Free Stream Notifications (Twitch, Paypal, Patreon)

Free Free Stream Notifications (Twitch, Paypal, Patreon)

BobDev

I choose to show the notifications for quite some time, 10 seconds as it is right now. I want the few viewers I have to feel special and get their name visible on stream. Also when watching alot of other streamers it's really fun to read what ppl type with their donations (think lirik's system for example) so I'd possibly make the animation delay even longer just to be able to read the donation comments. That is if you even what to make that feature that is, I'm just throwing suggestions out there for you to do whatever you want with ;)

The regular donation notification is showing perfectly, what I meant was paypalSuffixShort. In the .js the value it is emtpy by default and no matter what I type there it doesn't show in the "history area" that I have on my bottom left in the screenshot. No editing has been done to the .js prior to trying out the paypalSuffixShort. It's a fresh 1.056 install with only CSS changes through the OBS browser plugin and some copying of images.
Changing subSuffixShort or followSuffixShort works however.

Gotcha, and what you are saying is ofc making total sense :D
I'll set up a tracker according to your instructions and try it out.

Yeah I didnt get that you are writing about the list - yes sure, i will implement options for that in wizard.
As for teh message, I dont know I just think if you want to read it you will use dashboard, but maybe in the future

Paypal - you are using openshift then just provide paypal button link, generate the form and save that link to twitch - easy
We found with BullHorn that donations form for localhost users is broken so it is something that I will fix asap

BullHorn7

I'm only running from localhost because I don't know what OpenShift is... Can I use it for free?

I mean, it seems like you're giving yourself trouble by supporting 2 or 3 different methods while what they are doing are kind of identical..

BobDev

I'm only running from localhost because I don't know what OpenShift is... Can I use it for free?

I mean, it seems like you're giving yourself trouble by supporting 2 or 3 different methods while what they are doing are kind of identical..
you can run the application from your computer or from any server that supports java application.
You are right they are doing the same thing but the difference is where the application is running and how paypal is "talking" with the application.
Some people will find it easier to run it locally and some will find it easier running it from a server - chocie is yours.
For details see this video:

BullHorn7

Woah, this requires a lot more steps than I expected. It's much simpler via localhost... Are you going to fix the localhost one or have you decided to rely on OpenShit? :p

BobDev

Woah, this requires a lot more steps than I expected. It's much simpler via localhost... Are you going to fix the localhost one or have you decided to rely on OpenShit? :p
It is more complicated to set up but all that work is done only once, after that you just use filezilla to upload new FSN.jar versions and openshift web page to restart the application.

FSN v_1.057 is out and it includes the fix for paypal form
Let me know if it is working - I've send you e-mail with details

BullHorn7

OK I completely set up my FSN via OpenShift and PayPal donations work
But then I wanted to test real followers while off-stream so I asked a friend (litenbanana) to unfollow and then refollow and now my script is completely broken, constantly notifying me of all my old followers as new... And once it repeats the cycle, it starts all over again like 5 minutes later. HALP :P

BobDev

OK I completely set up my FSN via OpenShift and PayPal donations work
But then I wanted to test real followers while off-stream so I asked a friend (litenbanana) to unfollow and then refollow and now my script is completely broken, constantly notifying me of all my old followers as new... And once it repeats the cycle, it starts all over again like 5 minutes later. HALP :P
Twitch has some problems right now with their API, for some reason at some point it returns 0 followers despite the fact that real number is not 0 - that is the source of the problems (so next time script is checking for new followers it sees that previously there was no follower so it will show all followers that where in the twitch API response).

Let me know if more that one person has similar problem and I will upload a workaround for this

BCNPalomino

Hello I'd really like to switch over to this stream notification method. When I click start I get this with a black background and greyish text saying.

"F\Desktop\A Stream Programs\bobdevs>rem set JRE_HOME=C:\Java\jdk1.7.0_45\jre

F:\Desktop\A Stream Programs\bobdevs>bobdevs>java -jar FSN.jar
' java' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.
Hit ENTER t continue..."

and upon hitting enter it all closes.

Any Ideas what I may be doing wrong in trying to open this and use ♥

BullHorn7

You need to find where your real Java folder is located because the path in the start.bat is right for BobDev, not everyone else.

Right click start.bat, hit Edit, find "C:\Java\jdk1.7.0_45\jre" and replace it with your actual java folder (for me it's "C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.8.0_25" for example)

I recently switched from localhost to OpenShift method and it made everything much nicer, I would suggest you try that if the method you are using now is giving you too much trouble.

BCNPalomino

Thank you very much for the reply...I'm not sure which method i'm using actually, I'm just trying to launch the program from my desktop. I'll give this a shot and report back

BobDev

Thank you very much for the reply...I'm not sure which method i'm using actually, I'm just trying to launch the program from my desktop. I'll give this a shot and report back
openshift is a free server that hosts java applications.
You are using FSN locally - thus you are using "local" method :)

Check my youtube for instructions but this is the video showing how to run the application from a server (openshift)
It is a little complicated to set up but it is worth it

BTW the line in start.bat "rem set JRE_HOME=C:\Java\jdk1.7.0_45\jre"
Is just an comment.
Remove the "rem" text and put real path to your java directory and it should work - that is of course if you still want to run FSN locally

Bamse

BobDev: I just tried sandboxing abit with the Paypal stuff and wow, didnt realize it's so good looking. I hadn't even start digging in to it when I asked for Steamtip and now it all makes sense :)

One question tho when running 1.057 ... is localhost still broken when it comes to Paypal?
When running jetty right out of the box it listens only for connections to localhost and not my local ip or 0.0.0.0 which indicates all hosts/IPs/adapters. This is verified running netstat, sysinternal's and a few more other tools.
I've been trying to feed the JETTY_HOST parameter to the java launch line and it doesn't seem to take. Feeding it and JETTY_PORT works however so I'm doing something right atleast :D

I've been trying to include a jetty.xml file but I'm so inexperienced with jetty that I feel I'm out of my league quite a bit.
Any pointers perhaps?

EDIT: ok, scratch that regarding JETTY_PORT also. It sometimes uses 4567 as port and most often 8080 so it doesn't quite do as told ;D

Last edited:

BobDev

it listens only for connections to localhost and not my local ip or 0.0.0.0
i don't know what you are trying to do but running something locally it just means it runs using 127.0.0.1 IP which is equivalent to "localhost", now if you expose such webpage/application to external networks then you will have access to such app/page from external networks

I've been trying to feed the JETTY_HOST parameter to the java launch line and it doesn't seem to take. Feeding it and JETTY_PORT works however so I'm doing something right atleast :D
Again I have no idea what you are trying to do.
If you want to change port just edit start.bat and add port at the end.
I think I wrote you about this via e-mails or was this BullHorn?

PS if you change the port and you already registered the application with default CLIENT_ID you need toerase that client id from database and register the application with twitch (just like when app is running from openshift) and use newly created client id in first time login screen

I've been trying to include a jetty.xml file but I'm so inexperienced with jetty that I feel I'm out of my league quite a bit.
Any pointers perhaps? :)
You don't need to have any experience with jetty, you don't even need to know it exists

One question tho when running 1.057 ... is localhost still broken when it comes to Paypal?
It is not broken but to use it with paypal you need to have access to dashboard links using your ip, meaning if you can access dashboard using your IP+PORT paypal will work too (port forwarding and firewall access for specific port you are using is needed).

There are two ways you can have paypal donation tracker running from localhost:
- after you set the NT URL you can save generated paypal form to a file and upload it somewhere on the web and link that html page in twitch panel
- or you can use direct link to this generated paypal html (just like in openshift, you just register this link in twitch panel)

Both above scenarios require access to dashboard from internet, so quick test for this is to check if you can access dashboard using your IP+PORT or using your NOIP or FreeDNS name+PORT - if you can access this then you are good to go. If you cant then you didnt set up port forwarding, simply put - you didnt expose the application to the internet

Last edited:

Bamse

Thanks for a fast answer yet again.
Problem is that the content cannot be accessed from any LAN computer except this one and not from the internet. If I try to access my LAN IP (say 192.168.0.10:8080) I cannot open the dashboard or the paypal page. If I use localhost or 127.0.0.1 it works.
All windows firewalls are off on my local computer and antivirus (has no port filter or firewalls) is disabled.
If I shutdown the application and bind another service to 8080 (local install of apache) it works, both from other LAN computers and externally so I just started to suspect jetty somehow.

