Input Overlay

Input Overlay v5.0.4

iHaku

For anyone wondering how to get this working via bluetooth on a ps3/4 controller:
get the latest release of "XOutput" <https://github.com/csutorasa/XOutput>
start it up and see that your controller is detected under "directinput"
press "add controller" and confirm all the keys. you can press "configure all buttons" at the bottom to do them all in a row instead of clicking all of them.
press x to go back to the main window and press "start" to start the emulation.
your controller should now also be detected as xinput *aswell as* direct input and OBS can detect this now.

i'm not sure why, but the diagnostic tool thats in the unput overlays util zip doesnt show a controller added this way. it will however show up in OBS if everything was configured properly.

WielkiBV

I don't know what's going on, but on my OBS example with arrows don't work. I'm choosing .png file, then .ini and I don't see anything, others going on well but with this I got a problem. Win10/ OBS 26.1.1.

TombPlays

Hi, Love the plugin been getting some great use out of it animating a Nintendo DS! Really nice!
I've just come across an issue however. So I am using some Lioranboard integration in order to let Twitch Chat play Pokemon Platinum on the DS.
I've got all the other buttons animated with the plugin no problem. Except for the arrow keys when I use the codes for them they don't add the to the input history. for Arrow Left I'm using this

0xE04B"ArrowLeft"

from the mozilla site https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/API/KeyboardEvent/code/code_values <- Super useful btw

Now when I press the arrow key on my keyboard that works just fine. However I need it to work when a macro from lioranboard fires the up, down, left or right arrow key. For some reason these don't seem to share the same code value. Any insight on the matter?
For now I'll change the keybindings as a work around

If anyone wants to checkout the previously mentioned DS integration it is on the channel twitch.tv/PPOmon

Kind Regards,
TombPlays

univrsal

Hi, Love the plugin been getting some great use out of it animating a Nintendo DS! Really nice!
I've just come across an issue however. So I am using some Lioranboard integration in order to let Twitch Chat play Pokemon Platinum on the DS.
I've got all the other buttons animated with the plugin no problem. Except for the arrow keys when I use the codes for them they don't add the to the input history. for Arrow Left I'm using this

0xE04B"ArrowLeft"

from the mozilla site https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/API/KeyboardEvent/code/code_values <- Super useful btw

Now when I press the arrow key on my keyboard that works just fine. However I need it to work when a macro from lioranboard fires the up, down, left or right arrow key. For some reason these don't seem to share the same code value. Any insight on the matter?
For now I'll change the keybindings as a work around

If anyone wants to checkout the previously mentioned DS integration it is on the channel twitch.tv/PPOmon

Kind Regards,
TombPlays
I don't know where people keep getting that key code link from but it's not what input overlay uses. Input overlay uses keycodes from here https://github.com/kwhat/libuiohook/blob/1.2/include/uiohook.h#L137
Additionally the Numpad arrows and normal arrows are mixed up if I recall correctly.

fatihG_

Nice, thats cool!

I will have to give it a spin sometime later.

In the meantime, I created some 'compact' overlays. (for version 4.8)

You can download them here.

I added the PSD for anyone that want to mess around with it.
Though be warned, I am releasing the PSD as is. I put zero effort in trying to clean it up to make it 'user friendly'.

How do I change the side mouse buttons to other buttons as I have a mouse with 12 keys that are customizable and id rather not mess with my mouse.

univrsal

How do I change the side mouse buttons to other buttons as I have a mouse with 12 keys that are customizable and id rather not mess with my mouse.
Additional mouse buttons can not be accessed as they rely on the device driver. You will have to bind them to existing keyboard keys for them to be picked up by input overlay, but the mouse overlay can currently only visualize the standard mouse buttons, so this won't really help anyways.

univrsal

universallp updated Input Overlay with a new update entry:

5.0.0 Pre release

This is a pre release for version 5.0.0 containing the following changes:
  • Remote connections (e.g. send inputs from gaming pc to streaming pc)
  • New overlay config format (Goodbye ugly and incomprehensible ini files)
  • Config creation tool (short intro video here)
  • New gamepad system (Supports both XInput and DirectInput)
  • Host input events on a local WebSocket Server so they...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Trrrof

I want to share a preset of a full-size keyboard, good luck <3
1620674669064.png

Attachments

• NEW qwerty.rar
    263.9 KB · Views: 355

univrsal

Just wanted to share a quick test with the browser source which renders a circle over the mouse:
mpv-shot0001.jpg

HTML:
<!DOCTYPE html>
<html>
    <head>
        <meta charset="utf-8" />
        <title>Page Title</title>
    </head>
    <body>
        <span id="dot"></span>
    </body>
    <style>
        #dot {
            height: 60px;
            width: 60px;
            background-color: rgba(255, 0, 0, 0.5);
            border-radius: 50%;
            position: absolute;
            left: 0px;
            top: 0px;
        }
        body {
            margin: 0;
        }
    </style>

<script>
        var dot = document.getElementById('dot');
        function on_data(e) {
            let json = JSON.parse(e.data);
            let t = json.event_type;
            if (t === 'mouse_moved') {
                // I needed a  little offset to center the circle
                dot.style.left = (json.x - 30) + "px";
                dot.style.top = (json.y - 50) + "px";
            }
        }

function start_websocket() {
            var ws = new WebSocket("ws://localhost:16899/");

ws.onmessage = on_data;            ws.onmessage = on_data;
            ws.onerror = (e) => console.log("WebSocket error: " + e);

ws.onclose = () => {
                // connection closed, discard old websocket and create a new one in 2s
                ws = null;
                setTimeout(startWebsocket, 2000);
            };
        }

start_websocket();
    </script>
</html>

Amamin

I can't seem to install the new version correctly. The settings for it shows up under tools,
1621504278012.png

but input overlay doesn't show up when I try adding a source.
1621504333315.png

I've reinstalled OBS, I've installed and reinstalled multiple times using the installer, I've manually copied and pasted the plugin to the root folder, I've started OBS as administrator, I have the Visual C++ 2019 Redistributables installed, I've restarted OBS, I've restarted my computer. The previous version worked as I had it installed previously. My OBS is up-to-date, I've followed the wiki and the installation guide, I've tried everything I can do. I don't usually use OBS but I want to record some footage and I need to use the custom texture I made using the cct for it. It could be something obvious but I'm honestly at a loss, I can't seem to find any fix for it. Hope someone can help me get this sorted.

I have windows 10 64bit.

univrsal

I can't seem to install the new version correctly. The settings for it shows up under tools,
View attachment 71347
but input overlay doesn't show up when I try adding a source.
View attachment 71348
I've reinstalled OBS, I've installed and reinstalled multiple times using the installer, I've manually copied and pasted the plugin to the root folder, I've started OBS as administrator, I have the Visual C++ 2019 Redistributables installed, I've restarted OBS, I've restarted my computer. The previous version worked as I had it installed previously. My OBS is up-to-date, I've followed the wiki and the installation guide, I've tried everything I can do. I don't usually use OBS but I want to record some footage and I need to use the custom texture I made using the cct for it. It could be something obvious but I'm honestly at a loss, I can't seem to find any fix for it. Hope someone can help me get this sorted.

I have windows 10 64bit.
Please read the big bold text at the top of the release page on github

Sarumonin

Is there any way to add a 6 and 7, with F1 - F6?

I'm not sure how to do this

Attachments

• wasd-extended-numeric.png
    wasd-extended-numeric.png
    139 KB · Views: 175
  • wasd-extended-numeric-preview.png
    wasd-extended-numeric-preview.png
    175.6 KB · Views: 172
  • wasd-extended-numeric.zip
    303.2 KB · Views: 147