Free Stream Notifications (Twitch, Paypal, Patreon)

Free Free Stream Notifications (Twitch, Paypal, Patreon)

BobDev

I just finished implementing break screen and the fix for allInOne where old token prevented authentication with the database.
I will release it tomorrow.

BobDev

Fix for auto log in issue is released in FSN v1.051 - during launch open dashboard then copy the new AllInOne link (it is different now, old one wont work), add that new link to obs and you never will have to add it there again. You can log in, log out from dashboard and the allInOne in obs will stay up to date and connected.

BobDev

BobDev updated Free Stream Notifications (Twitch, Paypal, Patreon) with a new update entry:

FSN v1.05

New release 1.05: http://bobdev-fsnconcept.rhcloud.com/download

Changes done since v1.01:
1. Application was completely re-implemented
2. External web servers are not required to run the application from local file system
3. Application is a single jar file that can be run locally or can be deployed to external server that supports java applications.
4. Mongo database used instead of storing the property file in drive
5. Secure log in with twitch...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Bamse

Trying it out now!

Some thoughts I get when applying all customizations after upgrade;
  • I still have to enter the page address containing the token to get the notifications to show. Do I need to do anything different with 1.05 in regards to what address I need to copy & paste into OBS Browser plugin? EDIT: Nvm, worked after a few restarts of the jar-file :)
  • Is there a way to do this a bit more upgrade friendly? It takes a good 30-60 minutes after each update to get back to where I was before. That is; Adding files to .jar, redoing css, changing htmls etc.
    There a big chance I'm doing it a bit wrong (like editing the actual files in the .jar instead of adding to OBS Browser CSS-block ;P)
  • allInOne.css seems to be formatted differently this patch. Before it was nicely formatted with each value on a single line, now everything is on one long line. Kinda hard to get a good overview :)
  • Breakscreen shows default after installation, made me quite confused before I found the hide button ;)
After some time spent in notepad++ It works perfect again. I'll spend some time later this week customizing the break screen and maybe post some screenshots :D

Again, thanks a bunch for doing this. Best follower/sub notification out there!

Last edited:

BobDev

Trying it out now!

Some thoughts I get when applying all customizations after upgrade;
  • Is there a way to do this a bit more upgrade friendly? It takes a good 30-60 minutes after each update to get back to where I was before. That is; Adding files to .jar, redoing css, changing htmls etc.
    There a big chance I'm doing it a bit wrong (like editing the actual files in the .jar instead of adding to OBS Browser CSS-block ;P)
  • allInOne.css seems to be formatted differently this patch. Before it was nicely formatted with each value on a single line, now everything is on one long line. Kinda hard to get a good overview :)
  • Breakscreen shows default after installation, made me quite confused before I found the hide button ;)
After some time spent in notepad++ It works perfect again. I'll spend some time later this week customizing the break screen and maybe post some screenshots :D

Again, thanks a bunch for doing this. Best follower/sub notification out there!
Thanks for that comment:)

Well it is hard to make it update friendly, because, like you wrote of the all files that you need to change copy back into jar. The thing is in theory if you just use obs css block it should work and you should change only allinOne.css.

The problem is css block in obs browser plugin doesnt work, at least in version of browser plugin i have it is not working, but that is the plugin fault, but maybe for you it will work.
I dont know what you are changing in the html, so let me know and I might add some fields to wizard so you can set it there.

I dont know if you watched the css video i made, all files are now minimized to make the jar smaller in size.
I needed to do it because the jar was getting over 7MB and it was noticeable in the performance.

Watch the video and I have there some tips how to make the editing of the css faster.

My whole idea for the future of editing the css and customizing the look is to make a table in DB that will hold all that changed information. You would edit css in wizard and save it as a theme and basically could switch between themes or instead of css it would be all done via input fields and just going through wizard to make it even simpler. Of course it is a lot of work and it is something I will make but as I mention in some other post I dont have much time right now and I wont work on FSN for a while.
I will read all replays and write down the suggestions but all changes need to wait.

When you are done post some screen shots, I would love to see the end result.

[EDIT] As for the break screen showing up, i forgot that when you load the new jar you wont have new fields in db until you will perform some action in dashboard - thanks for the info I will fix that

Last edited:

Bamse

Thanks for a fast response! :D

I dont know what you are changing in the html, so let me know and I might add some fields to wizard so you can set it there.
I redid some of the stuff in css so the only thing I change now is the display time (delay) of the main notification that now can be found in allInOne.js

The most important issue I find right now the format of seemingly all the files. All text is one one long line making it quite hard to edit and find where stuff is.
This is how my allInOne.css looks when extracted from the jar for me: http://pastebin.com/Pxd5w4Ns

BobDev

Thanks for a fast response! :D

I redid some of the stuff in css so the only thing I change now is the display time (delay) of the main notification that now can be found in allInOne.js

The most important issue I find right now the format of seemingly all the files. All text is one one long line making it quite hard to edit and find where stuff is.
This is how my allInOne.css looks when extracted from the jar for me: http://pastebin.com/Pxd5w4Ns
Yes it will look like that, you should really check if obs css block will work for you instead but if you dont want to or whatever then in my video I did this:
- open it in some editing program like notepad++
- Edit->Replace
- replace "}" character with "}\n"
\n is symbol for end of line and what it will do it will add "enter" instead of \n and the code will be better looking.

I will add the delay thing to wizard or I will move the animation to css - just for you:)

Bamse

Oh, thanks a bunch for adding that to the wizard, much appreciated! :D

Yep, I now moved all my css changes to the obs browser css block and it seems to be working. I'm going to test it some more soon just to make sure tho :)
Thanks for the help and pointers!

I haven't gotten into the break screen yet due to lack of time but I hope I'll have some time for it at the end of the week.
My main use for the break screen will probably be a countdown to stream start, is there any way of calling the break screen directly through allInOne?
I was thinking of doing it like this:
Add a new scene and add a new global source pointing directly to the break screen counting down.
When the countdown is done and the stream starts I switch to my Intro scene, when the intro is done I switch scene to either my main game scene or pause screen depending on whats gonna happen. In my main scenes I use a separate global source to allInOne that's running the normal notifications.

Yes, I do have plenty of time to shut off/hide the break screen through the dashboard during the Intro ... but for the sake of streamlining/doing things as easy as possible for me when streaming I'd wanted to ask you anyways ;)

BobDev

Oh, thanks a bunch for adding that to the wizard, much appreciated! :D

Yep, I now moved all my css changes to the obs browser css block and it seems to be working. I'm going to test it some more soon just to make sure tho :)
Thanks for the help and pointers!

I haven't gotten into the break screen yet due to lack of time but I hope I'll have some time for it at the end of the week.
My main use for the break screen will probably be a countdown to stream start, is there any way of calling the break screen directly through allInOne?
I was thinking of doing it like this:
Add a new scene and add a new global source pointing directly to the break screen counting down.
When the countdown is done and the stream starts I switch to my Intro scene, when the intro is done I switch scene to either my main game scene or pause screen depending on whats gonna happen. In my main scenes I use a separate global source to allInOne that's running the normal notifications.

Yes, I do have plenty of time to shut off/hide the break screen through the dashboard during the Intro ... but for the sake of streamlining/doing things as easy as possible for me when streaming I'd wanted to ask you anyways ;)
No it cant be done separately without a lot of work but I can make it so that you break screen will auto close after count down is finished, so it would work like this:
- count down is running and when it is done it will hide itself (there could be a check box in dashboard for that)
- when it is hidden whatever is beneath it will be on screen, so if allInOne is a global source it will be over everything else and you just need to switch the scenes while it is counting.

I think it is one less thing that you need to do manually dont you think?
Also what is your stream? I would love to see everything in action.

