Free Stream Notifications (Twitch, Paypal, Patreon)

Free Free Stream Notifications (Twitch, Paypal, Patreon)

BobDev

The problem was that I launched mongod and start.bat before creating a \data\db\journal\ folder on my C: drive before launching for the first time... Solving this was possible with BobDev's help, by installing another software called Robomongo and resetting the database.

Maybe you can make start.bat create this folder automatically so people don't run into the same problem as me.
It cant be done like this because I have no way of knowing where user will install mongodb and where to create the folder

BobDev

It cant be done like this because I have no way of knowing where user will install mongodb and where to create the folder
Also mongo wont start if you forget to create that folder, so I'm pretty sure the FSN wouldn't start either, so my conclusion was that you forget to save:)

BullHorn7

I never had this window popup, it went directly into the Dashboard, without the ability to login to Twitch or go into the Configuration Wizard.

Also, I first created the \data\db\journal\ folder inside the mongodb folder but it didn't work. I ended up making it in c:\data\db\journal\ for it to work...

Zellidon

This is very complicated. The whole mongodb setup is a put off but I'll try to get it working later I'm giving up for now I don't have the patience lol

BobDev

This is very complicated. The whole mongodb setup is a put off but I'll try to get it working later I'm giving up for now I don't have the patience lol
:)
If you are deploying to openshift then the video is a step by step instruction - if you do exactly like I did in the video you should have no problems

If you are running it on local file system it is even simplier but you need to install mongodb - I dont know what is complicated about that but if you installed it, created data/db flder in C drive or in mongodb directory you can run it and run the start.bat - nothing complicated there either

Zellidon

Nope I was going by your video and it did not work the same way. As soon as I double click mongod.exe it opens and closes automatically. Same with the start.bat. Even after a reboot it does the same =/. Unfortunately my system does not set up as easily as yours. Also you started the video by demonstrating the app which was confusing to me I wasn't sure when you actually started showing how to install this current version.

Zellidon

If you honestly want the average user to be able to use this thing you need to simplify it even more. I know a little about coding and computer tech in general so I know how to work around the issues I'm having. But the way this is working currently will not work for the average person and they won't want to use this. No matter how awesome it is :) And it is great.

BullHorn7

Gotta agree with Zellidon. If getting a software to run requires more than double clicking an .exe and pushing Next 3-5 times, you can expect 90% of people to not be able to use it.

Regardless, Zellidon, your entire issue is based upon not having the folder created for mongod. Just go to C:\ and create \data\, inside it \db\ and inside it \journal\ (So it looks like c:\data\db\journal\) abd then mongod.exe and start.bat will load.

If you then manage to open Dashboard but fail to connect to Twitch or open the Configuration Wizard, you'll have to use Robomongo to fix the database.. We'll get to there if that happens. :p

BobDev

Gotta agree with Zellidon. If getting a software to run requires more than double clicking an .exe and pushing Next 3-5 times, you can expect 90% of people to not be able to use it.

Regardless, Zellidon, your entire issue is based upon not having the folder created for mongod. Just go to C:\ and create \data\, inside it \db\ and inside it \journal\ (So it looks like c:\data\db\journal\) abd then mongod.exe and start.bat will load.

If you then manage to open Dashboard but fail to connect to Twitch or open the Configuration Wizard, you'll have to use Robomongo to fix the database.. We'll get to there if that happens. :p

Well that is the thing if you wont follow instructions you wont be able to use it, I explicitly said it may crash and if it does create the folder.
He does not need Robomongo - I asked you to install it because I knew you didnt save the ClientId (or for some reason it didnt save doesnt really matter which one) and we needed to delete the database - I'm implementing workaround for that so if that happens you will be redirected to FTL again.
Even if Zelidon opened mongo and it crashed and then opened start.bat it does not matter start.bat wont do anything because mongo it is not running.

