I will pay you if you fix my microstutters when recording, not in game.

Faz8

Try setting your main monitor to either 60 or 120 instead of 144.

Colors may look off too using the sRGB color space, Rec. 709 should produce better results.

I also noticed you're using CBR. The P5 Preset is mapped, no 4090 to test the dual encoders but I know that Preset is too slow for 60FPS on the 3000 series. P4 or lower must be used.
thank you for the recommended settings, did everything you said and 99% of the video seems fine. It seems like it dropped a frame around 0:26/0:27 and when running around the first pillar at 0:29 a few times. Video link

Attachments

• 2022-12-17 20-47-53.txt
    17.8 KB · Views: 27

rockbottom

YW!

Did disabling HAGS help with Shadowplay?

Just remember, next NVMe you get, make sure it has DRAM so it can easily handle heavy workloads without getting throttled.

Faz8

YW!

Just remember, next NVMe you get, make sure it has DRAM so it can easily handle heavy workloads without getting throttled.
Shadowplay still persist having the small microstutters unfortunately. OBS too as I said earlier, but only once throughout the whole video. Do you think theres anything I can do to get a completely stutter free experience?

Will do, thank you!

Faz8

YW!

just did another test recording with OBS, issue is there again. Seems like I just got lucky with the previous recording :/
video link

Attachments

• 2022-12-17 22-41-08.txt
    17.8 KB · Views: 25

rockbottom

Other than a memory leak, log looks clean. Shadowplay still stuttering points us back to the driver or the GPU itself.

Faz8

…So I did a fresh install of windows 10 on my main drive’s second partition, and the shadowplay stutters still occur. Felt my heart sink when I saw it. It is so demotivating. I will install OBS later today but I don’t have any hope :/

TILyra

Hey Faz8, i was just reading through your post, i have similar issue, but at higher framerate, while playing rocket league (haven't tested any other games), with good hardware and nobody helped me find a solution to this problem on this forum, so i started trying many different recording softwares, i had stutters in all of them, some had bigger/less stutters than others, shadowplay also, until I tried recording my gameplay with bandicam and i get 0 stutters. Bad thing is, that u can only record 10 min at a time with free version and u have watermark on the top of the video. I'm still looking through obs threads to see, if anyone has similar issues as i have, because nobody helped me find solution and idk if anyone will help you either. I even thought about upgrading my pc parts, but idk if it will help with this issue, looking that u have the latest hardware and still have stutters. I'm thinking of purchasing lifetime bandicam license, so i can have unlimited minutes of recording time and watermark removed, but still, it doesn't have same features as obs, which i need, like recording some overlays in the background + recording gameplay at the same time. Maybe try to record with bandicam to see, if u still get stutters. I think issue is in OBS, but idk what is the issue and how to fix it.

Faz8

I did a DDU and installed nvidia drivers WITHOUT geforce experience this time. Here is a link to Analyzer, attached is a screenshot of the OBS stats of this recording. I also attached a screenshot of CRU showing both my monitors.
The duplicate frames STILL happen

Attachments

• MFqU0Ep6oA.png
    MFqU0Ep6oA.png
    33.4 KB · Views: 37
  • CRU_jlyuZHVdPK.png
    CRU_jlyuZHVdPK.png
    80.1 KB · Views: 37

rockbottom

That blows! Can't do any further troubleshooting for you but safe to say it's NOT an OBS issue.

I finally updated from 28.0.3 to 29.0.2, all good. Still running W10 21H2, Nvidia 522.30

Faz8

That blows! Can't do any further troubleshooting for you but safe to say it's NOT an OBS issue.

I finally updated to from 28.0.3 to 29.0.2, all good. Still running W10 21H2, Nvidia 522.30
really unfortunate :/ glad to hear you're all fine. Thanks again for all the previous help.

Faz8

Did you fix your issue yet ? I think I’m experiencing the same here, 13900k+4090
sorta? I'm using display capture which has been much better, but still might give frame skips like 20 minutes after recording. It's a hit or miss

wesh92

sorta? I'm using display capture which has been much better, but still might give frame skips like 20 minutes after recording. It's a hit or miss
We both have 4090s could it be this what’s causing the issue ? Which drivers are you using btw ?