Looking at your answers it does sound like I still have something that might interfere on my computer and I'll uninstall some software that might be interfering and report back a bit later on.

I think you wrote to BullHorn about this because we have only communicated through this thread :)

BobDev

i don't know what you are trying to do but running something locally it just means it runs using 127.0.0.1 IP which is equivalent to "localhost", now if you expose such webpage/application to external networks then you will have access to such app/page from external networks
[EDIT] essentially FSN is a java application, that runs http server that hosts bunch of html pages.

Again I have no idea what you are trying to do.
If you want to change port just edit start.bat and add port at the end.
I think I wrote you about this via e-mails or was this BullHorn?

PS if you change the port and you already registered the application with default CLIENT_ID you need toerase that client id from database and register the application with twitch (just like when app is running from openshift) and use newly created client id in first time login screen

You don't need to have any experience with jetty, you don't even need to know it exists

It is not broken but to use it with paypal you need to have access to dashboard links using your ip, meaning if you can access dashboard using your IP+PORT paypal will work too (port forwarding and firewall access for specific port you are using is needed).

There are two ways you can have paypal donation tracker running from localhost:
- after you set the NT URL you can save generated paypal form to a file and upload it somewhere on the web and link that html page in twitch panel
- or you can use direct link to this generated paypal html (just like in openshift, you just register this link in twitch panel)

Both above scenarios require access to dashboard from internet, so quick test for this is to check if you can access dashboard using your IP+PORT or using your NOIP or FreeDNS name+PORT - if you can access this then you are good to go. If you cant then you didnt set up port forwarding, simply put - you didnt expose the application to the internet

Thanks for a fast answer yet again.
Problem is that the content cannot be accessed from any LAN computer except this one and not from the internet. If I try to access my LAN IP (say 192.168.0.10:8080) I cannot open the dashboard or the paypal page. If I use localhost or 127.0.0.1 it works.
All windows firewalls are off on my local computer and antivirus (has no port filter or firewalls) is disabled.
If I shutdown the application and bind another service to 8080 (local install of apache) it works, both from other LAN computers and externally so I just started to suspect jetty somehow.

Looking at your answers it does sound like I still have something that might interfere on my computer and I'll uninstall some software that might be interfering and report back a bit later on.

I think you wrote to BullHorn about this because we have only communicated through this thread :)
The fact that you cant use local network IP address is caused by jetty but you dont have any access to jetty itself - it is running inside my java application.

I will add possibility to specify DNS name or IP adreeses other than default localhost - so jetty will start on IP/DNS name that you specify

Last edited:

BobDev

Bamse - thank you for finding this, you are 100% correct you actually need to change jetty IP to your local LAN IP to be able to have paypal donation tracker working

Fixed in FSN v1.058 run start.bat like this:
"start.bat 192.168.1.xxx 8080"

where 192.168.1.xxx is your local IP

Last edited:

BobDev

I implemented some requests from users:
  • the ability to clear notification list, I noticed that you start the FSN and then test if it works and then ugly test message stays on screen
  • you can turn follower anti spam checkbox in wizard to not show followers that unfollow you just to see their name again
  • ability to set your own text for notifications (suffix for short and long nt message) and compose paypal notification text
  • ability to reset client id from login screen

BobDev

BobDev updated Free Stream Notifications (Twitch, Paypal, Patreon) with a new update entry:

FSN v1.06

New release 1.06: http://bobdev-fsnconcept.rhcloud.com/download

Changes:

• [NEW] added anti spam feature for followers configuration
  • [NEW] added reset button for notification list (to clear test notifications)
  • [FIX] fix the available pages link
  • [NEW] follower text is configurable from wizard (order and suffixes)
  • [NEW] start.bat can be started using specific IP and port
  • [FIX] removed .00 from donation
  • [NEW]...

Read the rest of this update entry...