Zelidon problem is that he didnt create the folder. My advice for does of you that have so much problems is always launch any script (not only mine but any app/script) from Start->Run->cmd.exe then cd to the path you want and start the script you want from there, and not by double clicking.
This way cmd window will stay open even if app/script will crash and you can read what is wrong.
Any app/script will throw or show text describing the problem and you can react, if you blindly double click it it will just close in case of problems.

I could include mongodb into the zip and create the folder in C:\data\db for you but come on people it is not rocket science, plus it is 130 MB big, plus I dont know if I can do that since it is external program and I dont know if their license allows it.

To be honest I understand the need for simplicity and people having different computer skills but com on there are only 3 steps:
1. install mongodb
2. run mongod if it closes and it wont stay open you do Start->Run->cmd.exe->cd toThePath->mongodb and you read what is the problem
3. If mongo is running double click start.bat, if it fails to stay open do what you did in mongo step and read the fail message.

I know it might be too complicated for some people but the truth is every notification service out there is already running on a server and people dont need to do any installations, but most of those services are getting money of off it, this software is free and because I wanted you guys to be in control of data flow you need to configure it. It might be complicated but it is how it is.
I might do what people behind Dansgaming notification did and I will configure everything for you, for a price, if there will be need for this (for example using patreon or something like that).

I know it might sound harsh but it is as simplified as it gets - I can do one thing, I can make start.bat to stay open after a failed run and you can read the messages and fix whatever is wrong.

BullHorn7

I'm not here to argue, but it's a fact. This plugin is amazing for whoever is willing to figure it out but you can't expect it to work for everyone on the first time. Hell, just visit the OBS IRC channel and you will see the level of people who are trying to stream. We even got a bingo going for it. https://obs-bingo.binarydream.fi/
:P

BobDev

BullHorn7's situation will never happen again, I fixed it, I also fixed incorrect logout message.
start.bat will stay open if something unexpected will happen so that user has the possibility to read the messages and check if it is working or not.

Zellidon

I've got it working but I have a question. How do I use my own audio files now? I made a folder called audio in the location of the FSN.jar but it's not working when I try to use them in the dashboard now.

BobDev

I've got it working but I have a question. How do I use my own audio files now? I made a folder called audio in the location of the FSN.jar but it's not working when I try to use them in the dashboard now.

You can do it in two ways:
- upload your sound file to some online service and save the url in configuration wizard
- or drag and drop sound file into the zip and then set the name of the file in configuration wizard

Second part: I posted this on Friday:
For those of you that want to change the css file manually and not from obs, or if you want to add sound files you can still do that.

jar is basically a zip file that is also executable, you can open it with some kind of zip/7zip/winrar or something else and copy the files, change or do whatever you want, html files are located in public folder.

Have fun

Basically: open the jar with some kind of zip/winrar/7zip tool and drag and drop your sound file into public/sound folder

Bamse

BobDev:
Alrighty, I'm back after some irl pewpew in the woods and saw the massive code make-over and I like it!
Altho I can agree that there is a bit too much post-install steps to be done for the average joe ... but still, it wasn't too much of a hassle. But, that's not why I'm here :)

All in all; it works like a charm for me with my simple needs. I've applied the more proper css-way of changing position of the banner along with adding some custom logos, sounds etc inside the .jar. Basically so I have it like before I updated from 1.02, visually. I do feel that the notifications show faster with 1.04 than it did before and that's awesome :)

Report/general thoughts things tho;
  • Changing bg-image in .logo in allinone.css doesn't take. Default logo is shown no matter what I do. Adding it to CSS block in OBS browser plugin works if I enter the full url, like; http://localhost:8080/img/picture.png so I'm guessing it's me not knowing how to path it correctly. I tried using the following:
    Code:
     background-image: url("/img/picture.png") !important;
    Code:
     background-image: url("../img/picture.png") !important;
    but neither works. All is good tho since using full url works :)
    Making this a config value/field in the config wizard would be awesome, I'd guess this is one of the first things ppl want to change along with the bullet point below.
  • Is it possible to add the delay on line 379 in allInOne.html as a config value in the config wizard?
    In my opinion the default 2500ms is a bit short and I'm guessing that ppl want to set this different. And the less raw file editing the better ;D
  • If in the future there's a way of not needing to re-enter the url in the OBS browser plugin that would be awesome. It is a biiiit of a pain running it locally with the need to go through a bit of a checklist each time I stream. I guess running it online/openshift reduces this quite a bit, right? :)
Again, all in all it works really well and it does exactly what I'm after. I'm looking forward to what the future might hold :D

