Input Overlay

Input Overlay v5.0.4

univrsal

Technically, but it would require a custom overlay using the websocket server, which requires knowledge of javascript, html and css.

justkydden

Hello I am new but find this fascinating. I was wondering if I can make a custom overlay for my razer tartarus as it is layed out or am I limited to using universal rows?

justkydden

Okay let me ask it a different way, I understand you need to have a minimum spacing between each key but does it have to be exact or can there be more

amasashiro

Hello ! I have exactly the same problem but nobody answered this guy :(

Does anyone know how to fix that please ?

Thanks !
[[deepl translated]]

You have chosen the wrong overlay image file.
Select wasd.png for the overlay image file and it will work correctly.
I made the same mistake.

I think that "preview" file is just a preview not work.

Thanks

amasashiro

Hey man,

Does anyone have any idea why my input overlay looks like this after choosing config file?

View attachment 90723

Right before clicking config location it kind of looks just fine :(
[[deepl translated]]

I made the same mistake.

Thanks

Reganou

[[deepl translated]]

I made the same mistake.

Thanks
Big thanks, it's actually working as you said :D. Those other files in the presets folder are pretty confusing xD.

rauskelis

Hey all!

I'm trying to figure out how to get Input History working. I found the documentation here about it, but the second link 404s, and as someone without coding experience I'm really not sure that I can get it working without some step-by-step help.

univrsal

Hey all!

I'm trying to figure out how to get Input History working. I found the documentation here about it, but the second link 404s, and as someone without coding experience I'm really not sure that I can get it working without some step-by-step help.
I updated the link on the wiki

rauskelis

I updated the link on the wiki
Hey there! I'm still getting an error...
1677276887071.png

That's the link I'm clicking, and it's bringing me here:
1677276923067.png

univrsal

Hey there! I'm still getting an error...
View attachment 91920
That's the link I'm clicking, and it's bringing me here:
View attachment 91921
I guess I didn't save the change. Try again, but if for some reason I fucked up again just use this link:

pulec

Does any version for work anyone on Wayland? I am using version 5.0.0 and on Sway and Archlinux, screen recording is fine with https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/Xdg-desktop-portal#WebRTC_screen_sharing, and input overlay events display fine for a gamepad, but the keyboard events or mouse events are not recognized. Is there a way to debug and fix this?

Shortcuts don't work when OBS is not in focus, but this is probably not related to the input overlay issue since I would expect the input overlay to work when OBS is in focus.

All is fine on i3, and X11, I am loving the mouse movement indicator.

univrsal

Does any version for work anyone on Wayland? I am using version 5.0.0 and on Sway and Archlinux, screen recording is fine with https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/Xdg-desktop-portal#WebRTC_screen_sharing, and input overlay events display fine for a gamepad, but the keyboard events or mouse events are not recognized. Is there a way to debug and fix this?

Shortcuts don't work when OBS is not in focus, but this is probably not related to the input overlay issue since I would expect the input overlay to work when OBS is in focus.

All is fine on i3, and X11, I am loving the mouse movement indicator.
Wayland doesn't support input hooking. https://github.com/kwhat/libuiohook/issues/100