Question / Help Massive FPS Drops For The Entire Scene In Either Display Or Game Capture Mode

Mottled

hi, ive been looking through forums and watching videos all night and none of them seem to help with my issue, game capture was working perfectly than about three days ago when i tried to stream layers of fear there were massive fps drops in the game and every other game. my webcam and game capture both freeze up and the fps drops to as low as 10 fps sometimes, usually hovering between 15-20fps. i have my bitrate at the recommended 2500 and the encoder is on nvenc h.264, running on a 1080 founders edition and i7-7700k, was hoping to see if anyone else had a fix for me, thanks note: my cpu is at about 40-45% when in game (another note: i was playing final fantasy xiv, when you tab out of the game it's a windowed full screen like mode, obs is still capturing it as full screen and all the movement in the game while youre tabbed out and then it starts running at 30fps, thought this might help) (edit: 9 memory leaks were found in obs report working on fixing them and then will update)

Last edited:

Mottled

hi everyone fixed it by fixing the memory leak that was reported in my obs log, keeping this up in case it helps anyone else!

Mottled

update: had to reinstall obs, i know stupid fix but the new windows update apparently messed everything up in it seeing as it only started happening after the new windows update. leaving this up for whoever it may help

ricco

how do you fix you memory leak issues? and how did you know you had them, im having similar issues

Mottled

also to see if you have memory leak problems check your log files on obs in the help section, click on your most recent log and at the bottom it should say what your issues are, i hope i helped friend