Free Stream Notifications (Twitch, Paypal, Patreon)

Free Free Stream Notifications (Twitch, Paypal, Patreon)

Sorry I meant add to the final tip as a few places do this as well. I've noticed people tipping extra to make up for the fee, and it would be an optional feature not forced on people.

Another thing is the option to add the number of months to the block notification for resubs and possibly the ability to include the month format into the message in the config wizard.

BobDev

I think they moved the date but this sucks :), they will stop sending PRVMSG on resubs.
I will try to add this on Friday but man.

To the point, how would you like to show the message similar to donation message or just keep it to yourself in dashboard, I guess it is not a private message since it is added to the chat with re-subscription message.

It will give me some trouble to switch to this, I need to connect to some big channel and live test it to see what exactly they send on resub.
Resub notifications might be broken right now.
This will take priority over what you asked earlier but I'll try to squeeze them all on Friday.

Also as always big thanks to keeping a pulse on twitch news, if not for you app would be broken couple of times now :)

If possible a show/hide option in config for both donation and resub message. Otherwise I'd say make it the same as the donation one if it's too much trouble.

Someone on that thread posted this as an example. If you haven't seen it yet, perhaps this is a good starting point:
http://pastebin.com/NfsEhBNT

On that note, they are using USERNOTICE for resubs and ONLY resubs. You'll have to capture that to display the notification properly.

Last edited:

BobDev

FSN v1.18 is out
  • [Fix] Fix for new way of notifying about resubs in chat
For now the message is not added to the notification message, I will add it when have more time (it took me too long to figure the new stuff and I didnt have any time for other features).

I tested it with some big channels and it should work but if something comes up let me know

BobDev

BTW if you heard about cheering or bits on twitch - it is a token system, basically a donation system that is using amazon instead of paypal - twitch partners are not allowed to talk about it but that what it is.

As far I can tell both message and the amount are available in chat so once it will be available for all users you will just see it as donation, will see if I use the same html or we make separate column and block for bits

[EDIT] correction, if you buy beats once you can type the emote
so there is no way in chat to find out which message is real or not - apparently you have a bit budget and when you have a badge you can then send bits from that budget so people are spamming ":cheers 1" in chat but I don't know if the budget is 0 if you can still type in chat ":cheers 1" and I cant tell if it is real cheer or fake one from irc perspective

If you guys find out something about this stuff for developers let me know

[EDIT] I think I figured it out
Real cheers have the amount included in the irc message
Code:
@badges=bits/100;bits=8
cheer1 TriHard T cheer1 TriHard R cheer1 TriHard I cheer1 TriHard H cheer1 TriHard A cheer1 TriHard R cheer1 TriHard D cheer1 TriHard

Code:
@badges=bits/100;bits=25
cheer5 cheer5 cheer5 cheer5 cheer5

Last edited:

BobDev

Will this be in the same block as tips or a new one? This could alter my layout design drastically.
Don't know yet, maybe separate.
Unfortunately if you made custom AllInOne,css if I change something there you will need to manually merge your stuff with new changes - will see how to handle this.

BobDev

I
Quick question, is this app compatible with the new Client-ID requirement?

https://discuss.dev.twitch.tv/t/client-id-requirement-faqs/6108
Any request must have either client ID or token, so we are covered - You already asked that(or someone did).

I can think of one request that does not have token in it, that is followers but then again it is working fine without one.

https://api.twitch.tv/kraken/channels/dansgaming/follows?direction=DESC&limit=50&offset=0

It seems many request do not require it, even if they say so.
Some request do not work if you pass client id to them
Also they wrote August 8th but as you read comments, twitch rep says August 22th, so I would not be surprised if they pushed it again.

I will test requests that do not have token in it and either add token or client Id - but it should be only followers htat do not have it

Moom

Hey man. I like your work so far. Do you know Younow. Can you make something for this website to?

Johaine

Hi,

I've spend propably three or four hours while trying to get FSN running. Now I finally got it working:

ATTENTION, ATTENTION:
Starting with MongoDB 3.2 the default storage engine has changed from MMAPv1 to WiredTiger. Neither MongoDB nor FSN will show errors in the console when WiredTiger is used by MongoDB, BUT FSN will not be able to save any settings so it will be completely broken!.

How to fix FSN with MongoDB 3.2+:
  1. Clear the C:\data\db folder if you started MongoDB 3.2+ without additional commands
    (MMAPv1 is incompatible with the database files created by WiredTiger)
  2. Start MongoDB using: "mongod.exe --storageEngine=mmapv1"

I hope I have helped somebody with this. :) And maybe this information should be posted on the FSN main site/ overview/readme.

Best regards
Johaine

Last edited:

BobDev

Hey man. I like your work so far. Do you know Younow. Can you make something for this website to?
No, there is no chance for that - as far I can tell there is no API for that site.

For now I will only finish features that I already started working on and all new features are on hold, for now.

BobDev

Hi,

I've spend propably three or four hours while trying to get FSN running. Now I finally got it working:

ATTENTION, ATTENTION:
Starting with MongoDB 3.2 the default storage engine has changed from MMAPv1 to WiredTiger. Neither MongoDB nor FSN will show errors in the console when WiredTiger is used by MongoDB, BUT FSN will not be able to save any settings so it will be completely broken!.

How to fix FSN with MongoDB 3.2+:
  1. Clear the C:\data\db folder if you started MongoDB 3.2+ without additional commands
    (MMAPv1 is incompatible with the database files created by WiredTiger)
  2. Start MongoDB using: "mongod.exe --storageEngine=mmapv1"

I hope I have helped somebody with this. :) And maybe this information should be posted on the FSN main site/ overview/readme.

Best regards
Johaine
Thx for the info, I will update the page and redme txt.

I implemented FSN using mongo 2.6, they always made it backward compatible but I will need to start mentioning this so that everything works for future users.

Again thx for your investigation and for sharing

[Edit]
Added info to all videos, web page, redme, start script, wizard page - people should notice it now, again thx for finding this out

Last edited: