Input Overlay

Input Overlay v5.0.4

Yoappian

I got a request for an overlay. I would like just a standard A and S + Up and Right arrow overlay. Can you do that?

(Edit. This is just for a game for Friday Night Funkin. So if you caaaan [If you can] Try to make the art style similar to that game?)

Yoappian

There is only the 'report' button there, no edit button for some reason.

I'm using the latest version and I'm using my own overlay. I'll share here the config and a clip showing the problem:
- Clip, the X button stayed there for around 20 minutes (until I pressed X again): https://clips.twitch.tv/CrackyPlacidFlamingoBudStar
- My config: https://pastebin.com/F3p1fa9d
- Overlay img (its a printscreen, the background is actually transparent):
View attachment 56249

Its seems that sometimes the "Down" function (click) is registered but the "Up" function (release) is not. The way I'm doing for now is using autohotkey software with a script the release the keys I have in my layout with a macro key.
sendInput (key up) // release the specified key
Where did you get the overlay from? And how can i get it / use it

univrsal

I got a request for an overlay. I would like just a standard A and S + Up and Right arrow overlay. Can you do that?

(Edit. This is just for a game for Friday Night Funkin. So if you caaaan [If you can] Try to make the art style similar to that game?)
No I don't have the time for that.
Where did you get the overlay from? And how can i get it / use it
They most likely made it themselves.

7erralux

Trying to get "wasd-extended-numeric-square" to work but despite the png display of it looking fine, the config file comes out looking like THIS monstrosity. How do I go about changing it to look like it's supposed to??

Attachments

• Screenshot (557).png
    Screenshot (557).png
    65.3 KB · Views: 111

univrsal

Trying to get "wasd-extended-numeric-square" to work but despite the png display of it looking fine, the config file comes out looking like THIS monstrosity. How do I go about changing it to look like it's supposed to??
Try adding an empty line at the end of the ini file

kanabana12

So, I made this .png file for a pixel-themed overlay. I am very, very bad at the ini stuff and I need a bit of help if someone could. Thanks.

wasd_pix.png

Trax

okay after a few mess ups heres an image now

still confused on the ini bit

View attachment 69289
May I suggest watching this video from the plugin overview (go to 6:50 to go straight to the .ini file stuff), it's a good way to guide you through how the .ini file works.

Fortunately, I was bored enough to make a layout of it. The .ini and png files are in the attached zip. Unfortunately I had to completely change your shift key because the plugin does not support decimals on its multipliers. The multipliers also had some weird stuff when applied, which is why the space bar is 2 pixels wider and the shift key 5 pixels longer. It gets buggier if you tamper with the spacing between keys.

Attachments

• pixelated by kanabana12.zip
    31.1 KB · Views: 72

Dh0ren

Hi ! Thanks for this overlay, I'm really having fun editing it!
I was able to create an AZERTY overlay thanks to the PSD file found on page 2 of the discussion.

I read that all Photoshop files were available on Git, but I can't find any. Is it possible to tell me the location of the PSD of "mouse-new.pnj"?
thanks a lot for the overlay :D

univrsal

Hi ! Thanks for this overlay, I'm really having fun editing it!
I was able to create an AZERTY overlay thanks to the PSD file found on page 2 of the discussion.

I read that all Photoshop files were available on Git, but I can't find any. Is it possible to tell me the location of the PSD of "mouse-new.pnj"?
thanks a lot for the overlay :D
The psd files linked at the bottom of the github project are all the projects I have.

I don't know where people keep getting that key code link from but it's not what input overlay uses. Input overlay uses keycodes from here https://github.com/kwhat/libuiohook/blob/1.2/include/uiohook.h#L137

Dh0ren

The psd files linked at the bottom of the github project are all the projects I have.

Do you know where I can get them?
If not, I managed to recreate it but it would be cleaner with the original psd.

I don't know where people keep getting that key code link from but it's not what input overlay uses. Input overlay uses keycodes from here https://github.com/kwhat/libuiohook/blob/1.2/include/uiohook.h#L137

The link in the .ini files doesn't work, so I got this link by searching for character codes on google, thanks for the good link
And thanks a lot for the overlay

Tempre

Hello, I'm a user of the Japanese. English may be a little strange because I use Google Translate, but please forgive me.
Well, I am very grateful for this wonderful feature. The appearance that can be displayed is also the best.
When installed according to the README, this was displayed in OBS and the image loaded successfully.
But what's wrong with the ini file? Right-clicking on QWER or the mouse doesn't respond to anything.
I used 26.xx for OBS, but even if I downgrade to 25.08 according to the installation method on youtube etc., delete the user settings and install it again, there is no response at all.
Please let me know. Does the content of "wasd" or "mouse" react normally now?

univrsal

Hello, I'm a user of the Japanese. English may be a little strange because I use Google Translate, but please forgive me.
Well, I am very grateful for this wonderful feature. The appearance that can be displayed is also the best.
When installed according to the README, this was displayed in OBS and the image loaded successfully.
But what's wrong with the ini file? Right-clicking on QWER or the mouse doesn't respond to anything.
I used 26.xx for OBS, but even if I downgrade to 25.08 according to the installation method on youtube etc., delete the user settings and install it again, there is no response at all.
Please let me know. Does the content of "wasd" or "mouse" react normally now?
If you're not seeing inputs it might be either your keyboard layout or you could try running obs studio as administrator

Tempre

If you're not seeing inputs it might be either your keyboard layout or you could try running obs studio as administrator
Thank you for your quick reply. I tried changing the keyboard layout as you say (you should be able to change it in the windows settings), or ran it with administrator privileges, but it looks correct but there is no response when I press a key What?

I'm sorry that my problem-solving ability is low.
Is there anything else I can think of? It's 64bit of windows10.

Villan5546

Hi, I was wondering if someone could either make me correct what i did wrong or just make an overlay for me

This is my overlay I want to use
askl.png

Attachments

• askl.txt
    3 KB · Views: 36