Input Overlay

Input Overlay v5.0.5

Mizumi

The Overlay is just totaly awsome and i could never ask and dream for more bc it simply works ♥
I just use the wasd-minimal version and would love to know if it's possible to add a second input option?
bc i'm handycaped i can not always hit the ctrl with my Pinky so i usualy use the alt key with my thumb.
And now i was just looking for a option to make this happend but i have no idea what i needed to change in the ini to make that work

BedlessSleeper

Hey, I recently updated the OBS Plugin to the newest version and now my OBS crashes constantly whenever a new Controller device has been discovered or if I open the Properties information once a new device has been discovered. The strange thing is, is that my plugin works fine and OBS works fine, if I have no controllers plugged in, open the properties tab, then plug in my controller, OBS doesn't crash and I can see the plugin work through the visual responses of button presses. However, if another controller is detected, say I also plugin another controller, OBS either instantly crashes with no error report possible or sends me an error saying OBS has crashed asking for me to copy the error log into a clipboard. If this occurs, OBS still works perfectly fine and has no issue, but if I click yes OBS closes.

Hope this gets fixed soon, as sometimes while streaming my controller sometimes disconnects because the wire is flimsy, and it would cause OBS to crash instantly. Not really sure why :/

Here is the error log in a paste bin: https://pastebin.com/hcQZxyTz

univrsal

Hey, I recently updated the OBS Plugin to the newest version and now my OBS crashes constantly whenever a new Controller device has been discovered or if I open the Properties information once a new device has been discovered. The strange thing is, is that my plugin works fine and OBS works fine, if I have no controllers plugged in, open the properties tab, then plug in my controller, OBS doesn't crash and I can see the plugin work through the visual responses of button presses. However, if another controller is detected, say I also plugin another controller, OBS either instantly crashes with no error report possible or sends me an error saying OBS has crashed asking for me to copy the error log into a clipboard. If this occurs, OBS still works perfectly fine and has no issue, but if I click yes OBS closes.

Hope this gets fixed soon, as sometimes while streaming my controller sometimes disconnects because the wire is flimsy, and it would cause OBS to crash instantly. Not really sure why :/

Here is the error log in a paste bin: https://pastebin.com/hcQZxyTz
Try this build and see if that fixes the issue.

BedlessSleeper

Try this build and see if that fixes the issue.
Thank you, it seems to work and no longer crash now! I do have another side issue which I believe is directly related to the kind of controller I'm trying to detect. For some reason, the plugin does not detect my Custom Mixbox controller unless I unplug and plug it back in, AND it is the only controller plugged in at the time. If I were to connect another controller such as a PS5 controller after having my Custom MixBox controller detected and working fine, and I switch to the PS5 controller, the plugin no longer displays my Custom Mixbox controllers existence and I would have to unplug all controllers and plug in my Custom Mixbox controller in, then connect it.

Attachments

• mix1.png
    mix1.png
    20.1 KB · Views: 135

Calaverik

Hi! New to the forum
Is there any page that collects community-made presets? I'm not a very creative person and wouldn't know how to make my own graphics for it, even if I learn how to use the preset tool, and find the basic Overwatch style kinda ugly. Thanks in advance!!

craftykaname

Which version should I download for OBS 27.2.4? The newest one doesn't work for my version of OBS as it is made for 28 (I will not be updating to 28 soon, due to other plugins). Thanks in advance!

anchaides

I've been toying around with input overlay 5.03 and OBS 29.0 using P010 and REC2100 color space for HDR recording.

There seems to be an issue with how the image itself is drawn. By comparison, if I grab the overlay png and add it as an image source, the image plugin uses the correct color space matching that of the one set on OBS advanced options. Input overlay always use the same pixel format and color space by default and there's no option to change it perhaps?

I've been diving into the code but I am not familiar with neither the API nor the plugin itself I wouldn't know for sure but I don't see this gets defined anywhere. if I change back to the original color format and color space, the overlay gets displayed correctly. I don't think this is a bug but rather a missing support option I guess?

How does input_overlay let OBS know what color format is to be used for this source?
1680729467550.png

univrsal

I've been toying around with input overlay 5.03 and OBS 29.0 using P010 and REC2100 color space for HDR recording.

There seems to be an issue with how the image itself is drawn. By comparison, if I grab the overlay png and add it as an image source, the image plugin uses the correct color space matching that of the one set on OBS advanced options. Input overlay always use the same pixel format and color space by default and there's no option to change it perhaps?

I've been diving into the code but I am not familiar with neither the API nor the plugin itself I wouldn't know for sure but I don't see this gets defined anywhere. if I change back to the original color format and color space, the overlay gets displayed correctly. I don't think this is a bug but rather a missing support option I guess?

How does input_overlay let OBS know what color format is to be used for this source?
View attachment 92960
This is where the images are drawn:
I copied it from the image source:
There have been some additions to it which are probably the reason for the bug

anchaides

decided to allocate some free time to look into this issue for the fun of it. Compiled the plugin on windows using the Windows Build script and tired to load it in an obs instance in portable mode.

However it seems it can't be loaded in portable mode (backed up by main installation and added the compiled plugin there and it worked)
in the portable mode I get this

12:58:18.741: LoadLibrary failed for '../../obs-plugins/64bit/input-overlay.dll': The specified module could not be found.
12:58:18.741: (126)

is this something you have seen before?

Last edited:

univrsal

decided to allocate some free time to look into this issue for the fun of it. Compiled the plugin on windows using the Windows Build script and tired to load it in an obs instance in portable mode.

However it seems it can't be loaded in portable mode (backed up by main installation and added the compiled plugin there and it worked)
in the portable mode I get this

12:58:18.741: LoadLibrary failed for '../../obs-plugins/64bit/input-overlay.dll': The specified module could not be found.
12:58:18.741: (126)

is this something you have seen before?
Yeah this issue is the same. It has happened before and it usually was because of a missing MSVC runtime. But that doesn't seem to be the case here. You can try opening the input-overlay.dll with Dependencies, this is what it looks like for me when loading the dll from a portable obs installation:
1680901785780.png

Xionyus

Quick question, I have everything working perfect on my end but I'm wondering if you can have the same icon activate for two different codes/keypresses? If I just make two icons and put them on top of each other, you only see the one that is on top.

anchaides

I think I know what the issue is now.

I have tested a build and it seems to work (for now).

If I test it for a bit and I didn't seem to break anything would you like me to create a pull request so we can review the changes?

1681059031423.png

Quick question, I have everything working perfect on my end but I'm wondering if you can have the same icon activate for two different codes/keypresses? If I just make two icons and put them on top of each other, you only see the one that is on top.
I think you can do that by editing the json, just make both codes share the same mapping.

univrsal

Just make the unpressed state of one of them transparent.
If I test it for a bit and I didn't seem to break anything would you like me to create a pull request so we can review the changes?
Sure, I'd appreciate that. Thanks for taking the time to investigate the issue.