Input Overlay

Input Overlay v5.0.4

univrsal

i'd like to try it either way. How would you set this up?
You'll have to download the client software from the last release:
It's in the windows zip archive.

embrez

my controller show up but it's not detecting my nintendo switch pro controller input
I'm on OBS Studio 28.0.1 with windows 10 with Input overlay 5.0.0

embrez

my controller show up but it's not detecting my nintendo switch pro controller input
I'm on OBS Studio 28.0.1 with windows 10 with Input overlay 5.0.0
edit: it's working with my xbox controller with some joystick drift I did use Dinput when I tested with my switch pro

Christian S.

Is this Plugin compatible with VR Controls, cause I followed your documentation, but didn't find it and I cant recreate it via your guides on gamepad input setup.

Trigger911

Hello, I was using this fine with your current version of this plugin (5.0) with OBS 28.0.3 but recently it stopped working I have googled for a few days and I have tried reinstalling and running OBS as Admin. Do you know anything else I might be able to try or a way to delete the settings? I am not sure what happened.

Trigger911

Hello, I was using this fine with your current version of this plugin (5.0) with OBS 28.0.3 but recently it stopped working I have googled for a few days and I have tried reinstalling and running OBS as Admin. Do you know anything else I might be able to try or a way to delete the settings? I am not sure what happened.
I somehow turned on the input overlay. To fix this I went to my %appdata% folder and found the main obs INI and deleted the input settings from it I had taken a screen shot to see what changed and I guess I had turned on filtering. Figured I would post the answer as it might help someone.

Vox Serico

Full size transparent en-us qwerty 5.0.0 json layout based on Trrrof's "qwerty-new".
qwerty-fullsize preview.png

Attachments

• qwerty-fullsize.zip
    762.6 KB · Views: 209

SCY42

giphy.gif
giphy.gif
giphy.gif
giphy.gif

Hello, I am an enthusiastic user of your input overlay!! The above gifs are showcases of overlays that I made by myself.

Yet, it's too bad that there is no way to display diagonal inputs (combination of adjacent directional inputs). Do you have any plans to add this feature? I can at least configure some json files myself.

univrsal

Yet, it's too bad that there is no way to display diagonal inputs (combination of adjacent directional inputs). Do you have any plans to add this feature? I can at least configure some json files myself.
It's been suggested before, but It's not planned currently.

Ratiocinator

Hi all,

I made a reskin of the mouse and wasd overlays. While I truly love the original designs of these overlays, I wanted to have a second variation that was more "traditional." So these overlays use straight keys/font and a more generic mouse (the side buttons on the mouse were also removed).

mouse-no-movment-preview.png
wasd-full-preview.png
wasd-minimal-preview.png

Attachments

• mouse-traditional.zip
    165.3 KB · Views: 102
  • wasd-traditional.zip
    567.7 KB · Views: 112

Ratiocinator

Slight alignment issue with wasd-full.json and I'm past the time limit to edit my original post. So here it is one more time:

Attachments

• mouse-traditional.zip
    165.3 KB · Views: 76
  • wasd-traditional.zip
    567 KB · Views: 83

EmMper

I'm using OBS 28.1.2, and after I downloaded input-overlay 5.0.0, I can't find it when I click "add" button.

Canadianbutt275

I'm not totally sure how to use the Mouse Movement option.
I tried selecting a ball. Nothing happens. I even tried on OBS.
Can we get a more detailed explanation on how to use it?

also, setting up a discord will help you alot alot.

Isnerith

Hey man,

Does anyone have any idea why my input overlay looks like this after choosing config file?

1673811279450.png

Right before clicking config location it kind of looks just fine :(

Attachments

• 1673811228451.png
    1673811228451.png
    33.8 KB · Views: 24

jeffsfolio

I really love graphic customization system of this input viewer. However, as a teacher, showing the whole keyboard is not an option. It takes up far too much screen space. I use to use the input-history feature that was previously depreciated. The input-history worked perfectly for my needs as a teacher, but did not have easy graphical customizations and no longer works on the latest OBS. Having the old input-history functionality coupled with the new graphic customization tools would be the perfect solution for us teachers who teach software of various types. Is this planned to return?