
00:33:08.210: Module '/Library/Application Support/obs-studio/plugins/media-controls/bin/media-controls.so' not loaded

Optomod

I'm having trouble with seeing this plug from the Docks menu on Mac, it is not there although it has installed correctly alongside other OBS plugins. I even added to the other Library access point alongside another plugin, but after restarting OBS and the Mac still nothing...any ideas?

the_hefay

Thank you Exeldro. This plugin is exactly what I was looking for. I had to update Visual C++ 2019, but after that it showed up in the Dock menu.

Lawrence_SoCal

love the dock/plug-in
Feedback - on a brand new PC (arrived last week, fully patched), I ran into an issue with this plug-in not initially saving my setting to Show Time Remaining. After resetting a few times, and some OBS Exits/restarts, the settings now 'stick'... but didn't initially. All is well at the moment, with some persistence. For a live stream mixing between pre-recorded content and live video, having this Media Control, and especially Time Remaining display is so helpful. Thank you

cinegamerz

This is a great plugin, its literally what I have been wanting for ages. I am wondering, is it possible to show a playlist, for example, if I had 30 videos in a media or vlc playlist, to be able to play them from the controller.
Thanks for the great work