BobDev

FSN v1.052 is released, changes:
- Added "hide after" check box that can be used to auto hide break screen when the count down is done
- Fixed the error when you upgrade to FSN v1.05 the break screen is on by default
- Main notification delay is now defined in css, no need to manually change js code, just change .animation{...} in css

Bamse

Awesome! Works great :D
Just one little thing, if I press the tickbox in "Hide After" nothing happens, I need to click the text. Very very very minor issue, but just fyi :)

My stream is over here; www.twitch.tv/thebamse and a few of my recordings can be found on youtube; https://www.youtube.com/user/bamsis

Please do note and as stated earlier on in my first posts in this thread; I'm in no way a big time streamer. My average viewer count is somewhere around 5 viewers, often less :P
I don't have the time (at the moment) to do a regular streaming schedule and most of the talking in game is unfortunately Swedish ... so there's no real base to make the viewer count grow right now :/

Anywho, I'll give you a shout as soon as I get the break screen configured and I have some more recorded material :)

Last edited:

BobDev

Awesome! Works great :D
Just one little thing, if I press the tickbox in "Hide After" nothing happens, I need to click the text. Very very very minor issue, but just fyi :)

My stream is over here; www.twitch.tv/thebamse and a few of my recordings can be found on youtube; https://www.youtube.com/user/bamsis

Please do note and as stated earlier on in my first posts in this thread; I'm in no way a big time streamer. My average viewer count is somewhere around 5 viewers, often less :P
I don't have the time (at the moment) to do a regular streaming schedule and most of the talking in game is unfortunately Swedish ... so there's no real base to make the viewer count grow right now :/

Anywho, I'll give you a shout as soon as I get the break screen configured and I have some more recorded material :)

That is strange, actually the whole button area around the check box should work.
I actually cant do anything about it because there is nothing to change it works in very browser I tested.

BTW
I was asked to show how to add FSN to XSplit, video will be up shortly

BobDev

Hi guys
I found recently that patreon link is not working anymore, patreon people deployed counter measures preventing external sources from parsing their content.

I figure out how to make work again but I will need your help to implement it.
I need someone with patreon account, that has some patrons.

There is a download button where you can get csv file with your patrons.
What I need is exact link that is used to get that file - it starts something like this https://www.patreon.com/downloadCsv
but it has some parameters, you can set some values in the menu before you download it and those parameters will go to the link (for example If I had information about date of the pledge I could detect new patreons and make notification about it).

See this: http://www.patreon.com/blog/2014/01/

So I need the whole link, preferably with all the options that goes with it.
If you can go to your patreon and go to the page where you can download patreon csv and play around with options and press download.
Before you press download button tho, open firefox development console => Shift+Ctrl+K
Then press download button

What will happen is:
- development console will show bunch of logs and it will show the link that was used when you pressed the button - that is the link I need
- in firefox when you press the link, in the development console, it will show you all the details about that link

Please send me the link and the details about the link and I will implement patreon notification :)
oh and send me the csv - I need to know how the data inside that file is formatted to parse it and fetch the data we need for the notifications.

Please dont post it here, rather send it to my e-mail, I dont want to leak any personal information, but to be honest I have no idea what is in the csv so thats why I need your help.
[EDIT] Thanks for the help, I no longer require any files, I'm successfully able to get the csv file from patreon, now I need to parse it and present it.

Last edited:

BobDev

FSN v1.054 is released - it contains fix for patreon

Big thanks to semjasse for all the help.
jar is quite bigger, more or less over 1MB bigger - I needed to write a lot of code to make patreon work, it was tricky but hopefully patreon people wont block this workaround for a long time, or maybe they finally implement API that I can use instead of hacks.

Bamse

I just upgraded to 1.056 and just wanted to report back that all the stuff I'm using works perfectly, still, for me.

