Free Stream Notifications (Twitch, Paypal, Patreon)

Free Free Stream Notifications (Twitch, Paypal, Patreon)

BobDev

Alerts, donations and stuff can be edited on twitchalerts/streamlabs, so why bother making others? XD
Reasons would be:
  • Because in 2014 (when I made this) you didn't have that much choice.
  • You have your own server and would like to run notification system on it.
  • Twitch alerts used to take a cut of your donation, many still do.
  • You want to be in control of your own data.
  • Donations contain personal information (yours and your donor, I hope no one is selling that to partners or advertisers but you wouldn't know if they do).
There is many reasons for anything, your world view does not mean everyone thinks like you or do stuff the same way as you do.
Although I no longer actively add new stuff on regular basis and we are little behind in functionality the great thing is you now have many other option and can freely make your own choice.

AnbuKaru

Is there a guide to the install? I watched an older video to get things all setup but I can't change anything on the dashboard or get anything to show up in obs.

BobDev

Is there a guide to the install? I watched an older video to get things all setup but I can't change anything on the dashboard or get anything to show up in obs.
I think it is mongodb related, you cant save because new version you are using is not compatible.
Johane once wrote this (also visible in the web page when you download the app and annotation about is in the
)
Hi,

I've spend propably three or four hours while trying to get FSN running. Now I finally got it working:

ATTENTION, ATTENTION:
Starting with MongoDB 3.2 the default storage engine has changed from MMAPv1 to WiredTiger. Neither MongoDB nor FSN will show errors in the console when WiredTiger is used by MongoDB, BUT FSN will not be able to save any settings so it will be completely broken!.

How to fix FSN with MongoDB 3.2+:
  1. Clear the C:\data\db folder if you started MongoDB 3.2+ without additional commands
    (MMAPv1 is incompatible with the database files created by WiredTiger)
  2. Start MongoDB using: "mongod.exe --storageEngine=mmapv1"

I hope I have helped somebody with this. :) And maybe this information should be posted on the FSN main site/ overview/readme.

Best regards
Johaine

So either use Mongo 2.6.4 or do the above

Last edited:

AnbuKaru

Is there a way I can change the images that show up when I get a follow? I would like to add my own logos and change the background of that's there by default...I can seem to find it.

BobDev

Is there a way I can change the images that show up when I get a follow? I would like to add my own logos and change the background of that's there by default...I can seem to find it.
You need to edit the css, Additional Configuration in wizard has css edit button.
Look for logo and banner elements.

You can open allinone link in browser then Ctrl+Shift+I and play around with css when you are done cope the part you want into the editor and save it.

Sorry but right now there is no simpler way of doing it

Paola Amster

Sorry for being a total artless but there is any look-like tool that supports chatubate? I am looking for something that displays on stream the tips I own while broadcasting

BobDev

FSN currently is out of date, I didn't have time to keep up with twitch changes and needed to put this project on hold.
That said I actually am asked this a lot and I am looking into notification system for chaturbate and other cam sites.

staringatstars

I have a CB plugin written to capture tip data and can capture anything else (chat, tip msgs, in api app and bot responses....) I have used it to create an OBS tip display for a couple of models. If anyone wants me to create an OBS tip display (or something even more fancy) feel free to contact me. As I have already done the plugin I won't charge too much.

thearchitct

ah so this wont work with current OBS and twitch? no user configurable files to update it? :( I guess I should have looked at these discussion comments, before having to hunt it down on wayback machine LOL.