Question / Help IshowU audio capture/OBS/fortnite/iMAC/

OTISIN

http://obsproject.com/downloads/obs-24.0.3-installer-catalina-fix-02.dmg
@dodgepong
This new OBS installer is fine but there's still some issues with the desktop audio, It stays disabled, I tried downloading the IshowU capture app and it worked perfectly, it red my desktop audio, my mic was working fine and my cam too, all for streaming, but then an other issue happen, I couldn't talk with my friends at voice chat while playing fortnite. my external mic and OBS was still reading my mic, but some how it messed up my ability to talk online with my friends, I tried different settings for the the voice chat settings In fortnite but it still didn't help, I uninstall the IshowU app but I still can't talk to anyone online, I could only hear them. and I currently have the same settings before I downloaded the app. I was able to talk to my online friends before I downloaded the IshowU audio app, maybe fortnite doesn't support the app, who knows?? can someone help fix this issue?? or tell me what I'm doing wrong...

Narcogen

3rd party software is required to capture desktop audio on MacOS. (IShowU, or SoundFlower, or LoopBack).

iShowU is for handling default audio output, shouldn't have anything to do with audio input from a hardware device.

Audio device exclusivity isn't usually a problem on MacOS like it is in Windows, so I'm afraid I don't know why you have audio chat issues on Fortnite.

OTISIN

3rd party software is required to capture desktop audio on MacOS. (IShowU, or SoundFlower, or LoopBack).

iShowU is for handling default audio output, shouldn't have anything to do with audio input from a hardware device.

Audio device exclusivity isn't usually a problem on MacOS like it is in Windows, so I'm afraid I don't know why you have audio chat issues on Fortnite.

@Narcogen
thanks bro, when do you think OBS is going to allow desktop audio in there software?

Narcogen

This is necessary because of how audio on MacOS works differently than on Windows. I am a user and not a developer, but I'm not aware of any plans to add in the capabilities of the 3rd party software to OBS on MacOS, and to me, the future functionality of OBS under MacOS is in question because Apple has deprecated the foundational technology for OBS on MacOS (OpenGL) which means they may in some future OS version remove or otherwise limit it. OBS currently operates poorly under Catalina, and certain extremely useful features stopped working in Mojave and will likely never return.