Last edited:

Zellidon

You can do it in two ways:
- upload your sound file to some online service and save the url in configuration wizard
- or drag and drop sound file into the zip and then set the name of the file in configuration wizard

Second part: I posted this on Friday:

Basically: open the jar with some kind of zip/winrar/7zip tool and drag and drop your sound file into public/sound folder

Awesome I got it. Thanks again :D

I want to echo Bamse's sentiments that it is cumbersome having to re-enter the url every time. In the other version all I had to do was link OBS to allinone.html and it would automatically get updated from the dashboard with the token. Is there no way to do this now?

BobDev

Changing bg-image in .logo in allinone.css doesn't take
I will check why it doesnt take but this should work url("../img/picture.png").
I will prepare video about how to update the css, add files to jar and general how to soon.

Making this a config value/field in the config wizard would be awesome
It is on my todo list, maybe next update

Is it possible to add the delay on line 379 in allInOne.html as a config value in the config wizard?
Do you mean the animation delay?- the code changed and I dont know what was at that line.
I consider to change the main animation to css only (the list would stay jquerry), but I dont have the time to do it right now.
So you would change the animation aspects there but I have some work related stuff to do right now and I dont plan to work on FSN that much during next month.

If in the future there's a way of not needing to re-enter the url in the OBS browser plugin that would be awesome.
It should work like before, the token should get updated.
I will test it and if it is not working then I will fix it.
I needed to secure the connection to database and to web service - so that might broke it.
It needs to be secured because people might try to access database and other FSN stuff and try to exploit it (the online version) and I need to somehow make sure it does not happen - but it should work like this:
- re-enable allInOne
- you are good to go.

Currently I'm storing last token in db so if you re-enable allinOne and you didnt re logged-in to dashboard couple of time then it should work, but I maybe need to store last token received from allInOne instead, this way I will exactly know which token was used last there and if I need to update it. I will get back to you on that, I need to think on it.

Also break screen incoming (css away to make it your break screen)...
upload_2014-10-21_7-37-18.png

Bamse

Oooh, break screen looks awesome! I'll prolly use that as a countdown to stream-start screen aswell :)

Do you mean the animation delay?
Correct! :)

I will test it and if it is not working then I will fix it.
I tried it several times yesterday and I really do need to re-enter the url into the OBS browser plugin if you shutdown FSN.jar and start it back up.
Before entering the new token, the notification stays like this until I enter the new url, like this;
obs_fsn_error_1.png

I get that you might need a break after this, some really good work has been put into this. Everything is working for me so (imho) there's no major bugs or anything. Again, looking forward for any upcoming updates when you have the time for it :)

BobDev

Oooh, break screen looks awesome! I'll prolly use that as a countdown to stream-start screen aswell :)

Correct! :)

I tried it several times yesterday and I really do need to re-enter the url into the OBS browser plugin if you shutdown FSN.jar and start it back up.
Before entering the new token, the notification stays like this until I enter the new url, like this;
obs_fsn_error_1.png

I get that you might need a break after this, some really good work has been put into this. Everything is working for me so (imho) there's no major bugs or anything. Again, looking forward for any upcoming updates when you have the time for it :)
That is correct, it will stay like that indicating that something is wrong.
In this case that token is not valid - ok then I will think how to automate it again and stay secured.

BullHorn7

I jsut landed in Germany for work so I'll only be back to streaming in about 2 weeks... but man, that timer script looks awesome. I would definitely find a good use for it. :)