I've just started checking out stream donations and found a small beatuty "issue", if you can even call it that :)
Looking at the picture I'm linking to below, after a donation is recieved and message goes down to event area, it looks a bit better, again imho, with "<nick> donated <x>$!" or something instead of "<nick> <x>$"

Are there any plans for adding support for streamtips.com as a tip notification source in allInOne? They have an API and everything.
The look could be something like this;
a slightly bigger notification with the regular "<nick> just donated <x>$!" and maybe a smaller tag-along box underneath showing the message sent with the donation.
A bit like this mock-up (excuse the lame paintskills ;P):
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4170539/arma3/fsn_suggestion1.png

Just a suggestion, nothing more :)
Again, thanks a million.

BobDev

I just upgraded to 1.056 and just wanted to report back that all the stuff I'm using works perfectly, still, for me.

I've just started checking out stream donations and found a small beatuty "issue", if you can even call it that :)
Looking at the picture I'm linking to below, after a donation is recieved and message goes down to event area, it looks a bit better, again imho, with "<nick> donated <x>$!" or something instead of "<nick> <x>$"

Are there any plans for adding support for streamtips.com as a tip notification source in allInOne? They have an API and everything.
The look could be something like this;
a slightly bigger notification with the regular "<nick> just donated <x>$!" and maybe a smaller tag-along box underneath showing the message sent with the donation.
A bit like this mock-up (excuse the lame paintskills ;P):
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4170539/arma3/fsn_suggestion1.png

Just a suggestion, nothing more :)
Again, thanks a million.

I dont think anyone would be able to read this, it will be so fast, if you want you can read it from dashboard once you hear the sound, but I can make a div that you will be able to show if you want, maybe in one of future updates.

The donation message is "name paypalSuffix currency amount !" where suffix is "JUST DONATED"- I just think you removed the suffix part when you edited allinOne.js.
upload_2014-11-7_17-55-5.png

As for the format of the notification, I will implement customization in wizard, where you will be able to define your own suffix, order ect.

Streamtips - this application was created for the sole reason not to use services that requires you to pay for donation trackers, I have my own tracker there is no need to use streamtips or other services.

Why I would implement free donation tracker and linked it to none free service like streamtips, if you mean you would like to use streamtips and have nice looking notifications then you can implement nice looking notifications in streamtips and obs browser plugin - there are many tutorials on this.

Finally - thank you for your contribution, I appreciate it.

BullHorn7

I've been using 1.056 during yesterday's and today's stream for Follower notifications and it worked 100% perfectly!

I'm going to try and set up PayPal donations now and report back in a few days..

Bamse

I dont think anyone would be able to read this, it will be so fast, if you want you can read it from dashboard once you hear the sound, but I can make a div that you will be able to show if you want, maybe in one of future updates.

The donation message is "name paypalSuffix currency amount !" where suffix is "JUST DONATED"- I just think you removed the suffix part when you edited allinOne.js.

I choose to show the notifications for quite some time, 10 seconds as it is right now. I want the few viewers I have to feel special and get their name visible on stream. Also when watching alot of other streamers it's really fun to read what ppl type with their donations (think lirik's system for example) so I'd possibly make the animation delay even longer just to be able to read the donation comments. That is if you even what to make that feature that is, I'm just throwing suggestions out there for you to do whatever you want with ;)

The regular donation notification is showing perfectly, what I meant was paypalSuffixShort. In the .js the value it is emtpy by default and no matter what I type there it doesn't show in the "history area" that I have on my bottom left in the screenshot. No editing has been done to the .js prior to trying out the paypalSuffixShort. It's a fresh 1.056 install with only CSS changes through the OBS browser plugin and some copying of images.
Changing subSuffixShort or followSuffixShort works however.

Streamtips - this application was created for the sole reason not to use services that requires you to pay for donation trackers, I have my own tracker there is no need to use streamtips or other services.

Gotcha, and what you are saying is ofc making total sense :D
I'll set up a tracker according to your instructions and try it out.