I will pay you if you fix my microstutters when recording, not in game.

bcoyle

well mine was pretty hot, so I pointed a fan at it. Seems to do allright, but I am not near it most of the time when I am streaming because the video is usually going from the other side of a house on the computer there, and then just streaming up from this one with the problems. It scales it from 1920 to 1280 but that's its main task aside from uploading it. I pointed a small fan at it, and so far so good. One of the fans died some time ago, but never has been replaced. I ought to do it, pretty important computer. I may just stop streaming instead. For several years I only made videos on my own 2nd computer of the 3 computer array I am using now. I've been getting into streaming but just this summer only since being cancelled off all the platforms for knowing the truth in 2020 and 2021. Lol.
if you are talking about a laptop, a cheap cooling plate from amazon works well. They have 4 to 6 fans. I have streamed to youtube in the past, but found it dangerous. Even if i upload a video to test if it is copyrighted, maybe a year later, someone claims it and I get a strike, because I can't personally monitor the channel in real time.

AaronD

if you are talking about a laptop, a cheap cooling plate from amazon works well. They have 4 to 6 fans.
Ehh...maybe. Definitely keep an eye on it. Still not as good as a Mobile Workstation that actually has a decent *internal* cooling system.

I have streamed to youtube in the past, but found it dangerous. Even if i upload a video to test if it is copyrighted, maybe a year later, someone claims it and I get a strike, because I can't personally monitor the channel in real time.
Delete the tests, or at the very least, Unlist them. Preferably delete, as soon as you get your answer.

For things you leave up, there are licenses. Buy them and follow their fine print. I stream a weekly church service, with the appropriate (paid) license, and I put the license number in the description. We can't monetize them, because they contain stuff that belongs to someone else, but we don't want to anyway. Never had a problem with it.

It was interesting though, to see a Chinese guy claim Amazing Grace, or something like that. (clearly our own performance of a clearly public domain song) We let it be, and it never went beyond that. It stayed up, and everyone's happy.

bcoyle

Ehh...maybe. Definitely keep an eye on it. Still not as good as a Mobile Workstation that actually has a decent *internal* cooling system.

Delete the tests, or at the very least, Unlist them. Preferably delete, as soon as you get your answer.

For things you leave up, there are licenses. Buy them and follow their fine print. I stream a weekly church service, with the appropriate (paid) license, and I put the license number in the description. We can't monetize them, because they contain stuff that belongs to someone else, but we don't want to anyway. Never had a problem with it.

It was interesting though, to see a Chinese guy claim Amazing Grace, or something like that. (clearly our own performance of a clearly public domain song) We let it be, and it never went beyond that. It stayed up, and everyone's happy.
At our church, they do the same thing with licensee info at the bottom of the worship videos. During live stream and using a band, not a track, we see no interest from youtube. But the recorded upload, gets copyright claims even with the license info.
in reference to the laptops, I use a couple of older ones(ones my wife's old laptop) to be able to run a 24/7 streams doing scheduled type programming